Why the Negativity ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Why the Negativity ?

I see this as just another example of the big cleanout and starting from scratch approach. Who knows what pissed the club off about Watters but now with all the fresh young players joining the club we now have the opportunity get a known Coach to steer the new kids in the right Direction..I see this as pro active not just crawling along..who gives a s*** what the media and other supporters say.
Let's just bite the bullet and support the club in it's move forward.

I have been one of the first to be critical of our position (aging stars with poor long term recruiting decisions) but didn't take long to realize the measures we take now must be drastic and harsh because that's what it will take to get back into the winning mix asap.
2 years...2 years. Mark my words.

sainters4eva
Club Player

Re: Why the Negativity ?

+1000. Couldn't agree more.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Yep, coach sacked, disarray, no money, internal turmoil, sky is falling, blah blah blah.
Seen it all before.
There's always next year.
Bring on round one.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

some of the reasons scotty pissed off the club...plenty more in the article

"St Kilda players who had achieved plenty under Ross Lyon felt he gave them no credit for their achievements in that time, as he attempted to rid the club of Lyon's tactics and legacy.

The whispering campaign became stronger as assistants, football managers and development coaches left the club.

Sources within St Kilda were telling the Herald Sun that they held Watters responsible for that exodus.

As the review board assessed Watters' hopes of staying on, they began asking pointed questions about Watters to key officials around the club.

Yes, he has issues, they conceded.

But can he get better?

Too many believed he did not have an upside as a coach.

His mixed messages also hurt him, as one day he said St Kilda was a juggernaut, then the next said they were in rebuilding mode.

If he did not get official warnings about his conduct and relationship with Chris Pelchen, he was warned in strong terms about his need to play nice."

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I couldn't care less about Watters the same as I didn't care less about Jezalenko, Jewell, Watson & Blight.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

why the negativity you ask?

Pelchan is a liar
Bains is a liar
Summers is a liar.

club in financial difficulties just pissed half a mill up against the wall.

This admin is a shambles. A disgrace. Completely full of crap.

Has been since Westaway and his rag tag bunch of no hopers took control from the Butters Admin.

Sick to the back teeth of this rabble.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:why the negativity you ask?

Pelchan is a liar
Bains is a liar
Summers is a liar.

Has been since Westaway and his rag tag bunch of no hopers took control from the Butters Admin.

What do you suggest Joff?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
joffaboy wrote:why the negativity you ask?

Pelchan is a liar
Bains is a liar
Summers is a liar.

What do you suggest Joff?

Butters was a disaster too. Apart from an extremely fetching neck beard he will only really be remembered for in fighting with Thommo and selling us into a world of hurt at Etihad with a cash stripping contract.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Surely you jest

You attack anyone who dares question management?

You defended the management structure .... Coach reporting to a Footy Manager and their plan

You defended the finances

You defended the coach.... He was sacked

You bagged anyone who mentioned a problem and scoffed.... Proclaiming we were flying

You must be being sarcastic?!

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

He was on a hiding to nothing !
after many years up the top , we've had to bit the bullet and rebuild . he's helped clear the decks but has also become a casualty !
from 2012 to 2015 we will have gone from the oldest list to one of the youngest .

In red white and black from 73
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Surely you jest

You defended the management structure .... Coach reporting to a Footy Manager and their plan

You bagged anyone who mentioned a problem and scoffed.... Proclaiming we were flying

Who are you responding to?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Who are you responding to?
Who? Me?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Who? Me?
who ARE you ?????? :P

ps see ya at the Sandbelt :)

kalsaint
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:I see this as just another example of the big cleanout and starting from scratch approach. Who knows what pissed the club off about Watters but now with all the fresh young players joining the club we now have the opportunity get a known Coach to steer the new kids in the right Direction..I see this as pro active not just crawling along..who gives a s*** what the media and other supporters say.

I have been one of the first to be critical of our position (aging stars with poor long term recruiting decisions) but didn't take long to realize the measures we take now must be drastic and harsh because that's what it will take to get back into the winning mix asap.

