ahmed saad decision will be today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: ahmed saad decision will be today

BackFromUSA wrote:I think that this will mean:

2014 out all together

Ineligible for draft periods in 2014 so will not get onto an AFL list.

Will be available to play VFL only in 2015 with firsat contact with his club on Feb 20 2015
So effectively he's most likely ended his AFL career and isn't a punter type for NFL options.

Could he go to Ireland and play Gaelic footy or is he banned from all types of professional sports?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

2014 out all together

Will be available to play VFL only in 2015 with firsat contact with his club on Feb 20 2015
So effectively he's most likely ended his AFL career and isn't a punter type for NFL options.

Could he go to Ireland and play Gaelic footy or is he banned from all types of professional sports?

Are you taking something at the moment?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Now that officially he has an 18 month suspension would The Saints be allowed to Rookie a suspended player ?
Interesting question, Bob.

The rules of the AFL tell us that a rookie has to be paid a certain amount

The rules of WADA tell us that any suspended athlete is NOT permitted to be paid by their club

I suspect that between the club and the AFL a decision will be made to NOT rookie Ahmed.

It's going to be difficult, but not impossible for him to come back from this. It's not as if he can't train (injured), it is that he cannot train with any club. If he (or some benefactor) were to hire a Personal Trainer to oversee his fitness for the next 14-15 months it just might be possible to resurrect his AFL career !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

2014 out all together

Are you trying to get a warning?

It's a legit question

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote:And not one single Essendon player has been brought to account. Typical.
yet

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I hope he comes back to us he's a very promising player and a great guy. 2015 rookie.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I hope he comes back to us he's a very promising player and a great guy. 2015 rookie.

If we need him late in 2015 we are in trouble. Maybe a great guy. No idea on that but an average footballer who will basically be out of the game for nearly to years once he gets fit. Hopefully our club have shown enough improvement that he isnt required.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote:And not one single Essendon player has been brought to account. Typical.

I don't seriously give a crap what anyone else thinks...but this is a sad reality. They chose to take those injections..ignorantly. Saad, was also ignorant...but here's the difference: One bloke doesn't duck and weave and cops 1 1/2yr ban...the others cop nothing! That's a serious indiscretion in any language.

I think Saad was rumored to have breached club rules here and there, and perhaps that's ultimately why he's getting the axe from the club (aka no rookie consideration). the bloke has a stack of talent and needs to pull his head in! Hopefully we can redraft him the following season.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:

I don't seriously give a crap what anyone else thinks...but this is a sad reality. They chose to take those injections..ignorantly. Saad, was also ignorant...but here's the difference: One bloke doesn't duck and weave and cops 1 1/2yr ban...the others cop nothing! That's a serious indiscretion in any language.

I think Saad was rumored to have breached club rules here and there, and perhaps that's ultimately why he's getting the axe from the club (aka no rookie consideration). the bloke has a stack of talent and needs to pull his head in! Hopefully we can redraft him the following season. He's got real talent and a scare to bring him back into line.
One tested positive and the others havent even been found guilty yet. ASADA will penalize them if the AFL dont if they believe they have broken the rules. Saad may still get 2 years yet but I think 18 months is a smart penalty. ASADA probably wont appeal and the player only misses one year of footy.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St. Luke wrote:

I think Saad was rumored to have breached club rules here and there, and perhaps that's ultimately why he's getting the axe from the club (aka no rookie consideration). the bloke has a stack of talent and needs to pull his head in! Hopefully we can redraft him the following season. He's got real talent and a scare to bring him back into line.
One tested positive and the others havent even been found guilty yet. ASADA will penalize them if the AFL dont if they believe they have broken the rules. Saad may still get 2 years yet but I think 18 months is a smart penalty. ASADA probably wont appeal and the player only misses one year of footy.

I actually agree with Plugger for once.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Are you trying to get a warning?

It's a legit question
How many professional Gaelic football teams are there?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Funny how they've been able to belt Saads issue through at lightning pace (which is the best outcome for Saad not having this hanging over his head for a further 12 months - and the club keeping him indefinitely suspended). But they are taking their time with Essendon which in turn would make it harder and harder to prove against a player you'd imagine?

Anyway, sad news for Saad. Hopefully it emphasizes with other players that you've got to be absolutely vigilant in regards to supplements etc

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Funny how they've been able to belt Saads issue through at lightning pace (which is the best outcome for Saad not having this hanging over his head for a further 12 months - and the club keeping him indefinitely suspended). But they are taking their time with Essendon which in turn would make it harder and harder to prove against a player you'd imagine?

Anyway, sad news for Saad. Hopefully it emphasizes with other players that you've got to be absolutely vigilant in regards to supplements etc

Its pretty obvious why. One tested positive. The others didnt. It wont matter how long they take. If they are guilty they will get a penalty and if not they wont.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St. Luke wrote:Funny how they've been able to belt Saads issue through at lightning pace (which is the best outcome for Saad not having this hanging over his head for a further 12 months - and the club keeping him indefinitely suspended). But they are taking their time with Essendon which in turn would make it harder and harder to prove against a player you'd imagine?

Its pretty obvious why. One tested positive. The others didnt. It wont matter how long they take. If they are guilty they will get a penalty and if not they wont.
It's best that WADA take their time over Essendon so the maximum penalty can be given with plenty of circumstantial evidence

stinger
Saintsational Legend

why is everybody so eager to give saad the benefit of the doubt.....he took the drink hoping...knowing...that it would give him a boost...hence, it was performance enhancing...and prohibited on game days........can't tell me someone didn't tell him he couldn't do that.....

....and i'm told that vfl players regularly do the same hoping to get a boost and hence a chance at the big league....saad played a lot of football with such guys......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Ahmed on ch7 tonight apparently

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Will be an incredible story if he makes it back... someone should make a doco on him.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Will be an incredible story if he makes it back... someone should make a doco on him.
Those Egyptians are a fairly talented lot remember.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
dragit wrote:Will be an incredible story if he makes it back... someone should make a doco on him.
Those Egyptians are a fairly talented lot remember.

I thought he was an Aussie.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

stinger wrote:why is everybody so eager to give saad the benefit of the doubt.....he took the drink hoping...knowing...that it would give him a boost...hence, it was performance enhancing...and prohibited on game days........can't tell me someone didn't tell him he couldn't do that.....

....and i'm told that vfl players regularly do the same hoping to get a boost and hence a chance at the big league....saad played a lot of football with such guys......

I would seriously doubt that he is the only young AFL player to have taken a drink of that nature. In fact, I know for a fact that he is not. He is however, unfortunately the one that got tested at exactly the wrong time. It is not meant to be "performance enhancing" in the way of steroids or Effendum type chemicals, it is an energy drink.......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!