Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Viking3
Club Player

Re: Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

Believe I'd be happy with that.
We need a big lump in the back half and like Savage. Enjoys running with the ball and good kick.
Would also be awesome to gazump Carlton on a deal!

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
noddy
Club Player

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-09/r ... dream-team

Meanwhile, Dilena said North's bid to manufacture a trade for St Kilda veteran Nick Dal Santo had become "a little bit of a stalemate".

"We've put forward our offer, which we think is a good offer. St Kilda's thinking about it and we'll know in due course (over) the next couple of weeks. It could drag out a little bit," he said.

Asked whether North was frustrated by the impasse, Dilena replied: "Not specifically. All negotiations can get frustrating (when) you can’t come to an agreement. But those things you work through. Hopefully they can make up their mind on what they want to do and we move forward."

The Kangaroos hosted the launch of the 'Gambling's not a game' youth program, run by the club's new official partner, the Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation. North Melbourne became the first AFL club to sign the Responsible Gambling Charter.

Also present was Ian Robson, the former Essendon CEO and current chief of A-League soccer club Melbourne Victory (a partner in the campaign), but he declined to speak to the media.

Image In Richo we trust.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Herald Sun reporting that Savage has nominated Carlton as preferred destination, who are willing to trade pick 28 which they received for Hampson.
However, St Kilda remain very interested in him and could pick him from Carlton's grasp with a superior trade offer.

No word on what that offer is, but I'd be surprised if they give up 21. Maybe looking at on trading pick 26 from North.
That would essentially mean, Dal Santo for Savage and Delaney.
Makes it interesting.
Screw the Blues.
It is these borderline ones where Seaford comes into play.
If we got Savage, Delaney, 3, 21 + Bruce in the PSD and lost Dal I think id be into it. Savage and Bruce are the perfect age for us.

Megamaguire
Club Player

I reckon North are trying to suck us in with media spin and we are resisting, I bet behind the scenes we have said a round 1 pick or he stays...maverick

Hope the club are of this opinion and working hard on other drafting strategies. North need an experienced player for finals ambitions more than St.Kilda need to loose Dal Santo from the midfield structures.

Keep burning the midnight oil Sainters. Nothing less than impressive recruiting thanx.

GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Herald Sun reporting that Savage has nominated Carlton as preferred destination, who are willing to trade pick 28 which they received for Hampson.
However, St Kilda remain very interested in him and could pick him from Carlton's grasp with a superior trade offer.

No word on what that offer is, but I'd be surprised if they give up 21. Maybe looking at on trading pick 26 from North.

I would do that in a heart beat if we could pull it off. Savage is under rated - he got about 30 disposals against us and a couple of goals a few years ago. Delaney is a what we need and improves our structure.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

I would do that in a heart beat if we could pull it off. Savage is under rated - he got about 30 disposals against us and a couple of goals a few years ago. Delaney is a what we need and improves our structure.

Seriously if we are pulling out games from a few years to say someone is underated then we are in trouble. Delaney is certainly someone we dont need if we get Bruce. No way should they get both in the one year. We have plently of time to get the backline right as we wont be challenging for a few years especially if we dont get mids. Im not sure Savage even really oplays to often at all in the midfield. I dont think he even did in the Box Hill GF

Jiminy Wagga
Club Player

Savage plays mid/fwd. he's the ideal player for us. Not sure what your concerns are to be honest . And if we get Bruce and he gets injured what happens then?

Plus recruiters do rely on past games to get a gauge of that particular player

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Seriously if we are pulling out games from a few years to say someone is underated then we are in trouble. Delaney is certainly someone we dont need if we get Bruce. No way should they get both in the one year. We have plently of time to get the backline right as we wont be challenging for a few years especially if we dont get mids. Im not sure Savage even really oplays to often at all in the midfield. I dont think he even did in the Box Hill GF

I haven't looked up his stats and that is the only game I can remember watching him and thinking wow. But he's a very solid player in other games I have seen. Hawks aren't keen on losing him and he will walk into all teams best 22 and play competitive footy. We get a guy with 8 years of footy left.

On mids we don't have a lack of them just quality ones.

We are only going to get 1 top ten pick unless a miracle happens so we have
Ross- potential very good player
Newnes- touted as a mid next year and potential very good player
Murdoch
Wright
Saunders
Minchington -could have runs in the middle
Curren
Lenny
Montagna
and Milera, TDL etc could all be developed.

I'm not sure someone at pick 60 is going to dislodge any of those guys.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Jiminy Wagga wrote:Savage plays mid/fwd. he's the ideal player for us. Not sure what your concerns are to be honest . And if we get Bruce and he gets injured what happens then?

