Pods pushed disgrace

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Pods pushed disgrace

Premiership legend Pods has been pushed!
Argggh! Scream! hes a club legend! The Hawks would never disrespect a starlike that! Geelong are a rabble. They will always be rubbish with this crap culture who dont respect club legends.
Pods should have got a another contract and a tribute game involving jets flying over Corio Bay and and a 21 gun salute after all hes done for us.
Arghhhhhhh. Cryyyyyyyyyyyyy. Sooooooooooookkkkkkkk.
Rabble....... never happen at a good club. How dare they do this. Sooookkkkkkkk. Cryyyyyyyy. Waahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Cancelling my membership and that of all my extended family for the next millenium . Whiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnneee

Sound familiar?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pods pushed disgrace

It's a long time since we pushed a Premiership legend out of the club.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Premiership legend Pods has been pushed!
Argggh! Scream! hes a club legend! The Hawks would never disrespect a starlike that! Geelong are a rabble. They will always be rubbish with this crap culture who dont respect club legends.
Pods should have got a another contract and a tribute game involving jets flying over Corio Bay and and a 21 gun salute after all hes done for us.
Rabble....... never happen at a good club. How dare they do this. Sooookkkkkkkk. Cryyyyyyyy. Waahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Cancelling my membership and that of all my extended family for the next millenium . Whiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnneee

Sound familiar?

I have no idea what you are on about but if you are trying to compare pods to Dal or Joey then you are way off track. Or if you are saying the media should be comparing then you are further off track.

busso mick
Club Player

I hear what you are saying there Con and the same will most likely happen to Chapman, Hunt & Corey. The difference to our situation is the huge age gap we have on our list that was neglected in our drafting strategies prior to 2011. Geelong can afford to 'retire' these guys because they have the next group emerging, we can't unfortunately.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Sound familiar?

I have no idea what you are on about but if you are trying to compare pods to Dal or Joey then you are way off track. Or if you are saying the media should be comparing then you are further off track.
Wahhh moo whine sook!
Joey and Dal arent even being pushed. Pods really was pushed.
And many on here sooked about Milney being 'pushed'.
I am referring to the amount of emotional mumbo jumbo - much of it comparing us unfavourably to Geelong - which wasnt even based on reality but some bs rumours. Saying how bad a club we were and how Geelong never get rid of older players but they somehow just disappear into a fuzzy warm cloud.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Chapman is as good as gone and Hunt has already been delisted.

Geelong have been up for so long because they have been able to bring in young talent while keeping their vets on relatively modest contracts. I conservatively predict Geenlong will hve a downward swing in 2-3 years. can't stay up forever\

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Sound familiar?

Wahhh moo whine sook!
Joey and Dal arent even being pushed. Pods really was pushed.
And many on here sooked about Milney being 'pushed'.
I am referring to the amount of emotional mumbo jumbo - much of it comparing us unfavourably to Geelong - which wasnt even based on reality but some bs rumours. Saying how bad a club we were and how Geelong never get rid of older players but they somehow just disappear into a fuzzy warm cloud.

Sorry I must have missed the papers or media that said Milne was pushed. I cant think of one media outlet that had a go at our club for the way the 3 guys retired. The media loved it. The rest since is a different story and half of it is our fault. We as a club keep mentioning Dal andd Joey are contracted and at the moment are staying. We as a club must have put their names out there because otherwise why would contracted players even need to get mentioned by our club afterall they are contracted.

What Geelong did with Pods is similar to what we did with our retired players and we didnt cop it for that. What is happening with these other older guys still on our list has nothing to do with the way Geelong got rid of Pods.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Sound familiar?

Sorry I must have missed the papers or media that said Milne was pushed. I cant think of one media outlet that had a go at our club for the way the 3 guys retired. The media loved it. The rest since is a different story and half of it is our fault. We as a club keep mentioning Dal andd Joey are contracted and at the moment are staying. We as a club must have put their names out there because otherwise why would contracted players even need to get mentioned by our club afterall they are contracted.

What Geelong did with Pods is similar to what we did with our retired players and we didnt cop it for that. What is happening with these other older guys still on our list has nothing to do with the way Geelong got rid of Pods.
im referring to some of our ss mates - not the media
plenty on here sooked that milne was 'pushed'
plenty made big emotional irrational comments how 'geelong never push any old players' with the idea that they somehow all go out like a flock of doves.
and many have waxed lyrical about how important 'tribute' and farewell games are and many have threatened to burn their memberships as a result of our disrespect for legends.
Im just saying each and every club makes hard calls at times based on list mgt issues at the time.
the hysteria has been ridiculous. especially for a club who just finished 3rd last.

