If I was Pelchen, at the end of 2014.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: If I was Pelchen, at the end of 2014.....

plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:It was stated by the Saints on the weekend that they will again trade for better draft picks prior to the 2014 draft.

If the club wants to do that then they have to give up something, i wouldn't be surprised to see Gilbert on the table, if he stays injury free.

If Gilbert plays as he has for the last 3 years he is worth a late second pick IMO so I dont see the point. If he plays like he did before about 2010 he is a first round pick but if he plays like that surely we would want to keep him. You are 100% correct saying you have to give up something good to get something good but I reckon it is hard to suggest many if any player with 22 games to go in the year.
22 games to go, you are 100% correct saying that.

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:Ray is a good player, but I don't think we'd get anything, so I'd keep him. IIRC melbourne didn't offer much, I can't remember exactly what the offer was, but at the time I don't think it was worth it, he's a good over head mark for his size.
Sam Crocker was a great kick and Eljay Connors was quick but one skill doesn't make a footballer. My problem with Faz continues to be that he doesn't have enough strengths - he's not particularly defensive, he doesn't kick goals, he can't play as a true midfielder and he's too small for key position. I agree that he's a good overhead mark for his size but that alone isn't enough to make him a good player.

Playon
Club Player

ST KILDA coach Alan Richardson is open to potentially trading out another significant player as the rebuilding Saints look for a strong presence in upcoming drafts.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-02-09/S ... -big-names

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Here's the issue with trading Armo (and I'm not really for or against at this stage, he has some good attributes but also some limitations)

How do we get Jack Steven to sign a new contract, if we've sacrificed the rest of his generation at the trade table?? He, along with McEvoy and Armo were the core of the (sadly, really small) group that were recruited at the start of the Lyin' Era, who would become the experienced leaders of our next successful generation.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote: How do we get Jack Steven to sign a new contract
$10,000,000 for 9 years?

citywest

Playon wrote:ST KILDA coach Alan Richardson is open to potentially trading out another significant player as the rebuilding Saints look for a strong presence in upcoming drafts.

Thanks for posting the above link Playon.

I guess you owe me an apology Joffaboy for the gem you posted below!!!!!!!!

Postby joffaboy » Sun 09 Feb 2014 8:57pm
Dumbest thing I have read from this Essendon troll.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
Playon wrote:ST KILDA coach Alan Richardson is open to potentially trading out another significant player as the rebuilding Saints look for a strong presence in upcoming drafts.

Thanks for posting the above link Playon.

I guess you owe me an apology Joffaboy for the gem you posted below!!!!!!!!

Postby joffaboy » Sun 09 Feb 2014 8:57pm
Dumbest thing I have read from this Essendon troll.

Im sure JB doesnt need a hand but what Richardson said doesnt mean Gilbert or Armo will be traded. Im with Jb. Dumbest thing ive read and not because we may or may not trade guys but because naming players with 22 games left in the season is outright madness.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Exactly plugger. Chances are that Richardson may well trade more players, might even be Gilbert or Ray, but to name them before a ball has been kicked is ludicrious.

But Essendon trolls wouldn't care, they just come on here to troll Saints fans.

Again DUMBEST THING I HAVE READ ON HERE.

Fool

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

citywest wrote: What do you think the other clubs would offer for them??

Me personally, I would expect a pick between 20 to 30 for Gilbert, 18 to 25 for Armitage, 30 to 40 for Ray.
I think that's very wishful thinking.

RAY: I think there would be very little interest. Maybe Melbourne, Giants or Suns would be interested? But I'd say we'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick.

ARMO: Again, 2nd round pick at best. I doubt Armo crack very many (if any) of the top 8 sides first 22.

GILBO: He has actually had a lot of injuries in the last couple of years in particular. So I think we'd be very lucky to get a 2nd rounder again. He's getting on in age, he's injury prone and he's a liability disposal-wise. His disposal would be enough to put off a fair few clubs.

citywest

joffaboy wrote:Exactly plugger. Chances are that Richardson may well trade more players, might even be Gilbert or Ray, but to name them before a ball has been kicked is ludicrious.

Fool
I seriously doubt you even read my OP Joffaboy. Considering this forum is struggling to get enough people on here I would have thought you would have stopped attacking everyone who has a different opinion to you. The fact that the ball hasn't even been bounced yet is irrelevant. My post was designed for some good old fashioned debate which quite frankly has been lacking on here lately.

citywest

Oh, and by the way Joffaboy, I may just mark this thread, and in particular your post, and bring it back after this years Trade Period. It could/will make very interesting reading.

citywest

QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:
citywest wrote: What do you think the other clubs would offer for them??

Me personally, I would expect a pick between 20 to 30 for Gilbert, 18 to 25 for Armitage, 30 to 40 for Ray.
I think that's very wishful thinking.

