shut up eddy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Re: shut up eddy

HANDOUTS???!!! EDDIE COMPLAINING ABOUT HANDOUTS FFS???

At least 75% of the filths membership sales are based on handouts - CENTRELINK handouts.

If that filthy clubs supporter base wasn't made up of Underemployed and Overbreeding filth scum, then we'd see how well He'd run the club.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Re: Peter Gordon makes heaps more sense

lloyd21 wrote:
markp wrote:
Megamaguire wrote:Heard Peter Gordon (Bulldogs pres) on the KB show and he completely blew Eddie's footy world-view and more importantly the afl world-view out of the water.
Peter Gordon is one of the smartest and most articulate people in football.

8-) Footy is an opinion business but comments mentioned above saying " stadium deals don't matter " are clueless in the extreme.
Stadium crowds Avg return significantly better

West Coast 40,000 lets use them as example they get 70% return from Ground receipts alone without even the " mines " sponsorship

This a fact is in their annual report.

Saints North Bulldogs have been screwed for a long time ,every extra $ coming thru "catering " at Etihad goes to" Essendon"

Hence why the Peter Gordon's viewpoint should be listened to :D
I recall at the time of the deal a very credible source close to collo said that he said words to the effect that if we sign the deal we're even dumber than we look.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We get terrible crowds at the G when we do play there.
Who do we play there as a home team? Melbourne, Richmond.
In 2009, as you like to bring up that example, we only played Melbourne at the 'G in round 22 as an away team. The game drew over 36,000 people...against the wooden spooner and a meaningless game. Our Qualifying and Prelim finals drew 84,000 (Collingwood) and 78,000 (Bulldogs). I know they're finals but it shows that we can draw good crowds for big games at the 'G.
In 2010 we played two H&A games at the 'G. One was a home game against Geelong on a cold and wet Friday night. We drew over 58,000. The other was against Collingwood on a Saturday afternoon. We drew over 81,000 (pity it was an away match).
The point is when we play big teams at the 'G we draw big crowds.
plugger66 wrote:And yes playing big clubs does make more money. We have 32 K members and Richmond have 60k members. We never got 40k and the Tigers still have won a final for many years.
plugger66 wrote:North get fractionally more money than us off the AFL. No where near 2 or 3 million a year which maybe the gap this year and North didnt even get close to playing finals and dont have a good draw as you call it. They do have more members than us though.
We averaged the same crowd numbers as North this year. So what does that tell you? They had a build up as a contender for the top 4. They were built up as a glamour side, yet only averaged 28,820. We averaged 28,840 (in 2009 it was 34,873 for the H&A and in 2010 it was 37,809). That is phenomenal given we went win-less for two long streaks. Ours will go up significantly once we start winning games
How long have North been receiving handouts? How long have we? Isn't this year the first time for us?

No idea why you are mentioning crowds with North as i said members. Anyway its not a great yardstick to be comparing us to North. And also dont get the reason that you are saying North have handouts for years. Doesnt change profit and Loss for one particular year. As for the crowds. yes we can get big crowds at the G when we are winning but we dont when we are losing and at the moment we are losing. Still doesnt change what the point I was making and that is I think there are better ways to spend money especially as we dont have much of it.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:No idea why you are mentioning crowds with North as i said members. Anyway its not a great yardstick to be comparing us to North. And also dont get the reason that you are saying North have handouts for years. Doesnt change profit and Loss for one particular year. As for the crowds. yes we can get big crowds at the G when we are winning but we dont when we are losing and at the moment we are losing. Still doesnt change what the point I was making and that is I think there are better ways to spend money especially as we dont have much of it.
No idea why you don't know why I am using North as the example. You did bring them up initially. Bigger crowds usually translates to more members. North's membership probably won't grow much more than it is now. Ours will.

Our three games at the 'G this season had crowds of 56,783 v Richmond, 28,751 v Melbourne and 52,184 v Richmond again. That's two games over 50k in a crap season.
Imagine what we'd get every week against Victorian teams!
70-80k v Collingwood and Essendon
60-70k v Carlton
50-60k v Richmond, Hawthorn and Geelong (more when we're winning).

