Richo over the line ....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Richo over the line ....

howlinwolf wrote:I hope it didn't come down to what we could afford.
My concern, too. I'm still hoping for Choco, a known quantity with a proven record.

brewski
Club Player

Chocco is the only suitable candidate imho, he would be great for the development of our kids and also in the media, our club doesnt really have any personalities anymore from board to players, we are becoming boring.
I would love to see someone thats really passionate and bit out there, bit of fire and mongrel, which i think Williams has.
Richardson doesnt seem have any profile or seem very personable and i had to google him to remember who he even was.
Dont want untried coach in the redevelopment of the club, Chocco proven great developer of kids.
make it happen Saints!

We rebuilding lets make sure we dont get Watters mkII

Banned by the censors
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:We still won't know for sure until Monday.

TBH, I'm not very excited about the appointment of either of the two. Both are former Collingwood players. Enough said.

Why does that matter?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:

TBH, I'm not very excited about the appointment of either of the two. Both are former Collingwood players. Enough said.

Why does that matter?
It doesn't. Most people wouldn't even know Richo played for the Pies. He's hardly a favourite son.

Bono
Club Player

Despite my concerns over Allan Richardson, I have also heard on good authority that it is now his gig to lose.

saintnick12
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
SainterK wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:Will be happy if this is the case.
Don't have anything against Choco, just prefer Richardson.
Based on what, I don't know, just a preference.
This

...except for me, it's based on Williams being more of a gimmick IMO
Interesting opinion. Why?

I would have thought that a guy who has coached a team to an AFL Flag, and who had a sustained period at the top PLUS who has had good reviews as an assistant coach at several AFL clubs would have had at least some credibility?

Whether one thinks hew is the best person for the job is another matter, but to rate him as a gimmick???

Agree, I don't think its a gimmick factor. I've got nothing in particular against him that I can put my finger on. He's been around a long time and I've never really liked him. I'm sure I'll learn to like him a lot more if named saints coach ;)

I also don't think Richardson would be back in the ring unless he had an extremely good chance of getting it. To be passed over for the same job twice would not be good for the CV for an aspiring senior coach.
The suspense is killing me though.
As we know nothing really about the selection process we just have to trust the panel to make the right decision.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Id still like Choco
Sounds like Finey is running the show :-)

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

If it comes down to saving some bucks....the old "pay peanuts get monkeys" comes to mind

We just got rid of 1 unknown monkey who "presented" we'll

I'd back experience as long as Williams still has the fire

I also like he has some mongrel..... some of our players need it I reckon

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bono wrote:Despite my concerns over Allan Richardson, I have also heard on good authority that it is now his gig to lose.
Jaxons.... where are you......

“Yeah….nah””
saintnick12
Club Player

I was really pleased last time when Watters was chosen. Shows you what I know. ;) I would have liked Neeld also at the time but he was signed up to the dees job a day or two after Ross left. Both were a disaster as senior coaches yet at the time were clearly held as the two next best assistants in line. Unless we are involved in the process it's all just speculation.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:If it comes down to saving some bucks....the old "pay peanuts get monkeys" comes to mind

Nicky Dal on SEN was asked about it this arvo, he said he hopes the selection pleases the senior boys....

It will be what they need IMO, I think they're driving this change

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I reckon that we will all know sometime in the next 48 hours. Can anyone do a countdown clock? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Teflon wrote:If it comes down to saving some bucks....the old "pay peanuts get monkeys" comes to mind

Nicky Dal on SEN was asked about it this arvo, he said he hopes the selection pleases the senior boys....

It will be what they need IMO, I think they're driving this change
?

So they need Choco's experience - I agree

Senior boys on way out - look to the future . Williams is a developer would be good

“Yeah….nah””
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Eastern wrote:I reckon that we will all know sometime in the next 48 hours. Can anyone do a countdown clock? !!
Tick

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:

Why does that matter?
Because both have absolutely no background or affinity with the club whatsoever and I can't help but feel superstitious about any former Collingwood personel joining the club. Anyway, that is only coming from a one-eyed and nostalgic point of view.

But of course at the end of the day, it doesn't matter which club a coach has played for, just so long as their intentions are to help bring newfound success for the club.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Eastern wrote:I reckon that we will all know sometime in the next 48 hours. Can anyone do a countdown clock? !!
Tock

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I think he is more inclined to play senior guys, like he did at port, where he kept the senior guys there content...at the expense of kids.

That's why Primus had to come in, move on a Corne, no longer guarantee games to guys like Ebert...that was the criticism of him the last couple of years

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I think he is more inclined to play senior guys, like he did at port, where he kept the senior guys there content...at the expense of kids.

That's why Primus had to come in, move on a Corne, no longer guarantee games to guys like Ebert...that was the criticism of him the last couple of years
In fairness he'd won flags with them.... I can understand that

Don't think either candidate has nostalgic affinity with us and that's good

“Yeah….nah””
Sobraz
SS Life Member

If Richardson is hired, who will we be looking at in 2 years time once he is given the flick??

Perhaps Harvey will be ready by then??... Maybe Hayes can be fast tracked straight out of retirement??..

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I'm now feeling uncomfortable about getting another Mick Malthouse protege/understudy.
Seems like they all have mental scars and feel some need to prove themselves with a tough guy act.
AR might be an awesome Asst. Being the the top dog is very different and can bring out the worst in people if they aren't cut out for it.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote: That's why Primus had to come in, move on a Corne, no longer guarantee games to guys like Ebert...that was the criticism of him the last couple of years
Yeah, and that really worked well for them, didn't it...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
fingers wrote:

Why does that matter?
Because both have absolutely no background or affinity with the club whatsoever and I can't help but feel superstitious about any former Collingwood personel joining the club. Anyway, that is only coming from a one-eyed and nostalgic point of view.

But of course at the end of the day, it doesn't matter which club a coach has played for, just so long as their intentions are to help bring newfound success for the club.

can anyone name one..just one..filth person who has ever come to the saints and enhanched the place......just one name please....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
SainterK wrote: That's why Primus had to come in, move on a Corne, no longer guarantee games to guys like Ebert...that was the criticism of him the last couple of years
Yeah, and that really worked well for them, didn't it...
Yep, absolutely...

Primus gets zero credit for it, some of the kids he helped them secure, set them up beautifully

busso mick
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:I'm now feeling uncomfortable about getting another Mick Malthouse protege/understudy.
Seems like they all have mental scars and feel some need to prove themselves with a tough guy act.
AR might be an awesome Asst. Being the the top dog is very different and can bring out the worst in people if they aren't cut out for it.
To be fair Con AR never coached at Collingwood, he was development manager in 2006/07. Also when Malthouse joined Carlton last year he didn't hang around. I am quite comfortable in his appointment, like Hinkley he has done a fair apprenticeship and would suit our very young list.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:can anyone name one..just one..filth person who has ever come to the saints and enhanched the place......just one name please....
As far as I know, there are none, Sting.

Fingers crossed that if the one of the two in question are chosen to lead us, they will be the first.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!