Be POSITIVE, SAINTS FANS !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

paulski
Club Player

Re: Be POSITIVE, SAINTS FANS !!

Uh... I think you can still wear red whit and black, just make the red more prominent! :roll:

Great idea Eastern, maybe we could do a similar thing when we play the bombers and swans.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

paulski wrote:Uh... I think you can still wear red whit and black, just make the red more prominent! :roll:

Great idea Eastern, maybe we could do a similar thing when we play the bombers and swans.
But why?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I forgot Nate wright.
If we nail the next two draft/trade periods and get 4 good players and Markworth and White come good we're good in 3 years.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
paulski wrote:Uh... I think you can still wear red whit and black, just make the red more prominent! :roll:

But why?
The theory would be that this would have the effect of producing overall "crowd colours" of Red, White & Black, giving an overall St Kilda feel.

At the moment the overall "crowd colours" would be Black & White, exaggerated by the enormous number of Collingwood members who attend, many of who are fully kitted ferals.

You may not agree with the concept but I reckon it's got merit.

And good on Eastern for putting his heart and mind into ways of helping our club.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:

But why?
The theory would be that this would have the effect of producing overall "crowd colours" of Red, White & Black, giving an overall St Kilda feel.

At the moment the overall "crowd colours" would be Black & White, exaggerated by the enormous number of Collingwood members who attend, many of who are fully kitted ferals.

And good on Eastern for putting his heart and mind into ways of helping our club.

I think Kosi was making the point that red works against the pies but doesnt help at all against Sydney or Essendon as they have red already. maybe I am wrong but id like to put your house on it.

spert
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:I have never been more sure that I will never see my club win a premiership in my life time than I am today. I am 37 and am so sick of never seeing us win one and all of these teams like Hawthorn just win them at will. I will always get a membership and get along to the games but I just don't have anymore faith in that I will ever see a flag!
Hard to believe that in the 1971 Grand Final Hawthorn and StKilda were both playing to win their 2nd Premiership.
Hawthorn have just won their 11th, we are still pining for our 2nd, these clubs have followed radically different paths since 1971, one, in a huge understatement, a lot more successful than the other. :shock:
Hawthorn had good strong leadership from the late '60s and got smart people to the club, we did the opposite. I hope Mr Summers and the board show total professionalism from this point and demand the bar is set high.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:I don't understand the red thing. Why would I want to not wear red white and black to a home game?

TWO reasons;

1. A powerful showing of the colour RED. They are BLACK & WHITE so our fans would really stand out

2. Another way of connecting SAINTS PEOPLE and having a bit of fun doing so

Like plugger66 stated, will ONLY work against Collingwood. BLACK against Sydney. WHITE against Essendon, although that mightn't work with grots like me !!
Last edited by Eastern on Mon 30 Sep 2013 8:23am, edited 1 time in total.

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:

But why?

Thank you for the explanation. I also admire Eastern's enthusiasm but I can't imagine wearing a red Coles t shirt to the footy as a sign of my support for the Saints

BTW, Plugger just lost your house.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

It doesn't have to be Coles. It could be Red Rooster. Just thinking out loud about having it sponsored !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:

But why?

Thank you for the explanation. I also admire Eastern's enthusiasm but I can't imagine wearing a red Coles t shirt to the footy as a sign of my support for the Saints

I didnt lose my house at all.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I forgot Nate wright.
If we nail the next two draft/trade periods and get 4 good players and Markworth and White come good we're good in 3 years.
Don't forget him...

paulski
Club Player

Um, yeah, should've explained it better. I meant supporters wearing mainly white against bombers, and mainly black against the swans, to give a visual contrast between supporters. But that might be too hard to organise, should just stick to the red theme against the pies for now. The contrast between our supporters was magnificent in the 2010 GF, probably because everyone was fully kitted out in their gear.
I also think the club should add more red white and black to Etihad on game day, starting with the players race like other teams have done (bombers/roos).

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
kosifantutti wrote: Thank you for the explanation. I also admire Eastern's enthusiasm but I can't imagine wearing a red Coles t shirt to the footy as a sign of my support for the Saints

I didnt lose my house at all.
Who said you did?

rodrocket
Club Player

Theme song " I see Red" SPLIT ENZ for our NZ friends

lloyd21
Club Player

spert wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:I have never been more sure that I will never see my club win a premiership in my life time than I am today. I am 37 and am so sick of never seeing us win one and all of these teams like Hawthorn just win them at will. I will always get a membership and get along to the games but I just don't have anymore faith in that I will ever see a flag!
Hard to believe that in the 1971 Grand Final Hawthorn and StKilda were both playing to win their 2nd Premiership.
Hawthorn have just won their 11th, we are still pining for our 2nd, these clubs have followed radically different paths since 1971, one, in a huge understatement, a lot more successful than the other. :shock:
Hawthorn had good strong leadership from the late '60s and got smart people to the club, we did the opposite. I hope Mr Summers and the board show total professionalism from this point and demand the bar is set high.

Hawthorn were broke and going to merge with Melbourne in 1997 .

Ian Dicker saved Hawthorn

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Good stuff eastern. Too much negativity and too much navel gazing and looking at the past.

This is where I see us going fwd

Gilbert Bruce simpkin
Webster Roberton Geary
Saunders Ross Aish
? White curren
Minch Lee ?

Hickey stanley Macca ?
Steven
Markworth
Int from Newnes ? ??

So for me we need to work out which is our best ruck combo
Plus whether siposs is any good as the third fwd.
I am making big assumptions on white Amish and markworth
Boy, looking at that side it's sobering compared to the last 5-6 years. I reckon Wright should be in it by the way...he is one of the few who could develop into a star IMO

Nee!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

lloyd21 wrote:

Hawthorn were broke and going to merge with Melbourne in 1997 .

Ian Dicker saved Hawthorn
Yep good point - people need to remember that. The key is good administration. Us supporters should spend less time whingeing about the coach and more about the ceo.
We need a good one!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'll tell you what really $h1ts me is the friggin Hawks winning ANOTHER premiership! I can't stand them! I'd sooner side with Collingwood than Hawthorn 10 times over. Why is it that the Hawks keep pulling Premierships out of their rear-end while we struggle to develop a team, rise to the top, miss two golden opportunities and are now looking like cellar-dwellers for the next 4-5 seasons. Seriously pains me! Did I mention I hate the Hawks?

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!