Roo Bags Seaford

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Roo Bags Seaford

samuraisaint wrote:BTW - one of the reasons Lockett left us in the 90s was that he hated playing at Waverley. Other players at the time said that they felt that the dimensions of the ground would shorten careers. Well, Hawthorn train there and it hasn't stopped them from being very successful. Since the 90s we seem to be living in a culture of complaint and one of the things Thommo and Butterrss got right was taking the players to countries like South Africa and China and showing them how the other half live.
But Thommo hated us playing in Lonnie cause the players sooked about it, and hence why we are out of Tassie which cost us plenty financially.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Yep, point taken - as I said - one of the things he got right. He didn't get everything right.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:I went out a lot well into my thirties and thoroughly enjoyed myself, spent 7 years living overseas, and another year intertstate, so I have been around a bit. I work in the Frankston area though, but don't live in it and neither do a lot of my colleagues. But hey, guess what? After work they go home and go out. I think some of you guys need to leave your insulated cocoons a bit more. Just a thought.
I lived in Tecoma for a year and went out in the city every weekend. It sucked.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

bergholt wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:I went out a lot well into my thirties and thoroughly enjoyed myself, spent 7 years living overseas, and another year intertstate, so I have been around a bit. I work in the Frankston area though, but don't live in it and neither do a lot of my colleagues. But hey, guess what? After work they go home and go out. I think some of you guys need to leave your insulated cocoons a bit more. Just a thought.
So you went out in the city 52 times a year and it sucked every time?

You don't appear to be a fast learner.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

This thread's a joke.... If a player is sooking about such garbage.... He's not made of the stuff required anyway...

I'd prefer they concentrate on the opportunity they have afforded to them to become a quality professional footballer?! Not be concerned about the inconvenience of driving to work, or moving to a bayside suburb....

Harves sold up at Black Rock to live in Mt Eliza? He must be an idiot because he works in the city and chooses to live in a house overlooking the bay? And he puts up with Traffic direction... He a
So grew up in Seaford, so surely he and his family were possible serial killers? Like Burkie and Loewy?!

And
I didn't realise Tullamarine was such a great area, the Whitten Oval, Waverley, Casey Fields, Geelong.... Heaven sake why do Geelong players seem so happy? Surely impossible if the can't live in Stk, Fitzroy, Albert Park or Carlton?

I'm miserable about being in a Shitty suburb, where I have to walk 100 meters to the beach (btw I don't live in Seaford) and I can't walk down the street every night, past people and feel good about life in the big smoke, perhaps chat to a Junkie, homeless person, busker or Pro about life.... Maybe get socked by some 19yo moron on Crack ... Hmmm...
It maybe the place to be for a kid, so they can party and get on the drugs and piss? But you can actually get into the city on roads and rail... You don't need a permit?

I spent my teenage years at Potts Point, as far as entertainment goes, it makes Melbourne look like Bonnie Doon... Was over it quickly and went out to Eastern Suburbs for a better lifestyle.... Fascination with overcrowded concrete jungles bemuses me?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/ ... 327ho.html

"''I think everyone would acknowledge that Seaford is geographically a little bit challenging at times. But the real challenge is to make any environment one that is enjoyable to be at,'' Riewoldt said."

So these are the words that have lead to a 6 page (so far) thread where many are bagging a player who is both our Captain and one of our most decorated players?

Really; is that it?

Or is there more??? :?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/ ... 327ho.html

"''I think everyone would acknowledge that Seaford is geographically a little bit challenging at times. But the real challenge is to make any environment one that is enjoyable to be at,'' Riewoldt said."

So these are the words that have lead to a 6 page (so far) thread where many are bagging a player who is both our Captain and one of our most decorated players?

Really; is that it?

Killjoy!!!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Not all of us are bagging the great man. Just a bit over the whole Seaford sucks thing generally. I don't care where they train as long as they are successful. I am on record as saying I will even sacrifice a couple of games in Wellington a year for the end game of the Saints getting back into another Grand Final and hopefully pinching one - I mean Geelong and Collingwood finally managed it, why not us?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
We all know why we are there and we all know the sooner we can return full time to Moorabbin the better.
Why are we there?
Because Topsy Peachy said:"Coucil says NO!" To the Saints redeveloping Moorabbin back about 5 years ago!
Sorry, but if we decided to completely move the Club's base - and pass up a great development plan in the process - because one councilor was kicking up a fuss (and I don't believe that is the reason we went to Seaford) then the guys in charge at the time (Fraser etc) are a joke.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:
Sorry, but if we decided to completely move the Club's base - and pass up a great development plan in the process - because one councilor was kicking up a fuss (and I don't believe that is the reason we went to Seaford) then the guys in charge at the time (Fraser etc) are a joke.
It is the reason we moved. It wasn't because of one councilor, but she was the mayor at the time, and yes Archie Fraser was and probably still is a joke!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stevie
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

Dd you live in Phoenix, Arizona before that, bro? And then after you went all the way to Tecoma, did you move to Philadelphia, Atlanta, then L.A.?

If so, keep on a rocking me, baby...

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:This thread's a joke.... If a player is sooking about such garbage.... He's not made of the stuff required anyway...

I'd prefer they concentrate on the opportunity they have afforded to them to become a quality professional footballer?! Not be concerned about the inconvenience of driving to work, or moving to a bayside suburb....

Harves sold up at Black Rock to live in Mt Eliza? He must be an idiot because he works in the city and chooses to live in a house overlooking the bay? And he puts up with Traffic direction... He a
So grew up in Seaford, so surely he and his family were possible serial killers? Like Burkie and Loewy?!

