Brian Taylor

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Brian Taylor

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Its everyone else fault the club is struggling. Blame the media if it makes you feel better.

Huh?

People having a go at the media reporting things. Dont get it. We are struggling money wise but it seems to be the people reporting it's fault.

Huh? Think you should read the thread again. Nobody is disputing the clubs finances are poor.

But when Mark Robinson says and I quote " My paper went hard on a story about the STKFC financial "crisis" last week and decided not to run with it because it was not as bad as the information we got", it makes me believe that if the H-S decideds not to go with a story, there is no story.

Remember the herald sun has never let truth get in the way of a good story so if they dropped it, it must be total garbage.

What is wrong with stating this, considering Brian Taylor is just going with an obvious mistruth?

Or are we supposed to just post everything bad we hear about the club blurted out by every media hack?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Huh?

People having a go at the media reporting things. Dont get it. We are struggling money wise but it seems to be the people reporting it's fault.

Huh? Think you should read the thread again. Nobody is disputing the clubs finances are poor.

But when Mark Robinson says and I quote " My paper went hard on a story about the STKFC financial "crisis" last week and decided not to run with it because it was not as bad as the information we got", it makes me believe that if the H-S decideds not to go with a story, there is no story.

Remember the herald sun has never let truth get in the way of a good story so if they dropped it, it must be total garbage.

What is wrong with stating this, considering Brian Taylor is just going with an obvious mistruth?

Or are we supposed to just post everything bad we hear about the club blurted out by every media hack?
No.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Well thats what the Huh? was about.

Why chide us for saying

1) yes our finances are bad
2) but there is solid evidence that Brian Taylor is going off shabby rumours (based on our largest daily newspaper not going with the story)
3) Taylor sound like an hysteric and going for the unsubstantiated sensationalist angle.

As for trouble with the players. Well who really knows. There is always trouble with players. I doubt the cut players think much Watters, or players up for trade.

If so too bad, club over player every day of the week.

If Watters is no good well we can always get rid of him. Happens all the time, contract or no contract.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
PJ
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Well thats what the Huh? was about.

Why chide us for saying

1) yes our finances are bad
2) but there is solid evidence that Brian Taylor is going off shabby rumours (based on our largest daily newspaper not going with the story)
3) Taylor sound like an hysteric and going for the unsubstantiated sensationalist angle.

As for trouble with the players. Well who really knows. There is always trouble with players. I doubt the cut players think much Watters, or players up for trade.

If so too bad, club over player every day of the week.

If Watters is no good well we can always get rid of him. Happens all the time, contract or no contract.
Agreed, players don't come to the club as saints supporters they are professional athletes and employees. If they are not up to it or the organisation can improve then so be it they need to move on. The players are not the ones that should be driving the dialogue.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I think the bottom line for this thread is that Brian Taylor must be relegated back to Triple Moron where he belongs. How can anyone honstely put up with his howling and bellowing as he calls games? It's embarrassing.

Please Channel 7, come to your senses.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Megamaguire
Club Player

The Dome Shake down!

mr six o'clock wrote:Dimwit was asked about our finances on talking footy last tuesday , just said the afl are keeping a watch on them and if we need assistance that's what they're there for !

I would like to have asked him why the AFL doesn't do something about the rotten stadium deals that Us , the dogs and north get !
If we got a better deal we wouldn't need there help !
Lets face it our last game was fantastic for all involved with the club , however as the crowd was low , financially we probably lost thousands .
This is bull chit and the Afl have never done much to improve it .
Seriously 'B.T.' is not worth the words or letters that could be better used elsewhere. I like D.Commetti as a commentator. This guy (BT) impels me to MUTE the broadcast everytime he speaks. Poor old BT adds zero and only encourages the lowest common denomitor in what could be viewed as acceptable commentary. I think he has suffered multiple concussions like T.Abbott and is sadly beyond sensible sentence construction.
There are better commentators on radio - the tv brainns trust should look there.

A better deal at the Dome - I'd like to see that. You are spot on with your observations on this one 6 O C.

G O S A I N T S

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

My apologies for the title of the thread. Everyone seems to be focussing on Brian Taylor and whether he is a good commentator or not.

Missing the point.

The perception out 'there' at the moment is that we are in trouble. Patrick Smith, Mike Sheahan, Mark Robinson & Brian Taylor are all spouting this stuff. True or not.

How do we find sponsors to fill our holes when our public perception is shot to ribbons? Forget who said what....that fact is that it's out 'there'.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:My apologies for the title of the thread. Everyone seems to be focussing on Brian Taylor and whether he is a good commentator or not.

Missing the point.

The perception out 'there' at the moment is that we are in trouble. Patrick Smith, Mike Sheahan, Mark Robinson & Brian Taylor are all spouting this stuff. True or not.

How do we find sponsors to fill our holes when our public perception is shot to ribbons? Forget who said what....that fact is that it's out 'there'.