The point is that if we weren't locked into our stadium deal then we wouldn't be a club that struggles financially.
So how we spend our money is our business and not the business of the president of a rival club that is gifted favourable draws and guaranteed blockbusters.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: So how we spend our money is our business and not the business of the president of a rival club that is gifted favourable draws and guaranteed blockbusters.

well said......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:No idea why you are mentioning crowds with North as i said members. Anyway its not a great yardstick to be comparing us to North. And also dont get the reason that you are saying North have handouts for years. Doesnt change profit and Loss for one particular year. As for the crowds. yes we can get big crowds at the G when we are winning but we dont when we are losing and at the moment we are losing. Still doesnt change what the point I was making and that is I think there are better ways to spend money especially as we dont have much of it.
No idea why you don't know why I am using North as the example. You did bring them up initially. Bigger crowds usually translates to more members. North's membership probably won't grow much more than it is now. Ours will.

Our three games at the 'G this season had crowds of 56,783 v Richmond, 28,751 v Melbourne and 52,184 v Richmond again. That's two games over 50k in a crap season.
Imagine what we'd get every week against Victorian teams!
70-80k v Collingwood and Essendon
60-70k v Carlton
50-60k v Richmond, Hawthorn and Geelong (more when we're winning).

The point is that if we weren't locked into our stadium deal then we wouldn't be a club that struggles financially.
So how we spend our money is our business and not the business of the president of a rival club that is gifted favourable draws and guaranteed blockbusters.

Firstly Eddie didnt name us as a team that is wasting money. Secondly it is up to us how we spend our money and thirdly as this forum is for opinions I think we could use the money better but of course I dont have the full facts but neither do most other people when discussing things. Still dont the North crowd thing. We made 2 GF's in a row and still didnt get 40k members but were getting many to games, where as north who didnt even make the 8 had 35K members.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://media.mytalk.com.au/3AW/AUDIO/26 ... sToday.mp3

right toward the end Terry Dillon- COO from the Saints refutes Pert's and Eddie's

the club itself is only putting in a 5 figure amount-approx the same as would be spent on a camp in Australia.
the trip was only firmly committed to 6 weeks ago when funding was secured... corporate, every person attending contributing personally as well.

club will post a loss BUt NOwhere near the amount floated in the media.- 2 very large amounts contribute to this-
will be announced within the next 2 weeks ......

amazingly the two radio persons doing the interview HAVE not seen the saints virgin video- obviosuly notn really up with what's going around- .....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:http://media.mytalk.com.au/3AW/AUDIO/26 ... sToday.mp3

right toward the end Terry Dillon- COO from the Saints refutes Pert's and Eddie's

the club itself is only putting in a 5 figure amount-approx the same as would be spent on a camp in Australia.
the trip was only firmly committed to 6 weeks ago when funding was secured... corporate, every person attending contributing personally as well.

club will post a loss BUt NOwhere near the amount floated in the media.- 2 very large amounts contribute to this-

amazingly the two radio persons doing the interview HAVE not seen the saints virgin video- obviosuly notn really up with what's going around- .....

Im not sure the Virgin videa in compulsary watching before interviewing the COO. certainly isnt amazing they havent see it. I havent seen it and I watch the Saints every week.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I'd love to see a calculation of comparative revenues:

What we have earned from our games at Etihad compared to the figure we would have made if our home games had been at the MCG over the past 12 years.