Grrrrr
Club Player

Chapman supposedly offered one year deal for a 10 game season (providing that the list is relatively injury free).

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Con Gorozidis wrote: im referring to some of our ss mates - not the media
weell i thought the point you were making was pretty obvious
although i think there is a thread lurking round about Mark Fine (in the media)
unless you want to argue the point about the status of SEN and M Fine as media

Seeya
saint-stu
Club Player

Umm.. Steven King

1ac46a38
FQF
SS Life Member

Chapman won't be offered a contract

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote: im referring to some of our ss mates - not the media
weell i thought the point you were making was pretty obvious
although i think there is a thread lurking round about Mark Fine (in the media)
unless you want to argue the point about the status of SEN and M Fine as media
yes. he started the henny penny hysteria. should we call him finey penny?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Chapman also gone with no tribute game or endless contract .
Geelong must be a rabble too with no respect too I guess. They will end up like Melbourne for getting rid of all their mentors to guide their youngsters.
Whine piss moan.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/p ... 2uwwl.html

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Chapman also gone with no tribute game or endless contract .
Geelong must be a rabble too with no respect too I guess. They will end up like Melbourne for getting rid of all their mentors to guide their youngsters.
Whine piss moan.

I still dont get it Con. hardly anyone on here whinged when Milney was retired. I think you are imagining it.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

but I also dont think its a time for rejoicing
Chappy & the jpod would have known before the last game that their times up & geelong make more right decisions than wrong ones
Podsiardsly was a brave move that paid off +dividends - chapman has been a powerhouse for the club & yep he kicked the goal that sunk us
thats the difference - they walk away with a medal round their neck

Seeya
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Chapman also gone with no tribute game or endless contract .
Whine piss moan.

I still dont get it Con. hardly anyone on here whinged when Milney was retired. I think you are imagining it.
He was 'pushed' and it was a 'disgrace' according to several (a vocal minority i admit)

Then after that all hell bloke loose as first people imagined dal had been 'pushed' then a domino effect of joey and finally rooey all 'pushed' and something Geelong would 'never do'.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

All im saying is Chappy is every bit the club legend compared to any of our 'club legends'.
And he wasnt allowed to write his own contract. He wasnt given a tribute or 'farewell' game.
But does that make Geelong a rabble who disrespects its stars and has no culture and makes all the young players have nothing to aspire to?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:All im saying is Chappy is every bit the club legend compared to any of our 'club legends'.
And he wasnt allowed to write his own contract. He wasnt given a tribute or 'farewell' game.
But does that make Geelong a rabble who disrespects its stars and has no culture and makes all the young players have nothing to aspire to?

But who said that about our club? Who at our club writes their own contract?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:All im saying is Chappy is every bit the club legend compared to any of our 'club legends'.

But who said that about our club? Who at our club writes their own contract?
Tribute games are for clubs and players that are not challenging and therefore afford to do so.

So be it with Chapman.

If I was to get the arse tomorrow at work, I couldn't exactly have a tribute day with my clients could I?

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Hurricane wrote:Chapman is as good as gone and Hunt has already been delisted.

Geelong have been up for so long because they have been able to bring in young talent while keeping their vets on relatively modest contracts. I conservatively predict Geenlong will hve a downward swing in 2-3 years. can't stay up forever\

BANG BANG
Don't you get sick of writing "BANG BANG" after everything you post?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Im too busy being henny penny to answeer your questions plugger
The sky is falling!
We are a rabble!
Geelong never get rid of their stars
We are a disgrace!
Our culture stinks!
Why would any youngster want to play with us when we throw away our club champs!
We have no respect for the runner ups of 09/10! There arent enough statues!
We are going to be like Mlebourne
Whine. Piss. Moan.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 03 Oct 2013 7:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

LTN16 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:Chapman is as good as gone and Hunt has already been delisted.

BANG BANG
Don't you get sick of writing "BANG BANG" after everything you post?
I laughed out loud

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Feel for Pods what a story... Hope he gets a new interact.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

WTF