Dear Caro

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dear Caro

SainterK wrote:
stinger wrote:the school girl issue is a beat up......as russell holmesby states in his weekly article on page 2 of inside footy....under the heading.." mad media beat ups fan flames when hard facts are needed......"roll out the st kilda schoolgirl yarn...in truth a random nutbag whose story was subsequently discredited........... "

<edited by mods>
What an average post :roll:
This is a way above average post<edited by mods>

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
twirlyhair
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:New article in The Age from the witch,
Sam Fisher and Armo had allegedly planned a trip to the USA with Dustin Martin, Watters apparently persuaded them to cancel, in case they did sumthin naughty over there. But to her credit, she gave plenty of column inches to King and the bikie, and Martin's $2k fine for the salute (handcuffs).
Time to lose your medIeval attitudes to women who you disagree with. The coach is agreeing with Caro, that is why he is so pissed off with the players and is actively trying to change the culture of the club. What derogatory term will you call him?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Sam Fisher and Armo had allegedly planned a trip to the USA with Dustin Martin, Watters apparently persuaded them to cancel, in case they did sumthin naughty over there. But to her credit, she gave plenty of column inches to King and the bikie, and Martin's $2k fine for the salute (handcuffs).
That's enough now for me to want Fisher traded given his past issues.

And I thought Armo had moved on from being a wannabe hood.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
twirlyhair
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
That's enough now for me to want Fisher traded given his past issues.

And I thought Armo had moved on from being a wannabe hood.
I agree. Let's get something for him,whilst we can. We really need to go the Sydney no d heads policy.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Have reported yours and stingers posts
Mine is an average post, one shouldn't post after a night out on the turps. :oops:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:Who cares what that mole thinks anyway?

Absolute class :roll:

Wilson has been lauded on here for her tireless work on the Essendon drug scandal. Some have mentioned Walkley's etc.

But she happens to shine a light on the Saints and she suddenly has no credibility. :roll:

Fair dinkum some of you have extremely thin skins.

lets have a look at the clean image of the Saints since 2003

Lawrence

Milne/Montagna allegations

Fraser Gehrig - too pissed for Bankok

Thomas/ Butters tearing the club apart

Pregnant School Scandal

Nude Photo's of players

Players on booze and drugs in NZ

Lovett - Rape trial

Milne charged with rape

Saad takes banned substance

Dwarf set on fire.

Yes we are as clean as they come.

I think we are as clean as they come. Clearly not the cleanest, but we'd definitely be in the bottom 6-8.

All the above are either harmless, alleged or utter non-issues. And, in most cases have been dealt with in a timely and professional manner. And much harsher than anyone other club.

I don't go for the 'Caroline Wilson's a <insert derogatory female name here>' stuff, but her and anyone else who suggests the Saints culture is terrible, needs to open their eyes and put it in perspective.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:

Spot on. And until we as a club really understand this, we wil always be just an average club.
Correct - we have supporter denial
Saying a football club has a bad culture is like saying a cop has a power issue! They all do - and it's part of their job! Without it, they wouldn't cope.

Footy clubs are the same. In order to go out each week and physically put yourself at serious risk, to put your body through extreme exhaustion, just to beat someone else in the eyes of total strangers. To risk your body for your peers at the expense of your family - all this stuff is not normal behaviour.

It's not what regular people, and regular workplaces are like. But with the footy, it's normal. And we, the supporters demand it.

But then we get on our high horses when this same type of behaviour is displayed off the field!

We have a culture that is absolutely par for the course, if not better, than most football clubs.

But we have a culture that for most average people and workplaces - is not good and would easily be considered a 'problem'.

Simply put, people who think or expect AFL footy clubs to have the same cultural standards as the rest of us, are kidding themselves.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:
My point is that culture wise we are really no worse than most other clubs, but the culture myth is perpetuated by lazy journo's who want to make a quick headline. The same lazy journos who don't want to risk taking on the likes of Eddie Maguire.

I agree with your first sentence - and completely disagree with your second sentence. No-one attacks Eddie more than Caro. She is constantly having digs at him. Eddie comments on it all the time. I thing I like about Caro is that she hates everyone. :wink:

And I've seen plenty of uncomplimentary articles written by her about the tiges. This myth that she favours the tiges is just that - a myth. Richmond supporters are constantly bemoaning the fact that she goes harder at them than anyone else - because they believe that she has 'sources' within the club due to her history.

I notice on Bomberblitz last night some of their supporters were referring to the bombers as a smaller club who have been bullied by the bigger power clubs like Collingwood, Carlton and Hawthorn. :shock: :roll: Really, go on any fan forum and insert your club of choice and the threads are pretty much the same, just different ppl saying it. Almost all clubs have the same'culture' issues - that is young immature blokes who live in a bubble and get paid ridiculously large amounts of cash, have too much spare time, and end up doing some stupid things that most 18-25 yr olds get up to or would get up to if their circumstances were the same.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Moods , good post. That's the kind of logical non- abusive counter argument that this forum seems to have lost. Keep up the good work.

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Have reported yours and stingers posts[/quote]

bully for you... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

the mods edited the originals...but your brilliant effort sees them resurrected.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:Moods , good post. That's the kind of logical non- abusive counter argument that this forum seems to have lost. Keep up the good work.

Why Thank you Zed. And I noticed that on Bomberblitz last night even the bomber supporters were complimentary of your opening post re this thread. They pasted it and found it difficult to disagree with anything you had written. Consider yourself famous :wink:

twirlyhair
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Wilson has been lauded on here for her tireless work on the Essendon drug scandal. Some have mentioned Walkley's etc.

But she happens to shine a light on the Saints and she suddenly has no credibility. :roll:

Lawrence

Pregnant School Scandal

Nude Photo's of players

Lovett - Rape trial

Milne charged with rape

Dwarf set on fire.

I think we are as clean as they come. Clearly not the cleanest, but we'd definitely be in the bottom 6-8.

All the above are either harmless, alleged or utter non-issues. And, in most cases have been dealt with in a timely and professional manner. And much harsher than anyone other club.

I don't go for the 'Caroline Wilson's a <insert derogatory female name here>' stuff, but her and anyone else who suggests the Saints culture is terrible, needs to open their eyes and put it in perspective.
Deluded if you ask me. The players continually embarrasses themselves(can you think of any other club feeling the need to make a video to tell us that they are going to be good boys?) and the club itself has always waddled and fluffed around in mediocrity. The coach himself says this. He's trying to fix this. But he needs the expectations of the supporters to demand this as well and not pretend that we are as 'clean as they come'.

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:I respect Caro. We do have a culture problem. Clear as day to see that
Rubbish, no more than nearly every other club except that ours are voraciously pounced upon by the press and often extrapolated. In that earlier post about our recent i discretions most of those list were guys having a few too many drinks and acting up - who here's never done that? - pretty small change compared to the tales we hear of players at certain clubs systematically breaching drug loop holes and self-reporting. What about a certain club out west and their long-term form which has related in drug-related deaths to former club legends in which current players were closely involved. A player from another club failed to return from their footy trip at all last year - the circumstances of which have never been adequately explained in public - but out culture is a problem because the guys got drunk in a local pub for Mad Monday instead of going away and one guy did something stupid and singed another guys pants (no one was hurt and a public apology and retribution were made)? You could go on and on and on...

We are far from perfect but to single us out and us alone and lambast our "culture" while ignoring the similar shortfalls of others is a disgrace...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Trevor Barker was renowned as the biggest party boy of all time.

He just was. It was fact.

Reality was, he wasn't at all. He rarely drank when out, and didn't drink much at all. Was incredibly professional and was considered by his teammates as the epitome of professionalism - but the media had him painted in a certain light and that remained that way.

Doesn't mean it's fact.

twirlyhair
Club Player

Harvey To Hayes wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:I respect Caro. We do have a culture problem. Clear as day to see that
Rubbish, no more than nearly every other club except that ours are voraciously pounced upon by the press and often extrapolated. In that earlier post about our recent i discretions most of those list were guys having a few too many drinks and acting up - who here's never done that? - pretty small change compared to the tales we hear of players at certain clubs systematically breaching drug loop holes and self-reporting. What about a certain club out west and their long-term form which has related in drug-related deaths to former club legends in which current players were closely involved. A player from another club failed to return from their footy trip at all last year - the circumstances of which have never been adequately explained in public - but out culture is a problem because the guys got drunk in a local pub for Mad Monday instead of going away and one guy did something stupid and singed another guys pants (no one was hurt and a public apology and retribution were made)? You could go on and on and on...

We are far from perfect but to single us out and us alone and lambast our "culture" while ignoring the similar shortfalls of others is a disgrace...
If others have a problem as well, it doesn't lessen your problem. We can't control others, we can only control what we do, and we - the Saints, have not done some things very well.

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

twirlyhair wrote: If others have a problem as well, it doesn't lessen your problem. We can't control others, we can only control what we do, and we - the Saints, have not done some things very well.
Completely off issue. We're talking about random reportage of our purported "culture" problems for no apparent reason other that our pain seems to sell papers. Ethics shortfall of epic proportions, and pointing this out is in no way implying that we don't need to lift our game - we clearly need to pull our collective socks up - and totally justified in the circumstances. People earlier alluded to the existence of the members' video of the players apologising and saying that they're aware of the bigger picture and will strive to do better as emblematic of the fact that we're off the rails, to me that's an awesome signifier that they're taking this seriously and not taking a victim stance that was in hindsight ushered in with Lyon's whole "bubble" rubbish (which I admit I was a staunch supporter of at the time). Just worry about the football, no wonder guys like Kosi can't wait to retire...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:
Harvey To Hayes wrote:

If others have a problem as well, it doesn't lessen your problem. We can't control others, we can only control what we do, and we - the Saints, have not done some things very well.

