Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: trade rumours

Bernard Shakey wrote:
St Ick wrote:Roo is the one with the degenerative knee, and to be honest, if Patton comes to us and has a career likes Rooey, I'll be over the moon.
Me too!
I see a Patton emerging....

“Yeah….nah””
Beekay
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
St Ick wrote:Roo is the one with the degenerative knee, and to be honest, if Patton comes to us and has a career likes Rooey, I'll be over the moon.
Me too!
I see a Patton emerging....
love puns :lol:

deserves a Patton the back

kimberly saint
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:why would Gold Coast want dal ?? they have a blue chip midfield already give it two years Dal would struggle to make the 22 in that team
they will be challenging for the 8 next year , dal would be very handy with expeirence etc. He would not even drag a tag with ablett etc

lefty
Club Player

I think people are crazy even suggesting swapping McEvoy for Patton, I really do.

Ruckman don't just grow on trees, and Hickey cant take a overhead mark around the ground like Benny boy.

I cannot see Hickey taking the #1 ruckman position in front of Mac. I guess after all those years complaining how GT didn't want a ruckman, now we seem happy to go back to that path. Meh SS...

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 6722237708

Trading Joey is surely not the answer at this stage. It would really have to be a ridiculous offer.

Always loyal
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I raised Patton on here mid-season as a target.

His value will probably never be this low again. Or he won't be as 'available' as he is now, especially if Buddy arrives.

He's got some risk about him, sure, but the upside is potentially blockbuster.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I think with Riewoldt declining we need a forward star we can build around - Patton appears to have that scope but injury will be the key. Get him right and this could be the trade GWS look back on and say "got that wrong" equally it could be "how bout the saints who gave that top pick for a guy who played 3 decent games and was injured the rest"

Big risk but we probably won't get our hands on a No1 prospect in future given the Melbourne rabble

“Yeah….nah””
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Big risk but we probably won't get our hands on a No1 prospect in future given the Melbourne rabble
There was a rumour on Twitter yesterday that the Saints were going to trade pick #3 to Essendon for David Myers and Travis Colyer.

Lots of rumours around, but if the Saints can pull this off I will dip me lid to all those responsible.

Such astute trading would guarantee the Saints of pick #1 for the next 12 Drafts. And if so, a flag in 2023 surely beckons. :wink:

Kickit
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Teflon wrote: Big risk but we probably won't get our hands on a No1 prospect in future given the Melbourne rabble
There was a rumour on Twitter yesterday that the Saints were going to trade pick #3 to Essendon for David Myers and Travis Colyer.

Lots of rumours around, but if the Saints can pull this off I will dip me lid to all those responsible.

Such astute trading would guarantee the Saints of pick #1 for the next 12 Drafts. And if so, a flag in 2023 surely beckons. :wink:
I'm guessing the Essendon supporters are becoming delusional again ( or more accurately their level of delusion is hitting a high point ).

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Ridiculous to be considering trading with Essendon until the infraction notices have been issued. Can you imagine giving Essendon pick 3, then one or both of the players receive infraction notices? Definitely not the way to go.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

If Essendon were on fire, I would rather wee all down my pants than help them out.

No trading with filthy, filthy, lying drug cheats. Ever again.

Kickit
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:Ridiculous to be considering trading with Essendon until the infraction notices have been issued. Can you imagine giving Essendon pick 3, then one or both of the players receive infraction notices? Definitely not the way to go.
There is no way they would even entertain that trade. Its got to be purely a figment of delusional Essendon supporters who cant accept the reality of their situation.

Burkey 1
Club Player

Can someone exolain to me how clubs who have just been eliminated from the finals in t he past fortnight have already delisted players and we haven't, surely we must know so why is it taking so long !!!!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Burkey 1 wrote:Can someone exolain to me how clubs who have just been eliminated from the finals in t he past fortnight have already delisted players and we haven't, surely we must know so why is it taking so long !!!!

We already have three retire plus Saad.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Kickit
Club Player

Burkey 1 wrote:Can someone exolain to me how clubs who have just been eliminated from the finals in t he past fortnight have already delisted players and we haven't, surely we must know so why is it taking so long !!!!
I suspect the club will be looking to entertain any possible trade for players who are likely to want to play on.
For example if they want to delist CJ, they will be trying to get CJ +pick 60 for pick 55 rather than just let him go.

They will be working their arses of in the club right now. ( which is why some of them had their holidays mid season ).

SunburySaint
Club Player

SemperFidelis wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 6722237708

Trading Joey is surely not the answer at this stage. It would really have to be a ridiculous offer.

Dont think trading Joey will go ahead..... I also stopped reading at Jack Stevens... Honestly the guy wins our B&F and journos still cant get his name right

Now lives in Geelong...
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:
I suspect the club will be looking to entertain any possible trade for players who are likely to want to play on.
For example if they want to delist CJ, they will be trying to get CJ +pick 60 for pick 55 rather than just let him go.

They will be working their arses of in the club right now. ( which is why some of them had their holidays mid season ).
CJ and a fire extinguisher for a freddo frog (peppermint). Get it done saints.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

:D :D :D
You are always a few steps ahead Doc

spot on
Club Player

Would we trade our pick 3 for Patton ??

Jiminy Wagga
Club Player

spot on wrote:Would we trade our pick 3 for Patton ??
As much as I'd love to have him, a classy mid would be more pressing.. Surely?

Kickit
Club Player

That's a very good question isn't it.
He's a number one draft pick but 2 years of injury makes me think he's behind Kelly or Aish.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Maybe pick#3 for Patton and #9

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
spot on
Club Player

Patton was pick 1 only couple years ago, can't imagine getting another pick in return

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I would be happy if the deal was pick three and Mcevoy/Fisher for Paton, Bruce, and pick 9. Maybe they could add their 3rd round as well since they probably wont use it.

Kickit
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Maybe pick#3 for Patton and #9
That'd be OK , he'd have to pass a medical. :)