Fisher for Bruce Trade

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evo
Club Player

Re: Fisher for Bruce Trade

Hallalj#3 wrote:No not at all everyone has an opinion. I just think you've been wrong lately and I'm only calling you on it, because I don't rate your opinions and obviously the club think Hickey can take that mantle and I agree with them.. Time to let go of the past and look forward we have a plan and it's starting to take shape.
Think Pluggs has the s***s up after his and Bigmarts love child got traded. The footy club did not rate their opinions either..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

evo wrote:
Hallalj#3 wrote:No not at all everyone has an opinion. I just think you've been wrong lately and I'm only calling you on it, because I don't rate your opinions and obviously the club think Hickey can take that mantle and I agree with them.. Time to let go of the past and look forward we have a plan and it's starting to take shape.
Think Pluggs has the s***s up after his and Bigmarts love child got traded. The footy club did not rate their opinions either..

No the premiership team did. The team that has also got Gibson, Lake, Burgoyne and Gunston in the last few years. And yes Im upset Ben has gone because I rated him but unlike some I hope pick 18 and savage end up better for us than McEvoy would have.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
evo wrote:

No the premiership team did. The team that has also got Gibson, Lake, Burgoyne and Gunston in the last few years. And yes Im upset Ben has gone because I rated him but unlike some I hope pick 18 and savage end up better for us than McEvoy would have.

I'm not sure that is perfect logic. Just because they did some good trades doesn't mean they don't make mistakes. Big Mac is at least going to get on the park something they don't seem to be able to find in ruck men. I had started to lose patience with the big guy towards the end. His only really strong position was as a chop out across half back but he was immobile and slow if he didn't mark the ball.

The Hawks might be able to reinvent his game but we weren't getting good value from him in 2013. They are mortgaging the future on another reload but at least he is still young enough to improve dramatically. Hope he steps up because he seems a good guy.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
evo wrote:

Maybe we would of been thought of the same way in 2009, if not for straight kicking...
Dawson, Gardiner, King, Schneider, Dempster, Gram, Ray & even Milne...
It happens with more teams than you think....

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

girls please lets keep this on track.

For me i hope we get bruce for fisher and i hope that Gilbert is staying put.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
evo wrote:

I'm not sure that is perfect logic. Just because they did some good trades doesn't mean they don't make mistakes. Big Mac is at least going to get on the park something they don't seem to be able to find in ruck men. I had started to lose patience with the big guy towards the end. His only really strong position was as a chop out across half back but he was immobile and slow if he didn't mark the ball.

The Hawks might be able to reinvent his game but we weren't getting good value from him in 2013. They are mortgaging the future on another reload but at least he is still young enough to improve dramatically. Hope he steps up because he seems a good guy.

Its just as much logic as someone saying ive got the s***s because a love child got traded. matter of fact its much more logical. And who said they dont make mistakes. I pointed out that the premiership side rates him. It is very logical.

Hallalj#3
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Hallalj#3 wrote:Well you don't.. Hence why you've banged on about it all day. Why would you trade away your number 1 ruckmen.. Because he isn't our number 1 ruckmen. Wrong opinion. And you've been banging on all year about holding on to our champions. Wrong opinion and people that matter agree..

He was our number one ruckman in every game we played this year. Fact. You obviously have no idea between opinion and fact. I shouldnt have a go at you though because you really dont get it. By the way who are our champions we have gotten rid of? Wrong opinion. Now that is a strange thing to say. I think its time for bed. You have to get up for school tomorrow.
Haha stop shaking old man it's okay.. Get used to it players are going to leave more often.. Welcome to 2013

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Hallalj#3 wrote:Well you don't.. Hence why you've banged on about it all day. Why would you trade away your number 1 ruckmen.. Because he isn't our number 1 ruckmen. Wrong opinion. And you've been banging on all year about holding on to our champions. Wrong opinion and people that matter agree..

He was our number one ruckman in every game we played this year. Fact. You obviously have no idea between opinion and fact. I shouldnt have a go at you though because you really dont get it. By the way who are our champions we have gotten rid of? Wrong opinion. Now that is a strange thing to say. I think its time for bed. You have to get up for school tomorrow.
Haha stop shaking old man it's okay.. Get used to it players are going to leave more often.. Welcome to 2013

Stop shaking old man. What the hell does that even mean? Im sure you havent got a clue. As for your second statement that means even less in context to the discussion. Bed time little fella. Who are our champions we are getting rid of? We only have 2 in our side and they are both there next year.

lefty
Club Player

I don't know whats the obsession with getting rid of Dal for a 20ish pick? That's a terrible idea.