RAY: I think there would be very little interest. Maybe Melbourne, Giants or Suns would be interested? But I'd say we'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick.
ARMO: Again, 2nd round pick at best. I doubt Armo crack very many (if any) of the top 8 sides first 22.
GILBO: He has actually had a lot of injuries in the last couple of years in particular. So I think we'd be very lucky to get a 2nd rounder again. He's getting on in age, he's injury prone and he's a liability disposal-wise. His disposal would be enough to put off a fair few clubs.
You do realize that a second round pick at worst is pick 36? I'd be happy with a pick between 30 -40 as I said above. So you are actually agreeing with me. :roll: :lol:
I disagree with you regarding Armo. You reckon we would only get pick 36 at best. If that is the case then I would not trade him.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
Considering this forum is struggling to get enough people on here
this is completely wrong and proves that you're just on here to take the p!ss.

If only the mods would have the gumption to ban you.

You're a troll. We all know it.

Just like your scum bag cheating Bombers, you have only escaped sanction on a technicality NEXUS_HELEN.

Like JB said...

FOOL.

PS. Hi James.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Exactly plugger. Chances are that Richardson may well trade more players, might even be Gilbert or Ray, but to name them before a ball has been kicked is ludicrious.

Fool
I seriously doubt you even read my OP Joffaboy. Considering this forum is struggling to get enough people on here I would have thought you would have stopped attacking everyone who has a different opinion to you. The fact that the ball hasn't even been bounced yet is irrelevant. My post was designed for some good old fashioned debate which quite frankly has been lacking on here lately.

If a ball hasnt been bounced yet then why werent these guys just traded last year. Nothing has changed in 5 months to increase or decrease their value. Its just a post designed to fights not debates.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
citywest wrote:
Considering this forum is struggling to get enough people on here
this is completely wrong and proves that you're just on here to take the p!ss.

If only the mods would have the gumption to ban you.

You're a troll. We all know it.

Just like your scum bag cheating Bombers, you have only escaped sanction on a technicality NEXUS_HELEN.

Like JB said...

FOOL.

PS. Hi James.
Agree.

Can't understand why city west hasn't been banned yet again

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
citywest

Banned for what saintspremiers? For posting a well thought out Trade proposal designed to help St Kilda's rebuild? Or for asking posters to give their opinion?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:Banned for what saintspremiers? For posting a well thought out Trade proposal designed to help St Kilda's rebuild? Or for asking posters to give their opinion?

Well thought out? Why didnt they do it last year. I doubt pre season has changed anyones value apart from getting older so may have actually lost value.

citywest

Losing McEvoy and Dal Santo in one year was more than enough for one year. (BJ the previous year).You can't do it all at once. The list will be another year older and better able to cope with the loss of either Armo, Gilbo or Ray and to be replaced with another youngster/s. Remember, it's all about 2018 and beyond but by the same token we don't want the current to crash the way it did for Melbourne.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:Losing McEvoy and Dal Santo in one year was more than enough for one year. (BJ the previous year).You can't do it all at once. The list will be another year older and better able to cope with the loss of either Armo, Gilbo or Ray and to be replaced with another youngster/s. Remember, it's all about 2018 and beyond but by the same token we don't want the current to crash the way it did for Melbourne.

You do realise Ray actually has no value at all based on form and age. Armo based on form has the best value but again it would getting rid of someone in the perfect age bracket so it defeats the purpose. Gilbert is a second or third rounder based on previous form so not sure we would get rid of him. Why not trade jack? He would get a top 5 pick.

Also wasnt it your idea to get rid of everyone over 28? Now you dont want to crash like melbourne. Thats confusing.

citywest

I would definitely trade Gilbert, especially if he has a good year. I reckon Hawthorn would give us their first pick, especially if they go back to back (pick 18 - depending on whether there are any more compensation picks left, it could be pick 20). Lake and Gibson are just about finished so they would jump at Gilbert.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:I would definitely trade Gilbert, especially if he has a good year. I reckon Hawthorn would give us their first pick, especially if they go back to back (pick 18 - depending on whether there are any more compensation picks left, it could be pick 20). Lake and Gibson are just about finished so they would jump at Gilbert.
Further categorical proof that you are not a saints person.

If you knew anything about Gilbert you would know he is not a replacement for Gibson or Lake.

<Edited by Mod...Attacking poster>

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:I would definitely trade Gilbert, especially if he has a good year. I reckon Hawthorn would give us their first pick, especially if they go back to back (pick 18 - depending on whether there are any more compensation picks left, it could be pick 20). Lake and Gibson are just about finished so they would jump at Gilbert.

Well all that statement has a hell of a lot of fact in it. Good stuff.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i'm effen sick of this.
... let the bloke have his say.

some of the replies says more about the responders
& the two faced moderation than the thoughts 'n intentions
of nexus.

marionettes of the mob master.
.... suckholes.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Principle of Q'uo wrote:i'm effen sick of this.
... let the bloke have his say.

some of the replies says more about the responders
& the two faced moderation than the thoughts 'n intentions
of nexus.

marionettes of the mob master.
.... suckholes.

He can have his say and so can other say his say is crap. I couldnt give a stuff who the guy is more the crap he comes out with.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

same same.

call crap as ya see it.

obviously ! i am commenting on the suckhole brigade
playing the man not the ball.

'n i have no problem with jb shirtfronting the dude
.... once !

the rest of the marionettes are effen hypocrites
'n as unoriginal as beating off to channel 9 news.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.