Heartland spurned

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Heartland spurned

70s sainter wrote:I would love to know the ongoing "projects" that Nettledfold couldn't committ to which caused him to quit are. They were supposed to be announced months ago but the silence has me thinking they have either fallen thru or the were bulls*** in the first place .
See there is your first question right there! Projects, planned or otherwise, what will be the short term projects and who will be executing them and what experience do they have with similar type projects. Focusing on the executive management is one thing but bringing the minions on the ground level out into the light and getting an understanding about who and how planned projects will be executed is getting to the nuts and bolts of it.

If you ask me most CEOs and general managers are a wast of space in an organization the size of most AFL clubs. Project managers make it happen.

Are summary reports available for the cost benefit analysis of each project and questions of the like are going to keep your executives honest in an AGM. Find out details about the planned operations for 2014 and don't let the execs talk about costings of projects so much which is one thing but also ask about the "spendies". It's no point having nice waffle about projects that have been costed but won't see the light of day in 2014 because there is no cash. Try and keep the executives to what they think they will actually achieve in 2014 and then you have something to discuss at next years AGM.

As St Trav rightly points out its useless going over old ground, old ground is what these senior executives are highly skilled at and at St Kilda we would probably have the elite team of slippery shoulders in the country. They have braced for the questions on old ground...get them to to talk about what they will achieve in 2014.

onlooker2
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote: i might be differant but in my opinion why would you want to bother with rehashing over things that have already been done ?

Seaford - what will be gained by getting a statement like that ? honestly why is it soo important too you to hear the club say it was a mistake ? how will saying it was a mistake make things better ? how will saying its a mistake make the transition easier where is the benefit? from my knowllege the players have accepted that they got a longer drive in fact many now live closer to seaford than Moorabbin ... i dont get why the mambers are so worked up about where the team do their weights , have their meetings and do their training ? to me its like getting upset over the local bunnings distribution centre moving .. the local bunnings still provides its goods (games) in the same place (Ethihad) it just stores its stock elsewhere ...
If thats all there was to the Seaford location then fine. But it's f-----g well not. There is so much more hinging on a CENTRAL LOCATION for the Club than pushinmg a few F-----g weights. Some of the decisions made about gatherring some drive to what's happening to this Club just amaze me. Frankston AGM For God's sake wake up

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

onlooker2 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote: i might be differant but in my opinion why would you want to bother with rehashing over things that have already been done ?

Seaford - what will be gained by getting a statement like that ? honestly why is it soo important too you to hear the club say it was a mistake ? how will saying it was a mistake make things better ? how will saying its a mistake make the transition easier where is the benefit? from my knowllege the players have accepted that they got a longer drive in fact many now live closer to seaford than Moorabbin ... i dont get why the mambers are so worked up about where the team do their weights , have their meetings and do their training ? to me its like getting upset over the local bunnings distribution centre moving .. the local bunnings still provides its goods (games) in the same place (Ethihad) it just stores its stock elsewhere ...
If thats all there was to the Seaford location then fine. But it's f-----g well not. There is so much more hinging on a CENTRAL LOCATION for the Club than pushinmg a few F-----g weights. Some of the decisions made about gatherring some drive to what's happening to this Club just amaze me. Frankston AGM For God's sake wake up

Central to what? hasnt hurt the Hawks. And I am still to see why it matters where the clubs train. No one watches these days anyway. Melbourne are very central.

onlooker2
Club Player

We are not the Hawks. We do not have their membership base or any thing approaching it. There is no point given our present position in staying at Seaford. It is a financial put off for sponsors and does nothing to try and advance or provide some drive/impetus to do something about membership. Big sponsors want central recognition and exposure for their product and a membership initiative needs to be dragged along with it at a CENTRAL LOCATION, not at some discrete part of the peninsula. The Frankston AGM is just beyond me. Does absolutely nothing to advance the Club other than to satisfy a statutory requirement.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

