Message to members 4/11

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Message to members 4/11

Hey ! I'm with the club on this one (responding to Dermie) For too long we've just "battened down the hatches, kept our heads down, and waited for the flak to dissipate" I for one was not happy to hear this guy giving us a serve over the course of our whole HISTORY, because of a decision that has effected a personal friend. Good on him for loyalty, but to mouth off the way he did, and not get a response in kind is (IMHO) bordering on PW! Good on Peter Summers, who has not once vilified Mr Watters. I hope we send out a message to the AFL world that we are NO LONGER everyone's property to mock or attack GO SAINTS! (to hell with the rest!)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote: you mean like Scott Watters and Laidley were best buddies or Simon Mcphee and Scott were best buddies ... ect ect honestly its funny how the best buddies line gets thrown around like its some kind of fact ... Pelch at one stage worked with Choco that doesnt make them best buddies , Pelch has worked with many footy people does that mean they are all his best buddies ??

don't put words in my mouth mate...i don't know anything about the relationships between watters and laidley or mcphee and watters...and from memory have never posted anything about those supposed relationships on this forum...what i do know a bit about is ethics and conflicts of interest......dealt with those matters all or most of my working life........

....there has been enough written about the relationship between pelchen and williams though.....a number of reporters and some in the know on this forum have posted that they are best buddies.......true or false..???..how the f*** would i know??????

...if they are best buddies, then pelchen has a conflict of interest chairing a panel to select our next coach, where williams is one of the supposed leading contenders....that's not too hard yo comprehend now is it??????

...we will forget for a moment that our very own deep throat, jaxons, has already declared that williams will be our next coach.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Hey ! I'm with the club on this one (responding to Dermie) For too long we've just "battened down the hatches, kept our heads down, and waited for the flak to dissipate" I for one was not happy to hear this guy giving us a serve over the course of our whole HISTORY, because of a decision that has effected a personal friend. Good on him for loyalty, but to mouth off the way he did, and not get a response in kind is (IMHO) bordering on PW! Good on Peter Summers, who has not once vilified Mr Watters. I hope we send out a message to the AFL world that we are NO LONGER everyone's property to mock or attack GO SAINTS! (to hell with the rest!)
yep....if he had said such things about the swans or one of their officials, he would already be facing a lawsuit and public humiliation.....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote: you mean like Scott Watters and Laidley were best buddies or Simon Mcphee and Scott were best buddies ... ect ect honestly its funny how the best buddies line gets thrown around like its some kind of fact ... Pelch at one stage worked with Choco that doesnt make them best buddies , Pelch has worked with many footy people does that mean they are all his best buddies ??

don't put words in my mouth mate...i don't know anything about the relationships between watters and laidley or mcphee and watters...and from memory have never posted anything about those supposed relationships on this forum...what i do know a bit about is ethics and conflicts of interest......dealt with those matters all or most of my working life........

....there has been enough written about the relationship between pelchen and williams though.....a number of reporters and some in the know on this forum have posted that they are best buddies.......true or false..???..how the f*** would i know??????

...if they are best buddies, then pelchen has a conflict of interest chairing a panel to select our next coach, where williams is one of the supposed leading contenders....that's not too hard yo comprehend now is it??????

...we will forget for a moment that our very own deep throat, jaxons, has already declared that williams will be our next coach.....
right so in effect the manager of the department doesnt get to sit ion on the interview process of his to be employed supervisor :roll: let me ask did Thommo excuse himself from the interview process when Harvey was being interviewed ???
nonsence Chris Pelchen is a professional who will choose the best candidatefor the job .. not just picking his mate (if that was the case wouldnt Choco got the job last time over Scotty ??? ) .. considering one of the major failings of the previous coach was the reporting relationship between him and Pelch how do you think the exclusion of Pelch from the interview panel is going to be a good thing ? its Pelches job to hire and fire within the footy department he is building the team yet you want to tie one arm behind his back by not letting him be part of the coaching process ... thank the lord you are not running the club

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
stinger wrote:

right so in effect the manager of the department doesnt get to sit ion on the interview process of his to be employed supervisor :roll: let me ask did Thommo excuse himself from the interview process when Harvey was being interviewed ???
nonsence Chris Pelchen is a professional who will choose the best candidatefor the job .. not just picking his mate (if that was the case wouldnt Choco got the job last time over Scotty ??? ) .. considering one of the major failings of the previous coach was the reporting relationship between him and Pelch how do you think the exclusion of Pelch from the interview panel is going to be a good thing ? its Pelches job to hire and fire within the footy department he is building the team yet you want to tie one arm behind his back by not letting him be part of the coaching process ... thank the lord you are not running the club
you don't need to get personal...i have been trying to be nice to you now for awhile......choco pulled out last time...or have you forgotten...

there is aclear conflict of interest imho....and nothing will change my mind...it's a charade...williams has the job it would appear...is he the best candidate.????.not in my view...but hey as you stated i'm not running the club and you don't know a f*** about ethics.it would appear....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
stinger wrote:
QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:I can't believe Dermie's comments were referred to. Why even give that rubbish any more oxygen?

Dermie is Dermie, let him have his little rant.
confirms who is pulling the stings...pelchan....has a conflict of interest imho being on the panel to select the new coach..chairman of the panel no less.....his best mate is a shoe in.... :roll:
Great, we may get something right!
Damned if you do damned if you don't!!! Howe many times have I read on here that we are spineless and let other clubs and the AFL walk all over us. Now we actually stand up and speak out and we shouldn't do that either??

