Mark Fine

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mark Fine

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Yes it would appear she reported something that wasn't factual and/or misleading so who knows how she received the information on the Nisbett story, did she make it up, in any case it looks like she forgot to check if her information was accurate. Why would such an experienced journalist not check that her information was accurate, isn't that 1st year stuff.
i don't believe she has ever been right about chips...where's the flowering proof....there is none...just innuendo and character assassination...if i was chips i would sue the cow....

And he or Swan havent. What does that suggest to you?
The PR guy on SEN was talking about this recently, he said that it isn't considered a wise move because it can lose you the public opinion in your favour and actually keeps the issue in the public eye even longer. He said not many do it as it's pretty hard with journos anyway where it isn't easy to prove one way or the other. Her language is deliberately evoking the vibe that he is on drugs without the smoking gun "he's on drugs". She has stated it as "the club not happy" not "it's my opinion that he is..." linked in with suggestions that swan articles who there are rumours about etc. Mean spirited gossipy crap not a public service announcement or a cry to sort out his act before it's too late.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:

Fair to say now that robbo is chief footy writer the job has been devalued into head gossip columnist, but you tell us what most people think....

Im telling you what i think. Should i say what you think? Its a bit hard as i dont know your phone number to find out. Its going to rather boring on here if we all have to get each others opinions before we give our own. Robbo's style doesnt seem different to how he wrote 2 years ago but hey thats only my opinion. Everytime you have an opinion now I hope you say IMO afterwise the people without a brain may think its how everyone should think.
Oh given your post before I thought you posted on behalf of most people's thoughts...

Why would I do that. next time I will say IMO she isnt a gossip columinist. No i wont. i will write how i feel like writing and others can work it out themselves. You would think most people would understand its normally always our own opinion unless we say we heard this or that.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
stinger wrote:
Spinner wrote:At the end of the day - is what Mark Fine said been anything different to the rumblings of others and to what Caroline Wilson has detailed?

People may not like it, call it damaging. But if it's true - well responsibility falls with the club.

If that's what he believes and his sources stipulate - well great for him voicing. Reconciling with other media - doesn't sound like he was far off. I mean, the board basically deciding to sack SW (caro) the president confirming the issues between SW and CP (the president) the football review and maybe unrelated the CEO resigning.

Unless MF is downright lying - I'm fine with him calling out what he thinks or has insight into. Be upset for where the problem really lies. A little radio show "that apparently no one listens to similar to TFS" won't affect our membership to any significant degree to what our performances/incidents will do to ourselves.
has anyone here seen caro fine and jaxons in the same room together at the same time...?????..no????.....i thought as much.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Sorry Stinger, so what are you implying here?
not hard to work out......i'm sure caro and fine both visit this site and use nicks...just like you...or you could be either of them......or anyone else for that matter....and so could i....none of us know the true identity of most posters on this forum.....

..one guy for years claimed to be a former reserve grade footballer ...turns out he wasn't at all......another poster even denies who he really is...but we know don't we..... :wink: :wink: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

If you've done your best then I can only assume you drinking heavily again. Here in an effort to get you to answer my question that I have repeatedly asked and you have conveniently ignored I will answer your question.

I'm not sure if Wilson made stuff up or not on both players. If I read the articles you are referring to then I'll be able to filter what is fact and what is unsubstantiated fact with forensic precision. I assume Wilson has many different sources but if you are gossip colomnist and you are reporting on the issue of player behaviour then one of your sources could be a barman at the clubs they hang out at.

So can I now ask my question again? you stated that, "If she wasnt right about Fisher then i give up", I've ask, what was Wilson right about with regards to Fisher?

Firstly as much as you hate it she isnt a gossip colominist, she is head of footy writing for the age or what ever term they use. As for Fisher she was right in exactly what she said. read it again and tell me where she was wrong. And Cairnsman you need to stop with the heavy drinking term when you are struggling to win a debate. And the effort you made in answering the very basic question I asked was poor to say the least. 1 out of 10 and that was for spelling Fisher right. You have the final say on this as we are going around in circles. And the topic is Mark Fine anyway.

Fair to say now that robbo is chief footy writer the job has been devalued into head gossip columnist, but you tell us what most people think....[/quote]

even the afl ceo won't talk to robbo anymore...the reason...robbo talks crap ...in dimwit's humble opinion.....

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Could those still posting here perhaps consider starting another thread on, I don't know, whatever it is you are still opining on?

It's just that it pains me that we are 8 pages into a thread nominally dedicated to That Man. And it seems we sensibly left him behind about 5 pages ago.

In saying this I recognise that I just got us one post closer to 9 pages. Apologies. But enough! :shock:

Always loyal
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:Could those still posting here perhaps consider starting another thread on, I don't know, whatever it is you are still opining on?

It's just that it pains me that we are 8 pages into a thread nominally dedicated to That Man. And it seems we sensibly left him behind about 5 pages ago.

In saying this I recognise that I just got us one post closer to 9 pages. Apologies. But enough! :shock:

i'm still talking about fine.....you're not.... :roll:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Go Finey...this is funny :P

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote: So is every footy writer a gossip columinist or only those who are in charge of all the footy writers? Funny but i would have thought the Swan and Fisher article was about on field stuff. if not what do you mean on field matter?

Not all are.

And if you can't see the difference between the ones that aren't, and Caroline Wilson - then you're a deadset fool.

Another who get personal and wont answer simple questions. There a weird mob.
we are just trying to keep up with your slippery comments, like I have no doubt, but what leads you to have no doubt, common sense...and still you haven't given any reasons as to why you have no doubt. Full of crap is what I say.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

stinger wrote:not hard to work out......i'm sure caro and fine both visit this site and use nicks...just like you...or you could be either of them......or anyone else for that matter....and so could i....none of us know the true identity of most posters on this forum.....