Yep I totally agree with any changes the Club may make on personnel and understand while I am interested in the reasons for sacking the senior coach I realise thi isn't going to be made public.

However, as a paying member I would like to understand what is going to change to bring forward the clubs position. We got a collation of off field initiatives spoke about at the 3.30pm communication today from the CEO. All good but what is going to change within in the footy department to meet the needed change? I am concerned because we don't seem to have another person in mind as coach (although this could be just media theatrics). I couldn't care less what the media feels about this as Tony Abott does in politics.

I will be interested to see what this constitutes within the Presidents or CEO's welcome message when they introduce the new senior coach appointment. So far we have a black hole with consequences. I would think the organisation now requires a plan that meets the clubs strategic need for improved performance on field. I wait with baited breath.

That's why there is negativity around.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I don't think anyone was saying we were flying most were pointing out the destructiveness of airing our dirty laundry. All the boat rocking probably contributed to the decision. If we weren't leaking blood through a million little cuts he might have seen out his contract.

People like you and Finey probably helped contribute to the decision of the board then use it as evidence of how right you were.

Trying to keep the club working in a consistent direction serves more purpose than spending every moment trying to find the cracks in the front. If you were spending time making suggestions of how we could work to a more coherent plan it would make you seem a lot more credible. Potting past decisions as the problems arise doesn't come across that well.

kalsaint
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:I see this as just another example of the big cleanout and starting from scratch approach. Who knows what pissed the club off about Watters but now with all the fresh young players joining the club we now have the opportunity get a known Coach to steer the new kids in the right Direction..I see this as pro active not just crawling along..who gives a s*** what the media and other supporters say.

Yep I totally agree with any changes the Club may make on personnel and understand while I am interested in the reasons for sacking the senior coach I realise thi isn't going to be made public.

However, as a paying member I would like to understand what is going to change to bring forward the clubs position. We got a collation of off field initiatives spoke about at the 3.30pm communication today from the CEO. All good but what is going to change within in the footy department to meet the needed change? I am concerned because we don't seem to have another person in mind as coach (although this could be just media theatrics). I couldn't care less what the media feels about this as Tony Abott does in politics.

I will be interested to see what this constitutes within the Presidents or CEO's welcome message when they introduce the new senior coach appointment. So far we have a black hole with consequences. I would think the organisation now requires a plan that meets the clubs strategic need for improved performance on field. I wait with baited breath.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote:

Tony Abbot??? wtf ? Tony isn't smart enough to worry about much at all but that's another issue.......we have a black hole alright...a massive black hole atm the whole club is a black hole that's why I think what is happening at the moment is a positive thing. We have recruited well , another season in the wilderness and we will be set for another push with a top coach.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
satchmo wrote:
Who? Me?
who ARE you ?????? :P

ps see ya at the Sandbelt :)
I'd rather see you both at Lucky Burgers. Friday night and a big flat Lucky Burger. I really miss them. Especially now, at a time like this...

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Unlike you, I wait for the facts. You told us you are bullied by facts so whatever you say is erroneous.

And you are a LIAR.

I never once defended the finances. I said I would analyse them once the books were published. Obviously you haven't the nous to do that so you lie.

You are a LIAR. I never proclaimed we were flying, I said there were problems however that the admin had stated that Watters would not be sacked. Like you they are liars

You are a LIAR. I never defended their structure of the football dept. I dont even know the structure.

You are a LIAR. I dont attack anyone who questions management. What a complete fabrication. I was attacked constantly on here for weeks for saying Westaways admin would financially break the Saints, and it has.

I told Simon today that I would call you out as a LIAR if you continued with your lies and deluded slander.

Well BigMart you are an absolute clueless liar who makes lies up. I attacked you and not others for having no facts. I told you to wait for the fact but you said you were bullied by facts.

You are a fraud and a liar. I will get banned for this post but so be it. Will not put up with an arrogant school teacher lying about me.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Pants on fire ?