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:I love the part where he says he will take on Dermie about his comments !
I keep reading about Dermott's comments but I missed them. What exactly did he say?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote: right so in effect the manager of the department doesnt get to sit ion on the interview process of his to be employed supervisor :roll: let me ask did Thommo excuse himself from the interview process when Harvey was being interviewed ???
you don't need to get personal...i have been trying to be nice to you now for awhile......choco pulled out last time...or have you forgotten...

there is aclear conflict of interest imho....and nothing will change my mind...it's a charade...williams has the job it would appear...is he the best candidate.????.not in my view...but hey as you stated i'm not running the club and you don't know a f*** about ethics.it would appear....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
where did i get personal ??
your right Choco pulled out last time , if he was "best buddies" with Pelch why would he do that ? i would have though he would have jumped at working with his "best buddy"
there is always some level of conflict of interest especially in footy circles as its a pretty small community in the grand scheme of things especially with former players making decisions on former teammates ect. but the fact remains they are all professionals , maybe you do not have the ability to put on your professional ethics cap on in this situation but i trust that Pelchen would be able to look past the so called "best mate" situation and put on his St Kilda cap on while looking at the future coach ...
on top of that it is a selection Panel so the future coach will need to convince the entire panel of interviewers that they are the best candidate .

i know about ethics in business but i also live in the real world , i personally have been in interviews with real life friends (not so called "its on the internet so it must be true" best buds) but each time i have put the friendship aside and handled it with profesionalism - its not too hard to do

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
stinger wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote: right so in effect the manager of the department doesnt get to sit ion on the interview process of his to be employed supervisor :roll: let me ask did Thommo excuse himself from the interview process when Harvey was being interviewed ???

where did i get personal ??
your right Choco pulled out last time , if he was "best buddies" with Pelch why would he do that ? i would have though he would have jumped at working with his "best buddy"
there is always some level of conflict of interest especially in footy circles as its a pretty small community in the grand scheme of things especially with former players making decisions on former teammates ect. but the fact remains they are all professionals , maybe you do not have the ability to put on your professional ethics cap on in this situation but i trust that Pelchen would be able to look past the so called "best mate" situation and put on his St Kilda cap on while looking at the future coach ...
on top of that it is a selection Panel so the future coach will need to convince the entire panel of interviewers that they are the best candidate .

i know about ethics in business but i also live in the real world , i personally have been in interviews with real life friends (not so called "its on the internet so it must be true" best buds) but each time i have put the friendship aside and handled it with profesionalism - its not too hard to do

we can agree to disagree.....i live in the real world too....where real conflicts of interest are not a rare occurrence......take it from me, or not....pelchen and williams are real life friends...

...this situation is no different to when butthead employed his best mate thomas as coach........pelchen will employ williams...of that i have no doubt......the rest is just dressing it up .......

....we will just have to wait and see..not only a question of professionalism........it's a bit like the question of justice.......has to be seen to be done.....

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I would prefer to have an "independent" Board Member - Thompson, head up the Committee. Pelchen, being head of football, should sit on the committee, but not head it up, as it brings in the "conflict of interest" comments, which could have some merit. I thought that the Board hires/fires the Coach, so it is best to have a Board member heading it up.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:I would prefer to have an "independent" Board Member - Thompson, head up the Committee. Pelchen, being head of football, should sit on the committee, but not head it up, as it brings in the "conflict of interest" comments, which could have some merit. I thought that the Board hires/fires the Coach, so it is best to have a Board member heading it up.

that would be a better setup.....since the club had previously given him the role in reviewing our current set up.......

saintly
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Hey ! I'm with the club on this one (responding to Dermie) For too long we've just "battened down the hatches, kept our heads down, and waited for the flak to dissipate" I for one was not happy to hear this guy giving us a serve over the course of our whole HISTORY, because of a decision that has effected a personal friend. Good on him for loyalty, but to mouth off the way he did, and not get a response in kind is (IMHO) bordering on PW! Good on Peter Summers, who has not once vilified Mr Watters. I hope we send out a message to the AFL world that we are NO LONGER everyone's property to mock or attack GO SAINTS! (to hell with the rest!)

I wish we had a like button on here!!!!!

as I agree with you,.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

stinger wrote:...this situation is no different to when butthead employed his best mate thomas as coach........pelchen will employ williams...of that i have no doubt......the rest is just dressing it up .......
Hi Phil,

You may well already know this, but there may yet be a hiccup in the 'cunning plan'. :shock:

According to Tony..., "Choco reportedly rejected our first offer. Leigh Tudor highly regarded."

(As you probably spotted, he alluded to that in a post on SS, but of course he can't be any more specific.) The Tudor thing was an 'interesting' addition I thought...

I'd lurvve to know when that 'first' offer was made. I really do hope that news of it offer leaks out. Embarrassing would not be the word... even better if it was pre the Watters sacking. After Summalovin' and Nutters' inept Friday presser, I can't see how they'd be able to spin that one to the baying media. :lol:

And from the outside looking in, premiership or not, I've never noticed anything about Choco that grabbed me about his coaching. Do-not-want-him. Problem is who else? Is Harves' ready? Is Harves' ever senior coach material? Is being promoted to right hand man to FIGJAM a recommendation? Any idea, coz I don't know. :?

The farce rolls on. (I bet you are not a shareholder in AVJ.) :lol:

Regards,

John. :)

PS: Phil, I really did think that your 'aid' thread was a great one. Certainly shocked your 'mate'. :lol: But be careful, remember that you have your carefully crafted 'reputation' to protect. :lol:

And no, for what little it's worth, I don't think that your 'friendly stalker' HarryM is you. I'm not sure that I've agreed with a single post yet, but I have enjoyed the humour in every one of them. :lol: Outta' interest, do you have any suspicions who he/she is? For mine, all I could offer is that he/she just has to be a regular Saintsationalist.

Oh well, another little mystery... we probably have a better chance of finding out something that Cuddles actually did wrong... and that's probably a buggar-all chance... :lol:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: