krackour /GARLETT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kimberly saint
Club Player

krackour /GARLETT

Will krackour or garlett find homes next season. Keep reading how watters is so good with the mental side things when it comes to players . Worth a late pick ??
I no sum will be totally against idea :shock:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: krackour /GARLETT

I want the Garlett kid. He has enough time to come good. Kraks not going to be around long enough.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Garlett will play somewhere in the AFL, probably in WA, Krackour will play in the WAFL but is certainly finished in the AFL.

kimberly saint
Club Player

gringo wrote:I want the Garlett kid. He has enough time to come good. Kraks not going to be around long enough.
living in WA watched bit of him on tv this year looks like a freak as most the indigenous lads do when comes to footy , he has it all and comentators keep craping on how he's on track.
Thought krackour could provide sum entertainment in few hard years ahead, but if only going to clog list may be bad move if hes older than i thought

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Garlett will play somewhere in the AFL, probably in WA, Krackour will play in the WAFL but is certainly finished in the AFL.
im not so sure Pluggs ... i dont think either of the WA clubs are into him and his coach at swan districts believes its best for him to go East to chaase his AFL dream ... he has done a lot of growing up this last year

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
savatage
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Garlett will play somewhere in the AFL, probably in WA, Krackour will play in the WAFL but is certainly finished in the AFL.
im not so sure Pluggs ... i dont think either of the WA clubs are into him and his coach at swan districts believes its best for him to go East to chaase his AFL dream ... he has done a lot of growing up this last year
Yup. Definitely wants to come to Melbourne to play football.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

We need some xfactor yes to garlett. Kraka injured?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Sheesh people over-rate when kids are perceived as troubled or what not.

In the end, Dayle Garlett is a kid, was a kid and will wake up as a kid tomorrow.

Like most people, if the carrot of huge cash gets dangled infront of someone, they will 'mature'

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

In the end, Dayle Garlett is a kid, was a kid and will wake up as a kid tomorrow.

Like most people, if the carrot of huge cash gets dangled infront of someone, they will 'mature'

Or he will spend it on things that arent good for your footy. he knew last year he would get good cash if he pulled his head in and couldnt even do the right thing when training at Essendon. Some people never learn. That doesnt mean this guy wont but its whether he causes issues with other players. That could be the real problem.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Krak has some serious problems and was extremely unprofessional this year... would not go near

Garlett... who knows, i would hope we have had an investigator following him around the last few months (a lot of clubs do this)

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Garlett I reckon will go in the mid-late 2nd round where his value will be too good to refuse. I doubt he will be there for our 3rd round pick. I cant see us using either of our first 2 picks (As they currently stand) on Garlett, so unless we acquire a late 2nd round pick I cant see him landing at the Saints. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Having said that, he looks like a good replacement for Milne in the forward pocket who can also run in the midfield - as none of TDL , Milera, Saad have established themselves. No doubt all eyes of the football world will be on him for the first 12 months.

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
bob__71
Club Player

Can GWS trade Garlett?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote: im not so sure Pluggs ... i dont think either of the WA clubs are into him and his coach at swan districts believes its best for him to go East to chaase his AFL dream ... he has done a lot of growing up this last year

Or he will spend it on things that arent good for your footy. he knew last year he would get good cash if he pulled his head in and couldnt even do the right thing when training at Essendon. Some people never learn. That doesnt mean this guy wont but its whether he causes issues with other players. That could be the real problem.
i was talking to a person that has worked at Swan districts about Garlett they reckon the problem with him was he was believing his own hype too much , he knew he was good enough for AFL he knew clubs were interested and he basically though regardless of what he did or how he lived his life it would just happen for him ... he got the kick in the pants when he didnt get drafted but still carried on a bit cause it was a belief that he would get a spot on an AFL rookie list any way .. when his name again didnt get called the penny dropped that he would not get anywhere living like he was - he changed a heap of things in his family life and moved away from the old crowd he used to be tight with - his girlfriend and particularly her family were a huge part in him pulling his head in .. word is since May an AFL club over east (i have no idea who) has been in contact with him and setting him little goals to achieve both personal and on the footy field i hear he had one very minor slip up with being late for an appointment but all in all has done everything that has been asked of him , he has slimmed down some of the "puppy fat" he had and has been tearing it up in the WAFL ... i think he will get drafted this year by a team in Melbourne later in the draft , i also think he will make an instant impact on whoever drafts him

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
spert
Saintsational Legend

X-factor players are handy in finals..good to have one on the list if possible