Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

borderbarry wrote:2 points . We would definitely get better than 26 if Dal taken as un-contracted. End of first round at worse, which would be pick 18 at this stage. I doubt if we would get pick 4, but maybe middle of first round, pick 10.
And is'nt Fisher being offered to GWS for their player
Barry, I don't think there can be compensation picks whacked in the middle of a round

They either follow your pick or come at the end of the round.

Draft picks will be allocated to one of five places:

• 1st round
• end of 1st round
• 2nd round
• end of 2nd round
• 3rd round

It has been suggested that the second round is about the best we could hope for.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

bergholt wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:If its for pick 21 I'll poop my pants.

Knowing Pelchen its probably 21 for Bruce + 38.
I reckon you might just be right, Con. Though their pick is officially 35 at the moment. If Bruce is as good as a lot of people seem to think then he's definitely worth a second round pick.

So that would leave us with 3, 35, 37, 55 and Bruce. If we then lose Dal for Delaney and 26 (which I tend to think is a mistake, may as well use FA) then we'd have:

3, 26, 35, 37, 55; with Bruce and Delaney; without Dal Santo

So effectively that would be Dal Santo and 21 for Bruce, Delaney, 26 and 35. If we rate the two big guys then that seems a reasonable deal overall. Not amazing, but OK. Enables us to lock some things in early in the trade period so we don't run the risk of getting shafted like last year.

Then we'd have four spots on the list so would aim to use the four picks inside 40. Though I think I'd rather swap TDL for whoever we would pick at 55, all else being equal.
What if we're trading Fisher for Bruce?

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:We would definitely get better than 26 if Dal taken as un-contracted. End of first round at worse, which would be pick 18 at this stage. I doubt if we would get pick 4, but maybe middle of first round, pick 10.
I don't think "middle of first round" is a thing in free agency. The only options are: a pick directly after your pick in that round, or a pick at the end of the round. So for us that would be:

first round (pick 4)
end of first round (pick 19)
second round (pick 22)
end of second round (pick 35)
third round (pick 38)

Most likely for Dal it would be pick 22 which is not miles from pick 26, maybe pick 19 at a pinch but the club will know whether or not that's likely.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:What if we're trading Fisher for Bruce?
If that's the plan then I doubt the deal will be done as early as tomorrow - a lot more variables in a two-player deal.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

North's offer is fair, they are correct.

And their in lies the problem- it's fair.

They really need Dal.

They know he's as durable as, and class doesn't vanish overnight.

They are desperate to fix their mess of recruiting all the same kind of grunt type mids.

With that in mind- they can and will pay over "fair" if we push them.

I say, give them 1 week to come up with a better pick and Delaney or we resign Dal and be on our way.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

duckduckduckgoose wrote:North's offer is fair, they are correct.

They really need Dal.

They are desperate to fix their mess of recruiting all the same kind of grunt type mids.

I say, give them 1 week to come up with a better pick and Delaney or we resign Dal and be on our way.
I agree

Push north into a corner and belt the suitcase out of them

Sick of this Scott punce acting like he'd doing us a favour - cough up bullfrog

“Yeah….nah””
Gershwin
Club Player

They really need Dal.

Sounds like you have a plan there dddg. Do you have a pick that would meet your plan? 22, 20, 18, 16 ?

summertime and the living is easy ........
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

If we take Delaney and 26 for Dal and the rumored Bruce and 35 for Fisher and 21 goes through, neither of which I think are bad deals, Would we then on trade a 3rd rounder to Freo for Viv Minchie? Are we still into Savage? Would the Hawks take 35 for him? Could we convince North to chuck in Greenwood with Delaney and 26? There is still 2 and a half weeks in Trade Week to go. Are we in danger of over correcting due to missing out on Brown last year because we ran out of time?

Lot of questions that need answering. Some probably wont. However looking at the footage posted of Delaney I am more encouraged about his ability to hold down a spot in our backline. Based on that he is hardly the worthless hack that some on here perceive. I wouldn't be thrilled to see Dal go but he at the wrong end of his 20's and may have 3-4 years left at absolute best and that's providing his body stays right. With Delaney at 24 we could have a full back for 6 years minimum. A position I don't think we've properly filled since Max fell out of favor with Lyon in 08-09.

I'll be very interested to see what shakes out in the next couple of days

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

suss wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
suss wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/d ... 2v6ey.html

Apparently we are trying to get Mullet from North too. Thank God for that - I thought we where just after guys I'd never heard of before, not household names like Mullet.
Hmmm. Story sounds a bit fishy.
We gotta get Bugg first. Whack him on a hook ... then get Mullet.
But who is going to pull him in if we loose the Fisher Man :wink:

Before Im 85
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I'm waiting for the club to get "aggressive".... As they said they would be all year.

