Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FQF
SS Life Member

Re: Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

noddy wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z2h2f5aBb4

Greater Western Sydney has asked for pick 21 for defender Josh Bruce, a former zone player who is out of contract after playing 14 games in two years. Sam Fisher has been linked with the Giants, but their current priority is Collingwood defender Heath Shaw.
21 is preposterous.

noddy
Club Player

FQF wrote:
noddy wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z2h2f5aBb4

Greater Western Sydney has asked for pick 21 for defender Josh Bruce, a former zone player who is out of contract after playing 14 games in two years. Sam Fisher has been linked with the Giants, but their current priority is Collingwood defender Heath Shaw.
21 is preposterous.
We've got three whole weeks left to play hard to get. GWS are probably hoping Fisher gets worked into the negotiations at some point.

Image In Richo we trust.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

21 is out of the question.
This bruce dude has played what 9 games in two years ?
Fisher plus 40 is fair.
Or fisher plus macca for bruce and bugg.
Then we keep 3 plus 21

avid
Club Player

now that north have used their pick 8 on father+son, they have nothing to offer us.
TAKE DAL OFF THE TABLE!
Well be a better team with dal for three more years, and whoever we draft with 3 and 21.
(unless we can get sam reid -- he might be finding CHF at the SCG a little crowded right now.)

noddy
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:21 is out of the question.
This bruce dude has played what 9 games in two years ?
Fisher plus 40 is fair.
Or fisher plus macca for bruce and bugg.
Then we keep 3 plus 21
Yeah, especially considering Bruce is out of contract and has nominated us. Finally we're in the hot seat for once.

Image In Richo we trust.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Hawks have put Brad Sewell up for trade, if they can find the right deal.
We aren't mentioned. He's 29, a bit old maybe, but still a useful midfielder.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Pick 21 is a joke. Not a very good one at that.

With Scott transparently hoping they can get Dal for Delaney and now this clubs obviously still think they can bend us over. It's up to Pelican and co to show them they can't

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:Pick 21 is a joke. Not a very good one at that.

With Scott transparently hoping they can get Dal for Delaney and now this clubs obviously still think they can bend us over. It's up to Pelican and co to show them they can't

BANG BANG
I have this awful feeling we will get bent over and seriously spanked as well. I really hope the club is not going to consider any of these ridiculous trades being put up by Norf and gws

I love this club
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

we are def chasing an outside mid. dont know who at this stage

#1 Ryder fan
starsign
Club Player

Former Kangaroo Luke Delaney wants to join the Saints, with the two clubs opening discussions on a deal. This could involve a trade for Dal Santo.
''Luke's nominated St Kilda as his club of choice. Now again, St Kilda have got to come forward and basically put a deal to us,'' Scott said. ''We're really keen to help Luke get to his club of choice. We really rate him as a person so we'd like to see him get another go somewhere else.''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z2h4L4BYPO

what's with the former Roo bit? Have they delisted him? Can we pick him up in the PSD?

suss
Club Player

Stillwaiting wrote:
Hurricane wrote:Pick 21 is a joke. Not a very good one at that.

BANG BANG
I have this awful feeling we will get bent over and seriously spanked as well. I really hope the club is not going to consider any of these ridiculous trades being put up by Norf and gws
Agree. In the absence of a high pick (10-15) in return we should keep Dal. He will definitely become a 300 gamer. I'd prefer he did it in our colours.

Keep Dal, Roo and Joey. Get Bruce. Lose Fisher (and maybe the rest of the Dustin Martin fan club).

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

There is no way we should trade a pick for Bruce. Tell them their dreaming. Psd for brucey babes if that's the case

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Give the guys a chance to do the deals then comment but not on hearsay journalism.

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

21 and fish for Bruce and bugg - I'd take that

#1 Ryder fan
dragit
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Give the guys a chance to do the deals then comment but not on hearsay journalism.
Did you just make a comment, then tell everyone to not comment? :D

noob
Club Player

What are GWS suppose to say? Give us a fourth rounder. Probably just testing the waters, and besides that don't use 3rd / 4th round picks on players.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I reckon clubs see us coming to be honest...

Last year GCS & GWS played hard ball with Hickey & Lee... and we gave up our 2 first round picks... we then desperately offered up our 2 2nd round picks for Mitch Brown at the last minute.

12, 13, 24 & 25 for Lee, Hickey & Brown (plus a couple of upgrades) - not sure if that's brilliant manoeuvring? Too early I guess.

Kernal75
Club Player

I think if they decide to trade Dal, it will look like this;

Dal to NMFC for Delaney & 26
Fisher & 36 to GWS for Bruce an their 3rd rounder (32)

That means we end up with Delaney & Bruce, plus we keep 3, 21 and gain 26 from North. I think that sound line a good outcome if Dal decides he wants to move.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:Former Kangaroo Luke Delaney wants to join the Saints, with the two clubs opening discussions on a deal. This could involve a trade for Dal Santo.
''Luke's nominated St Kilda as his club of choice. Now again, St Kilda have got to come forward and basically put a deal to us,'' Scott said. ''We're really keen to help Luke get to his club of choice. We really rate him as a person so we'd like to see him get another go somewhere else.''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z2h4L4BYPO

what's with the former Roo bit? Have they delisted him? Can we pick him up in the PSD?
So Mr Scott rates Delaney as a PERSON? Its a pity he doesn't rate him as a FOOTBALLER, otherwise he'd be trying to keep him. He also said that he wants DalSanto NOW. Well Mr Scott, you want a 3 time AA NOW, YOU pay. If you're that desperate, what are you prepared to PAY !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Kernal75 wrote:I think if they decide to trade Dal, it will look like this;

Dal to NMFC for Delaney & 26
Fisher & 36 to GWS for Bruce an their 3rd rounder (32)

That means we end up with Delaney & Bruce, plus we keep 3, 21 and gain 26 from North. I think that sound line a good outcome if Dal decides he wants to move.
We'd be silly to do that... Norths pick will be moved up a number of places with franklin, Thomas, Silvia, Betts already on the move...