MY wild guess is that having our home games at Etihad rather then the MCG has cost us somewhere between 20 and 30 million dollars in the past dozen years, perhaps more.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

YOU have to have a crowd of at least 28,000 before you make a single dollar at Etihad. I'm sure clubs make a very tidy profit from a crowd like that at the MCG.
So, Eddy, Collingwood can play at Etihad and we'll play at the MCG. Let's see how much money YOU make by playing games at Etihad

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:YOU have to have a crowd of at least 28,000 before you make a single dollar at Etihad. I'm sure clubs make a very tidy profit from a crowd like that at the MCG.
So, Eddy, Collingwood can play at Etihad and we'll play at the MCG. Let's see how much money YOU make by playing games at Etihad

It all depends on the deals. Its not as simple as that. For a start if the pies played at Etihad then it would be reserved seating every game so there is more money. if we played at the G hardly anyone would reserve a seat where as many pies members do because of the huge crowds. The G deal isnt that good for the clubs with poor support. Geelong dwarfs all returns from grounds in Victoria. Yes they get better ruturns that us but we are getting a 8 million grant over 3 years to make up for the poor returns. Anyway where ever you play or whoever you play matters little with the number of members you have. We have 32k and they have 80k. Reckon thats 5 million difference even without reserved seats.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Peter Gordon makes heaps more sense

I recall at the time of the deal a very credible source close to collo said that he said words to the effect that if we sign the deal we're even dumber than we look.[/quote]
Who did the deal for us? Who was in charge then? I do recall at the time it was like we were held over a barrel.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Listened to the audio, but couldn't find the bit where he said it cost the club at least $200K, can anyone find it?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:

Listened to the audio, but couldn't find the bit where he said it cost the club at least $200K, can anyone find it?

I dont think he mentioned it. i couldnt find the bit about sponsers kicking in for this trip but refusing to give us the same money if we didnt take the trip.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:

I dont think he mentioned it. i couldnt find the bit about sponsers kicking in for this trip but refusing to give us the same money if we didnt take the trip.
Well here is a start…

The inaugural Virgin Australia Film Festival has launched! As the Official Airline Partner of the AFL, we invited clubs to create a short film based on the theme ‘Extra Mile’.

The winners will be decided entirely by you. The three clubs with the films which receive the most engagement on our Facebook page up until Grand Final Day will win flights for their team to the US for their altitude training.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:

Well here is a start…

The inaugural Virgin Australia Film Festival has launched! As the Official Airline Partner of the AFL, we invited clubs to create a short film based on the theme ‘Extra Mile’.

The winners will be decided entirely by you. The three clubs with the films which receive the most engagement on our Facebook page up until Grand Final Day will win flights for their team to the US for their altitude training.

Not a good start though. they sponsor the AFL. We got money off our sponsors.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Well here is a start…

The flights were free and donated for that purpose only….who was it again that complains that no one reads posts properly?
Facts are it didn't cost $200K, far from it…air fare saving would be $80K alone

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:

Well here is a start…

The flights were free and donated for that purpose only….who was it again that complains that no one reads posts properly?

Yes i know that and thats why I said only 200k. Not sure how you get 80k but maybe you can explain. The club said our sponsors chipped in money. I would question why they would only chip in money for a trip and not to help us get another coach.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes i know that and thats why I said only 200k. Not sure how you get 80k but maybe you can explain. The club said our sponsors chipped in money. I would question why they would only chip in money for a trip and not to help us get another coach.
How much do you think it costs to get 40-50 people to the states costs?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
bobmurray wrote:Is fat Ed president for life or will we wake up one day and find out he's quit or been voted out or the ultimate, been given the arse...

They've only won 2 flags since 1958, hardly the sign of a successful club onfield, where it counts most. :lol: :lol:
i liked it a whole lot better when they had won none since 1958.... :cry:
After Jolly's latest outburst, it would seem there is some disharmony at Filthwood. Their favourite son is turning out to be a lemon of a coach. They are expected to go on the slide. Could see an exodus of their star players in the next few years. Possibly a club about to enter the AFL wilderness. The return of the Colliwobbles imminent? Well, we can only hope that is the case.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

50*2000 = 100k in airfares Accomodation and meals = $200/night x 50 = $10,000 day x 14 = $140k

so about 250k for 50 people

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:

How much do you think it costs to get 40-50 people to the states costs?

No idea but wasnt the prize for 15 flights? I would think about $3000 a person.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:]

they got 33 free return flights

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.