Why do all these dudes suddenly want to come to the Saints?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Why do all these dudes suddenly want to come to the Sain

Heard another player suggest he would like to get to the Saints today, but without more delistings don't see how Maverick will get there

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I heard that too!

Another one wants in.

This just isn't adding up at all!

Although with the joint falling apart at the seams and players dying to leave, surely we'll free up a spot on the list pretty easily.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote: Although with the joint falling apart at the seams and players dying to leave, surely we'll free up a spot on the list pretty easily.
This!

lloyd21
Club Player

Why do all these dudes suddenly want to come to the Saints?

Have feeling Stkilda have been aggressively talking to a number of player managers advising lots of changes and they see us as a chance of continuing their career.
Would appear there will be list changes to club in the 2 weeks, reading between the lines even though players are contracted as Winmar situation last year.

class of 2010
Club Player

What I take out of all this is that Ahmed Saad won't be on the senior list next year, We were trying to trade out a contracted fringe player (what jaxons referred to as being only a slight chance of happening) and more cuts to come off the rookie list. Weller may be taken as a delisted free agent (senior list), Jolly (rookie list) and Saad may be rookied if his suspension is reduced to 6 months or 1 year. That would leave 3 spots on the senior list for drafting (Weller replacing Saad, fringe player gone) and 2 spots on the rookie list (Cat A-staley, shenton-out Cat B Ferg-out, Cat A Jolly-in)

oh when the saints
dragit
Saintsational Legend

class of 2010 wrote:What I take out of all this is that Ahmed Saad won't be on the senior list next year, We were trying to trade out a contracted fringe player (what jaxons referred to as being only a slight chance of happening) and more cuts to come off the rookie list. Weller may be taken as a delisted free agent (senior list), Jolly (rookie list) and Saad may be rookied if his suspension is reduced to 6 months or 1 year. That would leave 3 spots on the senior list for drafting (Weller replacing Saad, fringe player gone) and 2 spots on the rookie list (Cat A-staley, shenton-out Cat B Ferg-out, Cat A Jolly-in)
I think we need to de-list a player just to use 3 draft picks… if we grab Weller we'll need to de-list 2.

class of 2010
Club Player

dragit wrote:
class of 2010 wrote:What I take out of all this is that Ahmed Saad won't be on the senior list next year, We were trying to trade out a contracted fringe player (what jaxons referred to as being only a slight chance of happening) and more cuts to come off the rookie list. Weller may be taken as a delisted free agent (senior list), Jolly (rookie list) and Saad may be rookied if his suspension is reduced to 6 months or 1 year. That would leave 3 spots on the senior list for drafting (Weller replacing Saad, fringe player gone) and 2 spots on the rookie list (Cat A-staley, shenton-out Cat B Ferg-out, Cat A Jolly-in)
I think we need to de-list a player just to use 3 draft picks… if we grab Weller we'll need to de-list 2.
Sorry maybe I wasn't super clear, but perhaps the fringe player we were trying to trade out will now just be paid out

oh when the saints
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

It is because we have a salary cap that we have to pay and with the impending retirements or trades of older players that were being paid a squillion, it is party time again.