Delaney shoulder

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

luc1966
Club Player

Delaney shoulder

Delaney may miss rd 1

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Delaney shoulder

Bruce got a head high hit in the Sandy game and some suggested he could have a broken nose. As long as that doesn't end up being facial fractures we may at least get one on the park. No Roberton, no Fisher....it's coming back the backman's curse.

luc1966
Club Player

s*** I have missed something whats up with fish and robo

gringo
Saintsational Legend

luc1966 wrote:s*** I have missed something whats up with fish and robo

Roberton's foot must still be bothering him and I assume Fisher too. Roberton hurt his ankle late season after playing on it already sore. Fisher had his feet chopped up last year and hasn't played yet so I assume it's not perfect.

I had this fantasy that Fisher could make our forward line functional with him and Roo letting one of Lee or Maister loose it would make us a little more competitive. We could leave Webster, Roberton, Delaney, gwilt etc down back.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Ok...who walked under the ladder...or kicked the black cat...???

This season is starting to show every sign of being the season from hell. That we well into rebuilding, but not yet benefiting from enough new players is only going to make things worse.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
luc1966
Club Player

Yeah I mentioned after Lyon left that let's try fish foward let's face it he was a chf when recruited.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Surely if Delaney was any chance of not playing round one, they wouldn't have brought him back on the field in the last quarter. We were playing a meaningless practice match and were 11 goals down, if he was even slightly injured they would have kept him off.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

luc1966 wrote:Delaney may miss rd 1
No big loss at this stage. My best mate is a mad Kanga and he doesn't rate Delaney. Nor did the Kangas' hierarchy. It's only two games in, but he's shown very little that inspires. May be a good second or third stringer, but we need to keep searching for the gun, tall defender who will ultimately replace Sam Fisher. Hope I'm wrong, but a GOP at best.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
No big loss at this stage. My best mate is a mad Kanga and he doesn't rate Delaney. Nor did the Kangas' hierarchy. It's only two games in, but he's shown very little that inspires. May be a good second or third stringer, but we need to keep searching for the gun, tall defender who will ultimately replace Sam Fisher. Hope I'm wrong, but a GOP at best.

maybe a good player with sandy.......he looked terrible to me...that kick out that landed in the arms of a gws player 35 metres from goal had me pulling my hair out...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
White Winmar wrote:

maybe a good player with sandy.......he looked terrible to me...that kick out that landed in the arms of a gws player 35 metres from goal had me pulling my hair out...
Stnger apart from that absolute shocker kickout I thought he played quite well. He and Simpkin both spoilt well but I wouldnt be expecting either to outmaking opponents like the dominant key defenders.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!