Top 5 Most Dangerous Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Doug Booth
Club Player

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Saints

White Winmar wrote:1. Ditterich
2. Muir
3. Cowboy
4. The Pascoe brothers
5. Douglas Booth
WTF !!!!!!

The dog looked at me !
saintjake
Club Player

Kosi has killed many people over the journey when he charges into packs with eyes only for the ball

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:Kosi has killed many people over the journey when he charges into packs with eyes only for the ball
Usually teammates!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
onlooker2
Club Player

Morrow was definitely a hard nut. Had a recollection he might have fought for the Vic Amateur Heavyweight or Light Heavyweight title at one point. He certainly didn't muck around when he needed to exert his presence. The other player that comes to mind apart from the obvious ones already mentioned is a former No 19 - A Davis. Talk about unpredictable. At about 6 ft and a bit over 13 stone he certainly knew how to run the lines. Saw him absolutely wreck Leigh Mathews at a centre bounce running through the centre at top pace just as Matthews was to take possession of the ball. After the contact H'thorn put Matthews in a forward pocket hoping he would recover but about 10 mins later took him off the ground and didn't return. He could certainly look after himself. Around this time I had a friend who played for C'wood and he told me how wary you had to be to get involved in a pack that included A Davis.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

onlooker2 wrote:Morrow was definitely a hard nut. Had a recollection he might have fought for the Vic Amateur Heavyweight or Light Heavyweight title at one point. He certainly didn't muck around when he needed to exert his presence. The other player that comes to mind apart from the obvious ones already mentioned is a former No 19 - A Davis. Talk about unpredictable. At about 6 ft and a bit over 13 stone he certainly knew how to run the lines. Saw him absolutely wreck Leigh Mathews at a centre bounce running through the centre at top pace just as Matthews was to take possession of the ball. After the contact H'thorn put Matthews in a forward pocket hoping he would recover but about 10 mins later took him off the ground and didn't return. He could certainly look after himself. Around this time I had a friend who played for C'wood and he told me how wary you had to be to get involved in a pack that included A Davis.

worked in a quarry, but was a country boy from sale...rocked up to the club with big bill stephenson.....played the whole of the 1965 grannie with a broken bone in his foot...his last game was the 66 grand final....one of our best ever ruckmen and just 6' tall.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
PJ
SS Life Member

Life Long Saint wrote:
PJ wrote:Of more recent times Stephen Powell. What was it he said to Lingy?
It was Guerra that laid the hit, though.
Nahh, Guerra wouldn't have stood a chance against Powelly in the ring face to face.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
avid
Club Player

My top scary list from first or second hand experience (ie I saw them play myself, or spoke with people who saw them)

Eric Guy
Carl Ditterich
Mad Dog Muir
Plugger Lockett
Cowboy Neale

Barry Pascoe
Barry Lawrence
Jimmy O'rea
Joffa Cunningham
Barry Hall

Wow Jones
Lazar Vidovic
Greg Burns
Mark Jackson
Kosi

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

There have been a heap.
All mentioned.
Rod keogh, Dean Greig, Lazar were all fearsome in the 90s.

What about the current crop? Simpkin probably the toughest youd think.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Robbie Muir
Greg Burns
Tony Lockett
Wow Jones
Stevie Baker

Ah, I've left out Robbie Mace. Was it just me, or did he and Muir look quite similar?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Sainternist wrote:Ah, I've left out Robbie Mace. Was it just me, or did he and Muir look quite similar?
Yes, they looked quite alike.

Every year we'd play Melbourne, and every time Mace would get 4 weeks for knocking out Alan Johnson.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

How about that time when Wow Jones decked Andrew Demetriou back in '87? Old Dimwit was seeing stars after that one.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
seano1
Club Player

I remember a few from Moorabbin...i reckon i saw Muirs eyes roll back like a sharks does when he went for Collins ,and Barry Lawrence.....did both ankles /calfs and was sent back to sit on Twiggy Dunne who was laughing at Barry as he approached..Barry said nothing just stood beside him and as the ump bounced the ball in the middle BANG went Barrys fist into Twiggys jaw lifting him off the ground he stay there for a minute or two rubbing his jaw shaking his head then slowily got up never said a word to Barry who was taken off not long after that and to this day i think i was the only one who saw it.

seano1
Club Player

1 Muir
2 ditto
3 Pascoes
4 Sarau
5Bakes

Bakes for a guy of his size was a pretty tough nut

stinger
Saintsational Legend

roo hit/punched phil davis in the guts at manuks eary in the 2013 season....behind play, off the ball........flattened him too.......now i don't know what davis did to rooy......but i'm guessing it wasn't nothing...not many saw it either...but i did...it was right in front of me......do i think badly of roo...or any less of him for his actions...no...but then i'm not from roo's home state....

...sorry bm...couldn't resist it......the last bit that is.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

did live there for about three years though......never really accepted after my folks left......called me a smart arse mainlander.......

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

I never saw Rob Muir play, but my old man says he was his favourite player back in the day, and he told me a story of a day at moorabbin that I'll relate to you that definitely corroborates the "white-line-fever" tag that has been attached to him...

I can't remember who we were playing, but apparently robby muir had a brilliant 2nd half and a brilliant last quarter when he just went bonkers, both killing it with the ball and belting the crap out of the opposition physically.
We won the game by a small margin and my old man ran onto the ground after the siren with the rest of the stkilda mob. He was a quick runner, my old man, and he ran straight to robby muir and got there before anyone else. He said something along the lines of "congratulations robby, fantastic game!" and went to shake his hand, but robby wasn't there. His eyes were wide open and he was virtually foaming at the mouth, to hear my old man tell it. He basically looked like a loosed, dangerous lunatic. He heard nothing my old man said and was just in a state of what is best described as "white-line-fever," a state similar to what a soldier experiences on the killing-fields.

What a gun. I wish we had more enforcers like that on our team nowadays. Hamill was good, while he lasted, and gehrig too, but they're a mere piss in the wind in comparison to the likes of muir and lockett

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Hammer Hamill liked a bit of trouble- I think his final knee injury which is still rated 4 weeks away was because he tried to remove a Geelong players vertebrae with it. I loved Steven Powell when he cracked the s***s and Baker never minded a fight.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Denise Collins! Or was it Joan?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
stinger
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:Denise Collins! Or was it Joan?
been replayed on tellie a million times...only trouble ....robbie reckons that his punch missed and that that bearded arse collins took a dive.....

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
been replayed on tellie a million times...only trouble ....robbie reckons that his punch missed and that that bearded arse collins took a dive.....
I was side onto it Stinger, standing probably no more than 30 yards away. Definitely was an air swing. Collins took the biggest dive of all time. If Robbie had connected, Collins would have left Moorabbin in an ambulance. He seemed to "recover" pretty quickly.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
stinger wrote:
I was side onto it Stinger, standing probably no more than 30 yards away. Definitely was an air swing. Collins took the biggest dive of all time. If Robbie had connected, Collins would have left Moorabbin in an ambulance. He seemed to "recover" pretty quickly.

i suppose he thought that the safest place for him would be on the ground....and robbie got weeks for it too....mongrel scummers....... :evil:

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
For those that haven't seen it,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fQ8D77F1rc

stinger
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:
stinger wrote:
For those that haven't seen it,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fQ8D77F1rc
thanx for that mate....last game of the season from memory...we won too...i remember watching the game live on commercial tv in a hotel room in hobart...........