Fisher for Bruce seems ok, and probably a trade of a pick/downgrade I guess, unless we put in another player?

I saw on the news our Pick 23 will be exchanged for Hawthorns Pick 20, not sure what's that about?

Hallalj#3
Club Player

He was our number one ruckman in every game we played this year. Fact. You obviously have no idea between opinion and fact. I shouldnt have a go at you though because you really dont get it. By the way who are our champions we have gotten rid of? Wrong opinion. Now that is a strange thing to say. I think its time for bed. You have to get up for school tomorrow.[/quote]

Haha stop shaking old man it's okay.. Get used to it players are going to leave more often.. Welcome to 2013[/quote]

Stop shaking old man. What the hell does that even mean? Im sure you havent got a clue. As for your second statement that means even less in context to the discussion. Bed time little fella. Who are our champions we are getting rid of? We only have 2 in our side and they are both there next year.[/quote]

I've forgotten more about the game then you know and you continually show me that with the dribble you constantly post. You don't even remember half the crap you write.. You get worked up when someone challenges you.. Loser

Kickit
Club Player

lefty wrote:I don't know whats the obsession with getting rid of Dal for a 20ish pick? That's a terrible idea.

Fisher for Bruce seems ok, and probably a trade of a pick/downgrade I guess, unless we put in another player?

I saw on the news our Pick 23 will be exchanged for Hawthorns Pick 20, not sure what's that about?

Personally I've always rated Fisher as a better player than Dal Santo. He's been a favourite for years.
I can switch off the emotion and see the logic though

Rosco
Club Player

wonderful thread.

do we need to give up anything with fisher to get bruce? any whispers? bruce is younger, obviously, but they're chasing fisher rather than us bruce?

sax
Club Player

Fisher + 17 for Bruce + Giles

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:Fisher + 17 for Bruce + Giles
I wouldn't be surprised

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:
I've forgotten more about the game then you know and you continually show me that with the dribble you constantly post. You don't even remember half the crap you write.. You get worked up when someone challenges you.. Loser
Give it a rest will ya. Bloody hell. Another slanging match. Talk about the footy and leave the slanging crap out of it. So farkin tedious. Makes it unreadable.

sax
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised
It's got legs!
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/g ... 6737041475

And here!
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 6737589496

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
Bizarre.
So giles and macca are pretty much the same.
So after a few swings and roundabouts we lose macca and fisher and get giles savage and bruce and a better draft pick.
So we still keep pick 3 and 18 ?
Am i missing something ?

Out : Macca fisher pick 21
In: Bruce Savage Giles pick 18

If Pelchen pulls that off he truly is a genius.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised
It's got legs!

And here!
What made you suggest pick 17? Just your personal opinion? Cos personally I don't love it.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Would prefer to rookie a ruckman and put him in a glass case to smash in case of emergency to be honest.

I could throw a blanket over picks 8-20, therefore, lets take them to the draft unless we are upgrading, or unless someone crazy good comes up in discussion, of which, I haven't seen us linked to yet.

Imagine Aish/Kelly, Acres and Dumont - or Sheed, what if Crouch slid? Maybe the Pelch WAS after 4 first rounders this year after all :wink:

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Don't want giles

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Can we get Bruce in the PSD and keep our picks?

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Munga wrote:Can we get Bruce in the PSD and keep our picks?
Can't see why we'd do a number on GWS to be honest, we have a decent history with them and they will never deal with us when they decide one of Boyd or Patton has to be traded in 2015 :wink:

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

St Ick wrote:
Munga wrote:Can we get Bruce in the PSD and keep our picks?
Can't see why we'd do a number on GWS to be honest, we have a decent history with them and they will never deal with us when they decide one of Boyd or Patton has to be traded in 2015 :wink:
Very good point

Fortius Quo Fidelius
kimberly saint
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
Hallalj#3 wrote:
Give it a rest will ya. Bloody hell. Another slanging match. Talk about the footy and leave the slanging crap out of it. So farkin tedious. Makes it unreadable.
just like a tool pointing out sum one cant spell, or its to hot for day light savings in perth :roll: :roll: :roll: no one cares about sum soft c..k who cant handle the heat

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised
It's got legs!

And here!
I hope not. We are setting ourselves up for the future and not next year.

We sacrificed Ben for a long terms rebuild. Basically swapping Ben for Giles would be going sideways, and not upwards in the future.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....