onlooker2 wrote:We are not the Hawks. We do not have their membership base or any thing approaching it. There is no point given our present position in staying at Seaford. It is a financial put off for sponsors and does nothing to try and advance or provide some drive/impetus to do something about membership. Big sponsors want central recognition and exposure for their product and a membership initiative needs to be dragged along with it at a CENTRAL LOCATION, not at some discrete part of the peninsula. The Frankston AGM is just beyond me. Does absolutely nothing to advance the Club other than to satisfy a statutory requirement.
Having a training base in Seaford has very little to do with attracting sponsorship dollars. Big sponsorship dollars come from companies looking for national exposure on the TV. Being on TV regularly is what sponsors want.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
onlooker2 wrote:We are not the Hawks. We do not have their membership base or any thing approaching it. There is no point given our present position in staying at Seaford. It is a financial put off for sponsors and does nothing to try and advance or provide some drive/impetus to do something about membership. Big sponsors want central recognition and exposure for their product and a membership initiative needs to be dragged along with it at a CENTRAL LOCATION, not at some discrete part of the peninsula. The Frankston AGM is just beyond me. Does absolutely nothing to advance the Club other than to satisfy a statutory requirement.
Having a training base in Seaford has very little to do with attracting sponsorship dollars. Big sponsorship dollars come from companies looking for national exposure on the TV. Being on TV regularly is what sponsors want.
Agree Cairnsman

so what are melbourne doing at casey and Essendon at Tullamarine....

position of Training base should make little differance- sponsors are not going to get much more access than supporters, and we are in NO position to just up and move right now-
the team have good facilities- they no longer have a gym built over a spa/pool, they have an altitude room big enough for a good group- they have a gym with enough equipment for every member of the squad to be on something...

there are plans for a double base-- rather than sniping and complaining maybe more of us should be out there being positive about what we have got... and encourage more to be involved- Growing members is vital to our survival let alone building as Moorabbin..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Agree Cairnsman

so what are melbourne doing at casey and Essendon at Tullamarine....

position of Training base should make little differance- sponsors are not going to get much more access than supporters, and we are in NO position to just up and move right now-
the team have good facilities- they no longer have a gym built over a spa/pool, they have an altitude room big enough for a good group- they have a gym with enough equipment for every member of the squad to be on something...

there are plans for a double base-- rather than sniping and complaining maybe more of us should be out there being positive about what we have got... and encourage more to be involved- Growing members is vital to our survival let alone building as Moorabbin..
Speaking of volunteers Bratty I think one idea would be for the club to investigate business clusters and invite small to medium business owners (especially ones that are located in the South East) to form a cluster with the club. Speaking from personal experience business clusters can be very beneficial and can even attract government funding and as far as I know there isn't one that has been formed with an AFL club as one of its members. Sometimes the cream is in the small things and if the club is having trouble attracting the large companies to join them then maybe there might be success in having a volume of companies join them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True about Hawthorn. They agreed to merge we have never done such a thing. And what was their membership base like when they went to Glen Waverley? For a great side it was much better than ours at the time. Do you honestly think if Holden were going to sponsor us they wouldnt because we are in Seaford. How does a person buying a car in Cairns worry about the location of our footy club? And local sponsors are just that local sponsors so we get them wherever we are located. We have been struggling for sponsors well before the move to Seaford or is Moorabbin not central enough either. We shot ourselves in the foot with the off field stuff wheather it was corrct or not and havent recovered. The Seaford thing isnt the cause at all.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

saintbrat wrote: they have a gym with enough equipment for every member of the squad to be on something...
Perhaps that could be rephrased Bratty......... :wink: :wink:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

just taking a guess here were you one of the people who spent years watching the saints in the mud at moorabbin?
its romantic to say that the spirit of the club is in Moorabbin but the truth of it is, its only a suburb, yes there is a past there with many fond (and many not so fond) memories but this is 2014 its not 1966 its not the 70's or the 80's , the kids at the club now have no attachments to Moorabbin like the Robert Harveys , Nathan Burkes and Stewie Loewes would have had remembering the days of actually playing at the ground ... our home is where we play its where the boys put it all on the line and thats been Ethihad for years .. members like yourself need to get over the romance of the bygone era and realise there is much more to the club than the place it played 3 generations ago ..

as for sponsors they wouldnt care where we train as long as their logo gets on telle

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

As it's turned out heatwave wise the crowd will be tiny.

Question time won't be exciting

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:As it's turned out heatwave wise the crowd will be tiny.

Question time won't be exciting

have you got a long range forcast?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107