..one guy for years claimed to be a former reserve grade footballer ...turns out he wasn't at all......another poster even denies who he really is...but we know don't we..... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Well I'm not really me, if that helps. I'm someone else entirely.....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Jeez Louise! Another thread about that sports radio shock jock. No doubt he would love every bit of this sort of publicity.

Come on, Saintsational. Lift your game!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

If you only knew what Finey knew......................

8856brother wrote:If you only knew what Finey knew......................
Yeah if only he had the balls

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Then again, if you knew Susie, like I know Susie :wink:

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Its going to rather boring on here if we all have to get each others opinions before we give our own.
And as if that would stop you :lol:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
jaxons wrote: Not one young player improved in 2013, except Steven and can someone tell me what our game style is at present?
What brand of footy do we stand for?
Players that improved in and through 2013:

1. Hickey
2. Steven
3. Ross
4. Lee
5. Geary
6. Newnes
7. Roberton
8. Gilbert (not young but back to his best)
9. Armitage
10. Webster
11. Murdoch
12. Wright
13. Saunders
14. Maister (huge improvement pre injury)
15. Minchington
16. Curren

There was improvement.

Our season was destroyed by injury to key personnel and inadequate depth in those positions - this particularly impacted our backline and we leaked goals.

Our game plan is not unlike those of other teams but with the team we had on the park with 6 to 10 young players each week was not experienced enough or fit enough (with one or two pre-seasons behind them) ... which is why we were competitive for a time but at the end of quarters and at the end of the match we were simply overrun.
So 16 players on our list improved their football and we were 3 wins from 20 rounds of football, 2 of those against GWS and Melbourne.
Interesting observation.
You say our game plan is not unlike most other teams, please tell me what that game plan is?
In your own words, what brand of footy do the Saints currently play?
Firstly - what I am saying is that these players have improved under Scott's coaching ... if they were fiorst year players - they improved as the season progressed, some older players improved too. so my criteria was which players had improved under Scoott's coaching ...

As for the game plan - Scott's focus has changed according to the personnel available but it is basically - a move it on quickly (which is why the players do so much more skills training now) into space (switch or corridor) and defensive accountability ... but the players were not executing the plan at all ... especially when they tired and made poor attacking decisions from the backline, lacked defensive accountability.

Our overall cause was not helped by being smashed in the ruck and clearances AND then being badly out muscled and out sized in our backline.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

All players on the way up the hill should improve with experience ....... How many don't is a better measure.....

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:All players on the way up the hill should improve with experience ....... How many don't is a better measure.....
Surely with a finite list number it doesn't matter which way you look at it for you would always come to the same conclusion

jaxons
Club Player

stinger wrote:
stinger wrote:
Spinner wrote:At the end of the day - is what Mark Fine said been anything different to the rumblings of others and to what Caroline Wilson has detailed?

People may not like it, call it damaging. But if it's true - well responsibility falls with the club.

If that's what he believes and his sources stipulate - well great for him voicing. Reconciling with other media - doesn't sound like he was far off. I mean, the board basically deciding to sack SW (caro) the president confirming the issues between SW and CP (the president) the football review and maybe unrelated the CEO resigning.

Unless MF is downright lying - I'm fine with him calling out what he thinks or has insight into. Be upset for where the problem really lies. A little radio show "that apparently no one listens to similar to TFS" won't affect our membership to any significant degree to what our performances/incidents will do to ourselves.
has anyone here seen caro fine and jaxons in the same room together at the same time...?????..no????.....i thought as much.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

not hard to work out......i'm sure caro and fine both visit this site and use nicks...just like you...or you could be either of them......or anyone else for that matter....and so could i....none of us know the true identity of most posters on this forum.....

..one guy for years claimed to be a former reserve grade footballer ...turns out he wasn't at all......another poster even denies who he really is...but we know don't we..... :wink: :wink: :wink:[/quote]

So your saying I am Caro or Finey?

jaxons
Club Player

stinger wrote:
jaxons wrote:

So your saying I am Caro or Finey?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Lets face it...

Anyone with a negative comment about StK is obviously a 'nut job' and completely wrong.... In three seasons we dropped 15 ladder positions...

Natural decline or an few mistakes??

The precious nature of replies suggests what we really think.... But don't want to hear...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Lets face it..

Critisism is warranted and encouraged of the STKFC.

Ignorant and small minded stupidities that are fact free just shows the person for what they are... a bit of a deluded dope who wont change their opinion when facts are presented.

Maybe not nut jobs, but embarrassingly sad...

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:Lets face it...

Anyone with a negative comment about StK is obviously a 'nut job' and completely wrong.... In three seasons we dropped 15 ladder positions...

The precious nature of replies suggests what we really think.... But don't want to hear...
Collingwood. 03 to 05. Only took them 2 seasons.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

If you only knew Finey.....

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Lets face it...

Perhaps someone, maybe Mr Fine or maybe Mr Mart, may like to take a stab at where our club would currently be placed had Ross Lyon not walked out on us.

Some seem keen to place the blame for the drop of 15 places squarely on Scott Watters.

But where would we have finished in 2012 & 2013 under Rossy, and what would be your prediction for 2014?

I mean it's the coach isn't it? Not the ageing list that had reached the end of an era in 2011.

Anyone?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: Lets face it...

Let's face it .....

The majority of forumites have a full understanding of St Kilda's situation but like the club have decided to forge ahead and move on ........

The precious nature of reply suggests one particular forumite cannot!!