The Disgruntled Communicator

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FQF
SS Life Member

Re: The Disgruntled Communicator

Cairnsman wrote:
FQF wrote:
Cairnsman wrote: Absolutely. We should especially question posters that think Caroline Wilson was the only journalist to have the courage to write a tell-all about what's going on at the club based on information she read in the email TOT is referring to in his OP.

We should certainly question the veracity of the information Mark Fine was supplied which led to his reckless calls for Scott Watters to be sacked.
Are you referring to a previous post of mine regarding Caroline Wilson's article?
Nope!
Good.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
FQF wrote:
Are you referring to a previous post of mine regarding Caroline Wilson's article?
Nope!
Good.
Why good? And what did you think of those articles Wilson wrote this week?

FQF
SS Life Member

As I've said, I generally steer clear of blind acceptance of anything put out there.

However, I am inclined to be more accepting of an article written by Wilson, since — whether people like it or not — she is a credible source, with known connections, and as far as I can tell, she gets it right more often than not.

The same cannot be said for an anonymous poster. The poster might also be correct, and Wilson might indeed be wrong, but in terms of presumptions, that's the way it stands.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:As I've said, I generally steer clear of blind acceptance of anything put out there.

However, I am inclined to be more accepting of an article written by Wilson, since — whether people like it or not — she is a credible source, with known connections, and as far as I can tell, she gets it right more often than not.

The same cannot be said for an anonymous poster. The poster might also be correct, and Wilson might indeed be wrong, but in terms of presumptions, that's the way it stands.
Nicely put! So what did you think about Mark Fine's calls to "sack the coach" and the veracity of the information he broadcast during the same segment he was making that call?

FQF
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:
FQF wrote:As I've said, I generally steer clear of blind acceptance of anything put out there.

Nicely put! So what did you think about Mark Fine's calls to "sack the coach" and the veracity of the information he broadcast during the same segment he was making that call?
I have no regard for Mark Fine.

And especially none for his producer Tim Rosen.

FQF
SS Life Member

Just to expand on that.

I'm sure Fine has his sources as well, and is probably more privy to inside information than your average saintsational poster like me.

But I strongly feel that he constantly and frequently exploits whatever information he does have to serve his own purposes of getting people to talk about him, call in to his show, and generally to boost ratings.

I guess if you sifted through everything he broadcasted you'd find quite a lot of accurate information, but that task is so tedious you're better off ignoring him all together.

FQF
SS Life Member

I also think that while he claims to be a supporter of the club, and in fact, one of its most loyal, it is clear in my mind that Fine is a much more loyal supporter of Mark Fine and his wallet than he is of STKFC.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
Cairnsman wrote: Nicely put! So what did you think about Mark Fine's calls to "sack the coach" and the veracity of the information he broadcast during the same segment he was making that call?

Do you think Fine and Wilson were the only media reps to have the courage to go with their recent reports/broadcasts?

FQF
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:
FQF wrote:
Cairnsman wrote: Nicely put! So what did you think about Mark Fine's calls to "sack the coach" and the veracity of the information he broadcast during the same segment he was making that call?

Do you think Fine and Wilson were the only media reps to have the courage to go with their recent reports/broadcasts?
Not sure, I don't scour every news source. As far as I'm aware, there might have been a similar article in the Herald Sun.

What's with the 20 questions?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

FQF whilst I agree that Wilson has probably got it right more often than not and that Fine has broadcast a lot of accurate information over the journey, on this occasion it is looking like they got it horribly wrong which has motivated a backlash of which the full repercussions are yet to be felt.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
FQF wrote:
Not sure, I don't scour every news source. As far as I'm aware, there might have been a similar article in the Herald Sun.

What's with the 20 questions?
Sunday afternoon, red wine in one hand, keyboard in the other.