Seem to be giving away stars and going after second tier players. Talk is cheap, it's time we started delivering some real names. It's not over yet, but our hopes of possibly having a fast turn around look to be a pipe dream

Bring back the Lockett era
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Agree do the deal on Bruce - hopefully a swap for fish...and then hold north off. Whilst the deal is fair they need to pay overs. We're happy to keep dal or move him to FA

#1 Ryder fan
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:I'm waiting for the club to get "aggressive".... As they said they would be all year.

Seem to be giving away stars and going after second tier players. Talk is cheap, it's time we started delivering some real names. It's not over yet, but our hopes of possibly having a fast turn around look to be a pipe dream

the timing of our internal disruptions doesn't do anything to help either....why can't they just suck it down and present a united front....and how bloody long do these football dept reviews take???

Nee!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:
jonesy wrote:I'm waiting for the club to get "aggressive".... As they said they would be all year.

the timing of our internal disruptions doesn't do anything to help either....why can't they just suck it down and present a united front....and how bloody long do these football dept reviews take???
When have they not presented a united front?
How united were the Hawks when they appointed Clarkson?
Happens all the time, just this time we had a disgruntled employee and an ever willing shock jock that gave the story air....

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

They really need Dal.

NORTH HAVE NOT MADE AN OFFICIAL OFFER. They are saying they have. The lazy footy journos have swallowed this but, THEY HAVE NOT MADE AN OFFICIAL OFFER !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:

They really need Dal.

I agree

Push north into a corner and belt the suitcase out of them

Sick of this Scott punce acting like he'd doing us a favour - cough up bullfrog
I agree.

Bend them over as they have made it obvious they need him, not just want. They believe he compliments them big time.

That or we keep Dal and we get a quality mid/hbf for the next 4 years.

Up to them really.

Kickit
Club Player

In trading sometimes aggressive means keeping your cool, putting on your poker face and waiting.
If you want Old Kent road you don't just jump up and give them Mayfair.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Supporters may hope for a quick turn around but the club's plan is to build again & do it right this time.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
fugazi wrote:

Happens all the time, just this time we had a disgruntled employee and an ever willing shock jock that gave the story air....
You reckon it looks united now?

How about the review that took place should have started in round 18 and finished by prelim final week....thats 6-7 weeks for a review, plenty of time.

Announce either a coaching extension, or a vacant coaching position...one way or another.

Keep the board together until after the trade period....honestly is it that hard?

Nee!
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

fugazi wrote:How about the review that took place should have started in round 18 and finished by prelim final week....thats 6-7 weeks for a review, plenty of time.
If the review was initiated by the new President then he wasn't in place then.

Not ideal timing doing it now, but better late than never.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:

Supporters may hope for a quick turn around but the club's plan is to build again & do it right this time.

Are we going to be the Wellington Saints by then though...

I am not demanding a fast turn around,although it would be nice,I'm realistic it will take 3-4 years if we do it right. However when we talked about how we had a lot of room to move on the cap this year and the term 'aggressive' was repeatedly put out there, I expect us to be aggressive, not chasing bit part players. Of course it's only early in trade week though,and we could come out and go bang bang bang later in the piece,lets hope so. With our massive holes in our list,relying on our first round pick to get us back up the ladder sometime this millennium will see us in Wellington

Bring back the Lockett era
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Dragit and Bergholt. If there is no middle of first round picks, explain how GWS have pick 9 then!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:
maverick wrote:
fugazi wrote:

You reckon it looks united now?

How about the review that took place should have started in round 18 and finished by prelim final week....thats 6-7 weeks for a review, plenty of time.

Announce either a coaching extension, or a vacant coaching position...one way or another.

Keep the board together until after the trade period....honestly is it that hard?
Yep i honestly do.
Why do they need to announce a contract extension or sack him, he has a contract.
The rest is media talk.

Have we put up big names for trade in the prime of their career, or lost a key free agent i.e. Pies...no...
Have we a group of youngsters leaving the club, ie brissy....no
What has anyone done wrong?

I reckon North are trying to suck us in with media spin and we are resisting, I bet behind the scenes we have said a round 1 pick or he stays...

Kickit
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:Dragit and Bergholt. If there is no middle of first round picks, explain how GWS have pick 9 then!
GWS have a compensation pick for losing a player to a startup team. ( I assume that they got it as part of a trade deal ).
It is a totally different system to the free agency system.
It is not applicable to or compareable to the free agency system.
The free agency system does not have "mid" first round and does not have picks that can be carried over for another season.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Dragit and Bergholt. If there is no middle of first round picks, explain how GWS have pick 9 then!
Geelong mid 1st round compensation pick for the loss of Ablett via Gold Coast as part of the Jaeger O'Meara deal.

As stated above, free agency compensation vs loss of uncontracted player compensation is different.

FQF
SS Life Member

Herald Sun reporting that Savage has nominated Carlton as preferred destination, who are willing to trade pick 28 which they received for Hampson.
However, St Kilda remain very interested in him and could pick him from Carlton's grasp with a superior trade offer.

No word on what that offer is, but I'd be surprised if they give up 21. Maybe looking at on trading pick 26 from North.
That would essentially mean, Dal Santo for Savage and Delaney.