And that worries me. There is no need for some of those to say it if it isnt true. They arent all shock jocks. There was rumour we couldnt even pay a bill yesterday because there wasnt enough money in the bank. Probably completely unture but where there is smoke there is fire and all these stories have to have some truth in it.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hate em or not, these guys have sources.... Even snitches with clubs....

It's obvious we are in s*** street.....

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: And that worries me. There is no need for some of those to say it if it isnt true. They arent all shock jocks. There was rumour we couldnt even pay a bill yesterday because there wasnt enough money in the bank. Probably completely unture but where there is smoke there is fire and all these stories have to have some truth in it.
Thats not unusual for any business. Businesses aren't always flush with liquid assets, there are always bills not paid on time.

If anybody thinks the STKFC are the only business that doesn't pay a bill on time, well it is truly remarkable ignorance on the way any business runs.

In the 30 odd years i have worked as an Accountant I have only ever worked at one organisationwho had the funds to pay their creditors by the due date, everyone else, even with companies with 100 mill turnover and more, cherrypicked the creditors and pushed out paying invoices until they got paid.

Really this hysteria is bording on ludicrious, if this is what it has come to.

Lance or James??

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:My apologies for the title of the thread. Everyone seems to be focussing on Brian Taylor and whether he is a good commentator or not.

Missing the point.

And that worries me. There is no need for some of those to say it if it isnt true. They arent all shock jocks. There was rumour we couldnt even pay a bill yesterday because there wasnt enough money in the bank. Probably completely unture but where there is smoke there is fire and all these stories have to have some truth in it.
Who isn't the shock jock of that list?
It's the same as the school girl thing, SFA in it, but the media loves running with it....
Course there will be some truth in it, as there would be something similar at 4-5 other clubs every year, but we hear nothing...
The Saints admin leaks like terribly...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Hate em or not, these guys have sources.... Even snitches with clubs....

It's obvious we are in s*** street.....

It is obvious you are clueless when it comes to finances. Think i would put up my credentials on that topic over yours any day of the week.

You lot look at a P/L like it means something :roll:

Go and have a squiz at the Cash Flow Statement to see the real health of the organisation. A profit or a loss is an accounting concept.

Some of the biggest losses we had was during the Butters regime when we wrote off the Moorabbin stands. You can do anything with intangibles, depreciation and armoration.

Oh and have a look at the Bal Sheet after the Cash Flow, do a comparision of Creditor and Debtor turnover over the past couple of years to get an idea. Then make sure there are no contingent liabilities.

But FFS dont rely on the P/L for your financial health. Well you can and I will have a good laugh of the economic ignoramouses spouting utter claptrap.

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote: And that worries me. There is no need for some of those to say it if it isnt true. They arent all shock jocks. There was rumour we couldnt even pay a bill yesterday because there wasnt enough money in the bank. Probably completely unture but where there is smoke there is fire and all these stories have to have some truth in it.
Thats not unusual for any business. Businesses aren't always flush with liquid assets, there are always bills not paid on time.

If anybody thinks the STKFC are the only business that doesn't pay a bill on time, well it is truly remarkable ignorance on the way any business runs.

In the 30 odd years i have worked as an Accountant I have only ever worked at one organisationwho had the funds to pay their creditors by the due date, everyone else, even with companies with 100 mill turnover and more, cherrypicked the creditors and pushed out paying invoices until they got paid.

Of course i know not all business have money to pay bills on time but all of a sudden there are many things happening at our club and most dont send out positive signals. We lost our CEO, we made our footy manager redundant which really amazes me, the bill situation, maybe looking at getting rid of more than one senior player and then all this stuff in the media. It seems to much of a coincidence to suggest that there is no issues at our club. Im not going to become completely negative like some others but I just dont like what im hearing at the moment.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Sorry professor Allan Fels....

Us lot bow to your obvious expertise....

Kickit
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Of course i know not all business have money to pay bills on time but all of a sudden there are many things happening at our club and most dont send out positive signals. We lost our CEO, we made our footy manager redundant which really amazes me, the bill situation, maybe looking at getting rid of more than one senior player and then all this stuff in the media. It seems to much of a coincidence to suggest that there is no issues at our club. Im not going to become completely negative like some others but I just dont like what im hearing at the moment.
To me its mostly one issue and its being addressed.
I don't see it as different to a lot of private businesses tightening up.
1. Get rid of the operations manager and promote his second in charge. ( but still less pay to what the operations manager was on ). Don't replace the 2ic.
2. Cut out middle management ( Hutchings ).

These are better alternatives to cutting funding from the football department.

The membership is dropping and will probably drop further. ( I'm trying to think of imaginative ways to convince my wife that we should re-join - she's not great at keeping up with the younger players and is losing interest if Milne, DalSanto etc aren't there ).

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

This will help your wife and anyone else who is having issues keeping up with the younger players names and jumper numbers;

http://vitamin.lifetips.com/cat/62641/m ... index.html