I didnt say I didnt want Savage. I just suggesting a game from a few years ago to say he is a good player isnt that inspiring. He is an ok player IMO. And what happens if both Delaney and bruce get injured. You know what happens, we lose by 10 goals instead of 7. If we keep getting players from other clubs we are more likely to continue to get ordinary players. delaney is 24 years of age and still hasnt made it. I want to have 3 ot 4 picks in the draft so they we may fluke a Sam Fisher and yes of course we could get a Howard but we arent going to improve just getting players from other sides all the time. We need genuine mids not BP, fowards and 2 tall backs all in the one year.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

I haven't looked up his stats and that is the only game I can remember watching him and thinking wow. But he's a very solid player in other games I have seen. Hawks aren't keen on losing him and he will walk into all teams best 22 and play competitive footy. We get a guy with 8 years of footy left.

On mids we don't have a lack of them just quality ones.

We are only going to get 1 top ten pick unless a miracle happens so we have
Ross- potential very good player
Newnes- touted as a mid next year and potential very good player
Murdoch
Wright
Saunders
Minchington -could have runs in the middle
Curren
Lenny
Montagna
and Milera, TDL etc could all be developed.

I'm not sure someone at pick 60 is going to dislodge any of those guys.

Lets be serious here. TDL and Milera arent mids and no point in mentioning them. Minchington may eventually be a mid but he isnt even on our list yet let alone run through the midfield. Saunders isnt ready for the midfield and neither does Murdoch look close. Wright maybe ready next year as may Newnes. We are so short of mids in numbers and quality. Pick 60 may not get it done but have 2 FB with no mids will definately not get it donme.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

You keep saying we don't need both so who takes these two?

Swans: Tippett & Buddy/Reid/resting ruck
Pies: Cloke & Lynch
Carlton: Henderson & Casbolt/Kreuzer
Ess: Hurley & Bellchambers
Freo: Pav & Pods
Richmond: Riewoldt & Vickory

Both Gwilt & Simpkin are too small and Gilbert's too slight...

We need both for mine, so people can play the role they are supposed to.
Gwilt or Simpkin should be squeezed out....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

I dont care who gets them next year. We are going to lose everyone of those games anyway. We would get closer if we had a midfield that could break even or beat their midfield. Why would we chase 2 FB's now and then next year there could be 2 better ones available but we cant gor for them because we have 2 already. We need one FB now and as many mids as we can possibly get. Delaney maybe big but when did that mean he will stop big forwards. If only it was that easy. get one this year and see what happens next year. I'll give you the tip we are in no hurry. We arent improving until we get a very good midfield.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I dont care who gets them next year. We are going to lose everyone of those games anyway. We would get closer if we had a midfield that could break even or beat their midfield. Why would we chase 2 FB's now and then next year there could be 2 better ones available but we cant gor for them because we have 2 already. We need one FB now and as many mids as we can possibly get. Delaney maybe big but when did that mean he will stop big forwards. If only it was that easy. get one this year and see what happens next year. I'll give you the tip we are in no hurry. We arent improving until we get a very good midfield.
Getting Delaney doesn't stop us getting a midfield, it helps.
It moves blokes like Webster, Gilbert, Dempster and other taller flankers into where they should play and develops us properly.
Playing people out of position win or loss only hurts development.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:

Getting Delaney doesn't stop us getting a midfield, it helps.
It moves blokes like Webster, Gilbert, Dempster and other taller flankers into where they should play and develops us properly.
Playing people out of position win or loss only hurts development.

It stops us because there is another pick that we dont have. At this rate we will be using all our picks bar pick 3 on recycled players. I still dont get how getting delaney helps our midfield as the 3 you named cant play there.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

plugger66 wrote: I dont care who gets them next year. We are going to lose everyone of those games anyway. We would get closer if we had a midfield that could break even or beat their midfield. Why would we chase 2 FB's now and then next year there could be 2 better ones available but we cant gor for them because we have 2 already. We need one FB now and as many mids as we can possibly get. Delaney maybe big but when did that mean he will stop big forwards. If only it was that easy. get one this year and see what happens next year. I'll give you the tip we are in no hurry. We arent improving until we get a very good midfield.
You can't say don't get someone now because someone better COULD be around next year, that's nonsensical. On that basis you would never recruit anyone !!