FQF
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:FQF whilst I agree that Wilson has probably got it right more often than not and that Fine has broadcast a lot of accurate information over the journey, on this occasion it is looking like they got it horribly wrong which has motivated a backlash of which the full repercussions are yet to be felt.
I sure hope you're right. Cheers to that.

linz
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
satchmo wrote: Funny how a guess turns into fact.
I would have thought that Grant happily put his name to any opinions that he had. Still it's a good excuse to hammer home any prejudices that we have. And in that case I blame Laidley!
Yeah, me too!

Well either him or a dingo :wink:
Or a Schoolgirl :wink:

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

If we had really serious problems, Wilson would have gone a lot harder, and other journos would have jumped on board in a really big way. I don't think she was sticking the boots in to the club as a whole, but was intimating that the coach needed to change his style and that there were communication issues that needed to be resolved. Probably close to the mark.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Does it really matter who the author of the email was? My guess would be that Summers/people at the club already know who it was and are dealing with it in a professional manner !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

THe only person who blew the whole thing seriously out of proportion was Mark Fine, and none of us should be surprised about that. There have probably been some disagreements between Pelchen and Watters, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Does it really matter who the author of the email was? My guess would be that Summers/people at the club already know who it was and are dealing with it in a professional manner !!
If it is confirmed that the email originated from within the club and that person is terminated, it begs the question, how does this reflect on Fine and Wilson?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:THe only person who blew the whole thing seriously out of proportion was Mark Fine, and none of us should be surprised about that. There have probably been some disagreements between Pelchen and Watters, but nothing out of the ordinary.

I'd be concerned if Pelchen & Watters DIDN'T disagree from time to time !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Austinnn
Club Player

8856brother wrote:
FQF wrote:
Austinnn wrote:Nup, it's still there. Mindblowing.
If a mind can be unblown, allow me to attempt to do so to yours.

I understand the mechanics of an acronym. My question was never regarding the meaning of TOT as an acronym. Similarly, I understand the meaning of "OP".

To state my question in clearer terms for the mind blown:

What is the identity of The Other Thommo?

For someone to anonymously post very significant inside information should always beg the question, who is the source that everyone here seems to have taken from granted?

Instead of assuming that a plague of naive acceptance has swept across this forum, I am rather giving the benefit of the doubt and assuming that this poster has a known identity that I do not know about.

Therefore, I ask again, who is TOT?
Oops. Who's the dumb ass now? :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the dumb ass is anyone trying to score cheap points. But I do feel a bit silly if that helps cement your 'victory'. As much for derailing the thread as for presuming FQF was as stupid as some others on this forum. Not an error I'll lose much sleep over though.

I'm not trying to deflect other posters from me being a dumb ass, but I'm leaving it there as I don't want to derail the thread any more than I already have, particularly as it is such an excellent one. At least I gave it a bump!

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Austinnn
Club Player

FQF wrote:Just to expand on that.

I'm sure Fine has his sources as well, and is probably more privy to inside information than your average saintsational poster like me.

But I strongly feel that he constantly and frequently exploits whatever information he does have to serve his own purposes of getting people to talk about him, call in to his show, and generally to boost ratings.

I guess if you sifted through everything he broadcasted you'd find quite a lot of accurate information, but that task is so tedious you're better off ignoring him all together.
All very valid points. Even a stopped clock tells the time twice a day.
My apologies again for being a dumbass.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
stinger
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Surprise surprise if true. The sooner his golden boys are gone the better. He has nothing but white anted the club since he got the ar$e
are you sure it's grant that they are talking about???

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Austinnn
Club Player

I seriously doubt it's Grant Thomas. I hope it isn't. My money is someone more on the inside. Someone with a vested interest in destabilising the club, it at least SW.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
stinger
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:I also think that while he claims to be a supporter of the club, and in fact, one of its most loyal, it is clear in my mind that Fine is a much more loyal supporter of Mark Fine and his wallet than he is of STKFC.
well said...to me he is a very self puffed up knob...full stop....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:I seriously doubt it's Grant Thomas. I hope it isn't. My money is someone more on the inside. Someone with a vested interest in destabilising the club, it at least SW.

How big is our Media-Communication Dept? !!

slider
Club Player