So if 17 other clubs have an issue, do we really actually have an issue? Or are just normal?

Remember, we're not talking about society here, we're talking about football clubs.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

It's irrelevant if it's true or not. That's is the perception our club has had to wear which now goes back yonks. Anyone watch the 66 doco where after the 65 gf they were referring to us as "good old St Kilda"? That was in 1965. Our reputation is entrenched.

Any indiscretion and we cop it. Personally, I didn't think it was a big deal but CJ was a knob for involving a midget who was not in the inner sanctum in a team joke.

Deal with it.

Get over it.

Embrace our bad boy image.

We're different.

We're bad asses.

We're cool.

We're good old St Kilda.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

HATE CRIME
Calling a dwarf a midget!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Stiff sh!t.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Kickit
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:

Lawrence

Pregnant School Scandal

Nude Photo's of players

Lovett - Rape trial

Milne charged with rape

Dwarf set on fire.

Are you one of the idiots that thinks the pregnant school girl was something that really happened.
This is what the OP was complaining about, any story about StKilda players is exaggerated to the extreme.
Any link to a number of clubs and StKilda is always implicated.

DWOODROW
Club Player

All I have to say is...........................................

I work with a guy and had beers with a guy and had in depth meaningful conversations with a guy who I didn't know was a head member of a bikie club and still talk to him on many issues including footy,politics, pets, being away from family, favourite beer, past girlfriends, current girlfriends in his case and parents.

Does this now make me
Affiliated to a bikie club and its dealings even tho I have never been to a bikie club, never met any other members or had any illegal dealings with them.

When I met him should I have asked him who he worked for, what his political preference is, if he was married and what his beliefs on genetically modified foods were or whether he had links to any underworld, bikie club, criminal activities past or present before I gave him the time of day?

As a professional footballer you should be trying to stay out of the limelight I agree 100%.

But would it get reported as snobbery, arrogance or discrimination if footballers ignored everyone and gave no one the time of day until knowing their background.

Saints need a no booze policy during the football season and in the off season put on a property away from everyone and journos to go about their business.

Ps I have a cattle property up here in Townsville should they want to take up the offer. I need some work done

Moods
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:All I have to say is...........................................

I work with a guy and had beers with a guy and had in depth meaningful conversations with a guy who I didn't know was a head member of a bikie club and still talk to him on many issues including footy,politics, pets, being away from family, favourite beer, past girlfriends, current girlfriends in his case and parents.

Does this now make me
Affiliated to a bikie club and its dealings even tho I have never been to a bikie club, never met any other members or had any illegal dealings with them.

When I met him should I have asked him who he worked for, what his political preference is, if he was married and what his beliefs on genetically modified foods were or whether he had links to any underworld, bikie club, criminal activities past or present before I gave him the time of day?

As a professional footballer you should be trying to stay out of the limelight I agree 100%.

But would it get reported as snobbery, arrogance or discrimination if footballers ignored everyone and gave no one the time of day until knowing their background.

Saints need a no booze policy during the football season and in the off season put on a property away from everyone and journos to go about their business.

Ps I have a cattle property up here in Townsville should they want to take up the offer. I need some work done

You make some fair points - However I think once you become aware of the bikie's known links, your relationship with him in future should be of polite indifference. In other words say g'day and move on as quick as you can. Not all bikers are criminals - OMCG are criminals and are bottom feeders preying on society. Bully boys who parade around trying to masquerade as 'someone' when in actuality the fact they feel the need to ride around in their gang :roll: only highlights their insecurities. They use famous gullible celebrities like AFL footballers in an attempt to legitimise themselves, and the d**khead footballers appear to believe that by associating with these clowns gives them a perception of being tough - maybe a few tatts that read 'such Is Life' serve to magnify this point in case we all missed it :roll:

Common sense dictates that as soon as you become aware that the fella you are friendly with is an active OMCG member you steer clear. Common sense should tell you that, ego tells you something else.

DWOODROW
Club Player

Agree,

Should be focusing on footy more so would be the best outcome for all I would think.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

It always bothers me when this or that journalist begins to attract negative comments regarding their appearance, gender etc etc, whenever the story is not good for the Saints. The answer?; DONT GIVE THEM AMMUNITION!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)