And mids, yes we need mids, but they are far more available than key back men. And from what I've seen of Delaney against Jon Brown, he craps on any options we have for full back.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Munga
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Delaney is certainly someone we dont need if we get Bruce. No way should they get both in the one year. We have plently of time to get the backline right as we wont be challenging for a few years especially if we dont get mids. Im not sure Savage even really oplays to often at all in the midfield. I dont think he even did in the Box Hill GF
I'm with you there plugger. Get Bruce. We shouldn't be selling our soul for Delaney. Not sure I'd give up a rd2 pick for Savage, not exactly a midfield grunt leader.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
gringo
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I dont care who gets them next year. We are going to lose everyone of those games anyway. We would get closer if we had a midfield that could break even or beat their midfield. Why would we chase 2 FB's now and then next year there could be 2 better ones available but we cant gor for them because we have 2 already. We need one FB now and as many mids as we can possibly get. Delaney maybe big but when did that mean he will stop big forwards. If only it was that easy. get one this year and see what happens next year. I'll give you the tip we are in no hurry. We arent improving until we get a very good midfield.
You can't say don't get someone now because someone better COULD be around next year, that's nonsensical. On that basis you would never recruit anyone !!

And mids, yes we need mids, but they are far more available than key back men. And from what I've seen of Delaney against Jon Brown, he craps on any options we have for full back.

100% correct. We have not been able to find a big backman since Shannahan who left us in 1998. We paid overs for Penny who never quite got to where he should have.

We were reportedly going to run a second mortgage to get Brown from WCE as he was the only one available and Plugger says that Melbourne will never release Frawley so how do we get these two better ones next year?

Jiminy Wagga
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Jiminy Wagga wrote:Savage plays mid/fwd. he's the ideal player for us. Not sure what your concerns are to be honest . And if we get Bruce and he gets injured what happens then?

I didnt say I didnt want Savage. I just suggesting a game from a few years ago to say he is a good player isnt that inspiring. He is an ok player IMO. And what happens if both Delaney and bruce get injured. You know what happens, we lose by 10 goals instead of 7. If we keep getting players from other clubs we are more likely to continue to get ordinary players. delaney is 24 years of age and still hasnt made it. I want to have 3 ot 4 picks in the draft so they we may fluke a Sam Fisher and yes of course we could get a Howard but we arent going to improve just getting players from other sides all the time. We need genuine mids not BP, fowards and 2 tall backs all in the one year.
Savage would be a welcomed addition to our midfield and as you rightly pointed out we need more mids then savage would be an ideal target. We need to rotate at least 8-10 mids throughout a game. If we were to lose both Delaney and Bruce to injuries then that's just sheer bad luck. Delaney couldn't get a game due to the plethora of key backs at north. Not his fault .. We're not going to sell the farm to get him anyway.

Pinpointing the right players from opposition clubs has worked for a few of the top 4 teams so it's about our recruiters knowing who to select at the right price

Schillaci
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Makes it interesting.
Screw the Blues.
It is these borderline ones where Seaford comes into play.
If we got Savage, Delaney, 3, 21 + Bruce in the PSD and lost Dal I think id be into it. Savage and Bruce are the perfect age for us.
If we got Savage, Delaney, 3, 21 + Bruce in the PSD and lost Dal I'd be very happy. Keep our early picks, fill defensive hole and get Savage who I really rate. From what I've seen he can find the ball and use it well. Booming kick. Plays well against us as well...rising star nomination v saints in 2011 and 3 Brownlow votes v saints in 2013...rather he play well for us. NZ born so there's a Kiwi connection/ omen as well.
I don't really want to see Dal leave but moving forward I believe this would be a win/win for all parties...plus we screw the Blue Scum...icing on the cake.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I have a funny feeling Delaney might end up being better than Bruce!

#1 Ryder fan
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:I have a funny feeling Delaney might end up being better than Bruce!
What if they are both GOP's at best :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Hallalj#3
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:I have a funny feeling Delaney might end up being better than Bruce!
What if they are both GOP's at best :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Better then just going with what we have now. Sink or Swim

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Id really like Savage, Bruce, Delaney , 3, 21.

If we get 3 and 21 right and 2/3 of those three guys are good thats 4 new good players.

just need another 2 in 2014 + markworth and white to come on and we are back in the finals in 3 years!

kimberly saint
Club Player

Munga wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Delaney is certainly someone we dont need if we get Bruce. No way should they get both in the one year. We have plently of time to get the backline right as we wont be challenging for a few years especially if we dont get mids. Im not sure Savage even really oplays to often at all in the midfield. I dont think he even did in the Box Hill GF
I'm with you there plugger. Get Bruce. We shouldn't be selling our soul for Delaney. Not sure I'd give up a rd2 pick for Savage, not exactly a midfield grunt leader.

can we score dealany in pre season draft ??? maybe delist TLD or sum one else

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:

So we chase 2 this year? We have 3 to 4 years before another FB is important. Its only a guess but I reckon there will be one available in that time. maybe we could even draft one. Some clubs do that.

Why do we need 2 for next year. i could argue it is even more nonsensical to get rid of Dal and replace him with a FB. i may not know a lot about the game but the greatest FB ever would struggle with a poor midfield and our midfield is getting worse by the year even allowing for improvement of younger players.