And
I didn't realise Tullamarine was such a great area, the Whitten Oval, Waverley, Casey Fields, Geelong.... Heaven sake why do Geelong players seem so happy? Surely impossible if the can't live in Stk, Fitzroy, Albert Park or Carlton?

I'm miserable about being in a Shitty suburb, where I have to walk 100 meters to the beach (btw I don't live in Seaford) and I can't walk down the street every night, past people and feel good about life in the big smoke, perhaps chat to a Junkie, homeless person, busker or Pro about life.... Maybe get socked by some 19yo moron on Crack ... Hmmm...
It maybe the place to be for a kid, so they can party and get on the drugs and piss? But you can actually get into the city on roads and rail... You don't need a permit?

I spent my teenage years at Potts Point, as far as entertainment goes, it makes Melbourne look like Bonnie Doon... Was over it quickly and went out to Eastern Suburbs for a better lifestyle.... Fascination with overcrowded concrete jungles bemuses me?

But alas - how many times do you travel to the city to watch the footy?

That's why you probably also have a good TV, to go along with the beach views...

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:
bergholt wrote:

Dd you live in Phoenix, Arizona before that, bro? And then after you went all the way to Tecoma, did you move to Philadelphia, Atlanta, then L.A.?

Its hot in the city, hot in the city, tonight!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:
bergholt wrote:I lived in Tecoma for a year and went out in the city every weekend. It sucked.

Unfortunately yes. That's why my time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin', into the future.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
bergholt wrote:I lived in Tecoma for a year and went out in the city every weekend. It sucked.
So you went out in the city 52 times a year and it sucked every time?

You don't appear to be a fast learner.
It was great fun being out on the town. It was less fun travelling an hour and a half home. But given personal circumstances I didn't have much choice.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/ ... 327ho.html

Really; is that it?

You forgot the steak knives.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Always been a sook, not surprised at all.
Reckon he had plenty to do with Watters' sacking also.
just wanted to bump this post.........how many supporters do we have like this one ???

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
just wanted to bump this post.........how many supporters do we have like this one ???
At least 3614.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:

Not me. I reckon he would have had little to do with SW sacking. From what we hear SW had a lot to do with SW sacking.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
So being a true supporter involves total acceptance and worship of anything the players do and say?
I better give it a go and see if I can become as ideologically pure as the Fireman.

1)Milne is the greatest small forward ever and worthy of financial support to clear his name from the conspiracy created by Malthouse, the girl concerned the police and the MARTIANS!
2)Riewoldt is the greatest footballer and captain ever and we were lucky to get him for a mere $1 mill plus p/annum
his finger pointing and glaring at team-mates who don't pass it to him are really exercises recommended to him by physios to stretch his HAMSTRINGS.
of course he isn't a sook, after all it only took him one and a half years to get over his willie being photographed and photo put on the net, now that's true courage and leadership after all some Holocaust and child sex abuse survivors don't ever get over their trauma!
3)Steven Baker was an ornament to the game who was unfairly maligned by Farmer, DEmetriou the umpires, the media and opposition supporters.
He graciously interrupted his PH D studies in nuclear physics and curing cancer to play for Saints and should have won multiple Brownlows as well as a Nobel peace prize.

Is that enough penance for a start?
Please advise how I am going on my path to true enlightenment and appropriate supporterhood

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Pass the popcorn Matrix...better make it the large size!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Pass the popcorn Matrix...better make it the large size!
Was a great response by whiskers.

This thread is Shapellesk.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Pleasing
Club Player

I grew up in Frankston in a Saints family but now live in the North East after spending most of my 20’s and 30’s in the inner city sipping espressos (milk should never touch good coffee). Where St Kilda have their training ground is totally irrelevant to me I watch them play not train and I will never change my club.

What is important is the long term growth of our membership and this is where Seaford can be a strategic point of difference as opposed to Moorabin which has been milked for members already. The problem I see is that the club has not committed to the move, Roos comments are just the latest sign that the club still doesn’t have it’s heart in the move. The constant speculation of a redeveloped Moorabin further undermines the move and let’s be honest that is just a pipe dream, we are mired in debt, we don’t have one cent spare to redevelop another training base. We should own the Penninsula and the surrounding burbs out to Cranbourne and down to Portsea as well as our traditional area all the way back up the Nepean Hwy to the Junction. But frankly it is the new suburbs out the back of Frankston and Mornington with the young families that we should be focussed on for the future, make the kids in the area believe that we are their local team. Once they choose a team at 6 or 7 they are rusted on for life. The biggest problem is not the players it is the admin and the board the vast majority of whom I suspect would prefer their workplace was closer to the city and that board members didn’t need to travel to Seaford after working in their high powered real jobs to attend board meetings. Geelong embrace their home town because it is their home town we vacillate and send mixed messages because we feel like temporary tenants on the Peninsula. This attitude is killing any hope of this being a successful move, it is totally unprofessional and their strategy is completely compromised by vested interests and personal preferences. Go hard or go home.

PS The same applies to New Zealand you have to commit to make it a success.

Let me in
matrix
Saintsational Legend

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Pleasing, you've named it IMO.

It's about accepting & extracting as many positives as possible.

Since we've moved there, it's like the NZL thing put the peninsula on the back burner.

I've said it heaps of times, but pies give membership stuff to New citizens of Australia, we should do that with new babies born in frankston and peninsula hospitals.

Little things like that...