Williams as Head coach and R. Harver as Senior Assistant.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Williams as Head coach and R. Harver as Senior Assistant

No, and no...

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Choco is the man for me!

Would be a good fit for the Saints, he has had time to reflect on his past experiences at three different clubs. He has won a flag and had lead a club through an era of success.
He is a little older than the others but is as passionate for the game as he ever was. That sort of drive is infectious and it wouldn't take long for him to get the place 'buzzing' again !

Just remember the golden rule in football - the first option is always the best !

I don't think Banger would return just for the Senior Assistant role it would rely on Choco agreeing to a succession plan... ?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Choco is the man for me!

Would be a good fit for the Saints, he has had time to reflect on his past experiences at three different clubs. He has won a flag and had lead a club through an era of success.
He is a little older than the others but is as passionate for the game as he ever was. That sort of drive is infectious and it wouldn't take long for him to get the place 'buzzing' again !

Just remember the golden rule in football - the first option is always the best !

I don't think Banger would return just for the Senior Assistant role it would rely on Choco agreeing to a succession plan... ?
and the filth wouldn't release him for that either.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
FQF
SS Life Member

What is with the AFL's obsession with young coaches? Seems in direct contradiction with the practices of most other professional sports' practices.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:What is with the AFL's obsession with young coaches? Seems in direct contradiction with the practices of most other professional sports' practices.
The trend started to creep into the AFL about 10 years ago when it become apparent Gen Y didn't respond so well to the fire and brimstone approach. Funnily enough it was one of the reasons Butters gave for sacking GT as the board of the time claimed they wanted to move with the times and find a coach that was in tune with Gen Y. Anyone remember that?

I think the success of Worsfold and Roos in 2005 and 2006 was one of the reasons for the collective salivation.

The "pay me, praise me" mentality is still rife with Gen Yers but as we have since learnt there is no substitute for experience and hence I suspect that is why the preferred model is a young head coach and an older experienced coach just off to the side as a mentor and also a provider of some stability when needed. I like the setup personally.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I think people are forgetting that OP is an Essendon supporting troll.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

just on Williams ... considering the big song and dance about Paul Roo's looking at Choco's coaching record against that of Roo's you would have to think Choco was the better credential coach ... thats not factoring in the fact Roo's had the leg up from the AFL in regards to being able to build a list with more $$ and Choco basically did the same with a Port team that was running on the smell of an oily rag ...

the more i look at it the more im thinking Choco could be the big steal for us ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:just on Williams ... considering the big song and dance about Paul Roo's looking at Choco's coaching record against that of Roo's you would have to think Choco was the better credential coach ... thats not factoring in the fact Roo's had the leg up from the AFL in regards to being able to build a list with more $$ and Choco basically did the same with a Port team that was running on the smell of an oily rag ...

the more i look at it the more im thinking Choco could be the big steal for us ...

i don't have any problems with the club selecting him on merit....just think that the selection process should not be tainted by any suggestion of a conflict of interest.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

Question is if Harvey gets interviewed and doesn't get the gig will he crack the sads like he did last time?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:Question is if Harvey gets interviewed and doesn't get the gig will he crack the sads like he did last time?
did he crack the sad though ??
Scott Watters asked him to stay on he chose not to ... lets look at it this way if you apply for a job you feel you are 100% ready for then they over look you for that job with the reasoning your experiance isnt up to standard as yet , when they employ a person with a slightly more experiance not a shed load more you gotta be a bit miffed .. Scott wanted Harves to stay apparently but considering how it is now reported Scott wasnt a very well liked guy by his assistants and players you cant really blame Harves for not wanting to play secondfiddle to the bloke who just took the job he was wanting .. at the same time he has thebiggest AFL club in the land offering him the same job where he will get another dimension of experiance and do his chances of securing a head coach job a big favour ...
since he has left the saints he hasnt once bagged the club he has attended club functions even addressing the boys before Roo and Dals 250th , he has been back at the club with his boy Conner as part of the future father son program ... that hardly speaks of a guy who "cracked the sad's"

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
spert
Saintsational Legend

A big part of interviews is how you sell yourself, how you address the criteria required, what you are going to bring to the position etc etc- if a panel isn't hearing that, then it's on to the next candidate. Maybe Watters did a great selling job on himself into the job, and Banger didn't last time? Still, regardless of the outcome of interviews, whoever is successful still has to turn gloss into reality..appears SW couldn't achieve that.

spot on
Club Player

I think the only way we could get havs back is to give him the head coaching job, or act every desperate to get him back as senior assistant. He sounds like his doing good work at the pies and I'm sure he would be getting paid more than we could offer. Would be great to see him back, with Lenny as assistant in 2015