The Disgruntled Communicator

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Disgruntled Communicator

slider wrote:44

That's quite a few, isn't it? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

milney...nope....huchinson more likely.....crakers reckons he's a real dipstick...disliked by one and all...got his marching orders.....so may have turned on the club...but like everyone else not in the know,i'm only guessing.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:

milney...nope....huchinson more likely.....crakers reckons he's a real dipstick...disliked by one and all...got his marching orders.....so may have turned on the club...but like everyone else not in the know,i'm only guessing.....
Hutchy would do nothing to harm the club. He realises footy is a cruel business. He was well respected by players and staff.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Milney posts on SS?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Well back on topic. It seems we can rule out Hutchy, GT and Milney as sending the email so it still leaves someone from inside or outside the club who sent it. Maybe its best we dont mention anymore names.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It's even a little cryptic for me slider sorry, don't get it...

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Was it Colonel Mustard?

Scoop
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Well back on topic. It seems we can rule out Hutchy, GT and Milney as sending the email so it still leaves someone from inside or outside the club who sent it. Maybe its best we dont mention anymore names.
I think that is a good idea....

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Was it Colonel Mustard?
I think so... I saw him in the Library with a candlestick and an iPad.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

karnaby wrote:Mate, you can do whatever you like. I just think this is a wonderful example of how Chinese whispers work.

I also think it is being extremely unfair to two individuals who have now been bought into this purely on the basis of one guess and another's supposition.
Some innocent types, without malice, buy Chinese whispers and perpetuate the diversion from fact - that's part of the problem. Some nefarious buggers manipulate Chinese whispers, and the whisperers, embellish them, dress them up in pretty and seemingly plausible packages and present them as fact.

It's been going on for millenia. Very old society, China.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:As I've said, I generally steer clear of blind acceptance of anything put out there.

However, I am inclined to be more accepting of an article written by Wilson, since — whether people like it or not — she is a credible source, with known connections, and as far as I can tell, she gets it right more often than not.

The same cannot be said for an anonymous poster. The poster might also be correct, and Wilson might indeed be wrong, but in terms of presumptions, that's the way it stands.
Caro's sources on this matter include some posters at Bigfooty who have been carrying the Watters is Diablo line for about the same time as everywhere else. While Caro may have been seeking corroboration for info sourced from elsewhere, there is nothing in what she has written, or spoken, that indicates her information is any different from that propogated by the "Disgruntled" bugger(s) behind the email. Caro has been using the PM facility at Bigfooty to source the background to her stories, according to a Bigfooty moderator who PM'd me.

There's a couple of things to add here: 1) Without knowing, I'd guess the HS footy types have the info, but seem not to have run so hard with it and 2) The tone of Caro's 3rd article was well down on her 1st. Not sure why, but I think it's possible she may have come to learn she runs the risk of being left on the wrong side of the story, and may have been misled.

And, I still believe Summers et al are handling this the right way.

I posted what I did so people could understand there is some organisation behind the line being run about Watters. How much organisation is difficult to tell, but there is some and it has helped have the line accepted and perpetuated by a few with influence. And, the line itself is fundamentally malicious, poorly grounded, awfully embellished or flat out untrue. If most of what is being thrown around were true, Watters would never have come through the review.

As I said to the Doc on Satdee, "push back". People can believe what they like, but I reckon the board know more than anyone and have decided on what to do, and are doing it.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

ToT, I now know exactly the ppl you're talking about (I just wanted to point out that I know :). ) they also hit twitter with the same rubbish. Keep up the good fight mate.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:ToT, I now know exactly the ppl you're talking about (I just wanted to point out that I know :). ) they also hit twitter with the same rubbish. Keep up the good fight mate.
Yes, me Old Mate, Twitter became the resort when some of the more malicious and unfounded stuff was blocked at Bigfooty, for very good reason (and didn't they squawk when they were denied). People providing forums like BF and this one are subject to way more accountability for what is posted, than those who run joints like Twitter and Facebook - which is entirely a good thing.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
I think so... I saw him in the Library with a candlestick and an iPad.
Oh techno cluedo! The conservatory was always my personal favorite, and Miss Scarlett was a tramp

boneless23
Club Player

#11 has not been shy over the last few weeks to voice his concerns to anyone that will listen.

I have not seen the e-mail in question though.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:
FQF wrote:As I've said, I generally steer clear of blind acceptance of anything put out there.

However, I am inclined to be more accepting of an article written by Wilson, since — whether people like it or not — she is a credible source, with known connections, and as far as I can tell, she gets it right more often than not.

The same cannot be said for an anonymous poster. The poster might also be correct, and Wilson might indeed be wrong, but in terms of presumptions, that's the way it stands.
Caro's sources on this matter include some posters at Bigfooty who have been carrying the Watters is Diablo line for about the same time as everywhere else. While Caro may have been seeking corroboration for info sourced from elsewhere, there is nothing in what she has written, or spoken, that indicates her information is any different from that propogated by the "Disgruntled" bugger(s) behind the email. Caro has been using the PM facility at Bigfooty to source the background to her stories, according to a Bigfooty moderator who PM'd me.

There's a couple of things to add here: 1) Without knowing, I'd guess the HS footy types have the info, but seem not to have run so hard with it and 2) The tone of Caro's 3rd article was well down on her 1st. Not sure why, but I think it's possible she may have come to learn she runs the risk of being left on the wrong side of the story, and may have been misled.

I posted what I did so people could understand there is some organisation behind the line being run about Watters. How much organisation is difficult to tell, but there is some and it has helped have the line accepted and perpetuated by a few with influence. And, the line itself is fundamentally malicious, poorly grounded, awfully embellished or flat out untrue. If most of what is being thrown around were true, Watters would never have come through the review.

As I said to the Doc on Satdee, "push back". People can believe what they like, but I reckon the board know more than anyone and have decided on what to do, and are doing it.
TOT

If the ppl who are providing the fuel to ppl like Caro are still at the club and it is known who they are, are they going to get the arse because I just can't accept the white ants can continue such a negative influence ons the club, and all they could be doing is making Watters and pelchens job harder

I love this club
starsign
Club Player

More likely Parson Wind!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:

TOT

If the ppl who are providing the fuel to ppl like Caro are still at the club and it is known who they are, are they going to get the arse because I just can't accept the white ants can continue such a negative influence ons the club, and all they could be doing is making Watters and pelchens job harder
I believe the media department at the club is a point of interest.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:

Unfortunately the forum is where the journos go these days for an easy story. Finey was on the Melbourne Victory fansite reading out stuff like "if this ref was in Columbia he wouldn't make it out of the stadium" that's just where we are at with less journos and more information available instantly.