We can release to free agency, where we would get a band 2, at worst band 3 compensation... Band 2 would be 22-ish, band 3 would be 25ish, north pick will be early 30's

Delaney is a spud from the rookie list who can't get a game - fourth round at best.

Megamaguire
Club Player

FQF is right. Pick#21 is ridiculously one-sided for the club that already gets a truck-load of top picks on a yearly basis now. Where did GWS get the idea they can enter trade period with essendon's attitude towards the rest of the clubs?
Dragit makes a valid point i believe - last year we looked a bit desperate and out maneuvered. Of coarse GWS will announce Bruce leaving must involve Pick #21 leaving St.Kilda.
Interesting that norf are still plugging away aiming to get Dal Santo for very little.
Norf are probably not that serious on Dal with the discredited (in their eyes) Delaney as their meagre offer.
Sam Reid apparently may be available from the swans - That is a trade that could bring much bigger results for St.Kilda!
Norf and gws are chancing their arm reg: potential trades with St.Kilda. Of coarse they will offer next to nothing for what they want.
Delaney sounds like a stop- gap and as much as i'd prefer to get him over via the pre-season D. If north keep trying to screw us i think we would be better dealing with the Swans for instance (who need sal.cap relief). or even the lions. It is early in the poker game of trade season and i'm sure the recruiters know they have plenty of time to NOT SCREW UP!
I had to laugh at that biffer Scott 'being transparent'
(ie) wanting a seasoned mid like Dal Santo with about 3 years left to substantially improve the depth/ rotations @ norf and only give up a side-lined defender(Delaney) who they don't rate @ all.
Make Scott do the work and throw up some real young prospects doing well @ A. st. Heard a couple of young players made top 10 in their B&F. Personally i'd leave the Delaney scenario to the PSD.
Hope there is a better qualified key defender out there that we are into right now.

Would Sydney accept pick#21 for Sam Reid?
Would St.Kilda be interested?
Can St.Kilda work with the Swans better than we could with GWS/ norf??

GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote:now that north have used their pick 8 on father+son, they have nothing to offer us.
TAKE DAL OFF THE TABLE!
Well be a better team with dal for three more years, and whoever we draft with 3 and 21.
(unless we can get sam reid -- he might be finding CHF at the SCG a little crowded right now.)
I agree

Dal Santo for another 3 Vs Norths spud?

Be good for the in to keep him alongside kids - sure, test the market but only for overs otherwise its not a good move IMO

“Yeah….nah””
Megamaguire
Club Player

Teflon i agree north have nothing 'on the table' for us to be excited about. Eastern i wouldn't bother adding the mr to scott - wouldn't trust the whinging git!

Biffer scott actually believes he can exert media pressure on St.Kilda to get Dal Santo for peanuts because.... he believes north deserve to play preliminary and grand finals from here on in. He believes St.Kilda should simply accept the writing on the wall that we are crap and should take what we deserve.

You cannot deal with a fool who believes he can trade and get something for nothing.
Avid that is a better recruiting strategy - get sam Reid. At least you are talking about a real deal player!
Just heard that GWS are putting together that truckload of cash for H.Shaw again. Now is probably the time to pounce on a highly rated young gun from gws with a lucrative offer. Do they actually have a top line player who could help St. Kilda who they really don't want to lose but have to due to 2 manty players on their list?

G O S A I N T S!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
lloyd21
Club Player

Brad Scott unfortunately seems delusional about it , does not seem to understand the landscape .

North Melbourne have to approach Saints with "Godfather deal " not the other way around.

Personally feel screw them if by end of week they don't offer anything special.

Give Dal 3 year deal and move on to draft.

As for Gws I hope they tell them Fisher is available pick 19 and move on too, pick up Bruce in PSD.
Delaney will be delisted so they will be able again to pick up for free uncontracted ,delisted player.

Kickit
Club Player

Megamaguire wrote:Teflon i agree north have nothing 'on the table' for us to be excited about. Eastern i wouldn't bother adding the mr to scott - wouldn't trust the whinging git!

Biffer scott actually believes he can exert media pressure on St.Kilda to get Dal Santo for peanuts because.... he believes north deserve to play preliminary and grand finals from here on in. He believes St.Kilda should simply accept the writing on the wall that we are crap and should take what we deserve.

You cannot deal with a fool who believes he can trade and get something for nothing.
Avid that is a better recruiting strategy - get sam Reid. At least you are talking about a real deal player!
Just heard that GWS are putting together that truckload of cash for H.Shaw again. Now is probably the time to pounce on a highly rated young gun from gws with a lucrative offer. Do they actually have a top line player who could help St. Kilda who they really don't want to lose but have to due to 2 manty players on their list?

G O S A I N T S!
I think they still have cap concessions. I just hope that securing Shaw doesn't sour a potential Fisher deal.