#1 objective for new ceo and pres

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: #1 objective for new ceo and pres

Suggestions such as leaving Seaford, or building a boutique stadium, appear to pay little attention to our current, and indeed ongoing, financial situation.

How are we supposed to managed either of those things?

We're struggling to come up with the $$$ neccessary to fund a standalone VFL side, and that would be far cheaper than building some new training or game venue.

mildurasaint
Club Player

spert wrote:Get out of Seaford (nothing against the suburb, but need a higher profile, closer to the city). Other than that my brief would be for an intense membership drive similar to what the Hawks and Cats were doing more than 10 years ago and haven't let the foot off the pedal since. Demand the senior coach and senior leadership group set the bar higher than previous years on the field. Improvement required in fitness, strength and injury management areas. Improve public relations- sell the club better. Be innovative.
Agree with getting out of Seaford. Think it will definitely happen in next two years. My new favourite site for a Saints home base is the land on Nepean Highway opposite Southland. It's currently a park and similar size to the Linton street, plus has highter exposure on the highway. They are planning on building a new Southland station and the shopping centre carpark can double for footy parking on Friday and Saturday nights. Get the local council back onside and see if the AFL will build a boutique stadium there. Guess I'm dreaming but you never know.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mildurasaint wrote:
spert wrote:Get out of Seaford (nothing against the suburb, but need a higher profile, closer to the city). Other than that my brief would be for an intense membership drive similar to what the Hawks and Cats were doing more than 10 years ago and haven't let the foot off the pedal since. Demand the senior coach and senior leadership group set the bar higher than previous years on the field. Improvement required in fitness, strength and injury management areas. Improve public relations- sell the club better. Be innovative.
Agree with getting out of Seaford. Think it will definitely happen in next two years. My new favourite site for a Saints home base is the land on Nepean Highway opposite Southland. It's currently a park and similar size to the Linton street, plus has highter exposure on the highway. They are planning on building a new Southland station and the shopping centre carpark can double for footy parking on Friday and Saturday nights. Get the local council back onside and see if the AFL will build a boutique stadium there. Guess I'm dreaming but you never know.

Is Waverley a high profile area. its just an excuse that makes no sense at all. Why does it matter where a club trains. No one goes to training. Surely no major sponsor says we wont sponsor the Saints because they train in seaford even though no one goes but we will sponsor the Hawks because they train in waverley but still no one goes.

As for your stadium i dont we can raise about 75 million to build it espeically as the AFL wouldnt even want it.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Making excuses for etihad (which is what they are) based on the afl funding some of the loss is not the right way to look at it. Rationalising a bad deal doesnt make it any less of a bad deal. We should get out. Move to the mcg and the members will follow.
We are 100% dependent on the AFL, so we do what they want us to do. Do you think they want us to move away from Docklands?

And why would we get more members if we were based at the MCG? I prefer going to Docklands, it's a much better stadium for watching footy IMO. Easier to get to, better sightlines, etc.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I don't think that should be the priority.

I'd be investing time into the 18K + members that have dropped off recently.

I fear we won't make 25K in 2014.
I think you're right, I just don't understand how it's possible to get people to sign up when they know we're rebuilding and won't win 5 games next season. I spend a lot of time on Saintsational so I'm pretty fanatical, and yet I went to half as many games this year than last year. How are you going to get all those less fanatical supporters to buy in when they know we're s*** for a while?

onlooker2
Club Player

While we are talking about Etihad did anyone notice the comments Brian Lake made in the papaer last week when questioned about his form this season. He said he had lost some weight (about 4 kgs) which helped but more significantly he said not having to play home games at Etihad had given him a huge boost in post game recovery time. He said the MCG surface is nowhere near as hard as the Etihad surface nad he was now able to get over games more quickly.

The main training base at Chelsea has to change. Just on accessability alone it is not central enough.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

We to rebuild a community and family culture from the ground up.
We need 30,000 members
We need a first class CEO .