Jolly Gone.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jolly Gone.

maverick wrote:Pies are just about to enter rebuilding stage, not far removed from us...
Serious? They still have a solid list:

25 - 28: Pendlebury, Cloke, Shaw, D Thomas, Young, O'Brien, Goldsack, Dwyer, Toovey, Clarke, Macaffer
22 - 25: Beams, Brown, Reid, Sidebottom, Blair, Keeffe
18 - 22: Seedsman, Fasolo, Elliott, Sinclair, Grundy, Paine, J Thomas, Williams, Kennedy, Witts

The old ones are Hudson, Johnson, Lynch, Maxwell, Swan, Ball. Some definite quality there but not irreplaceable. I'd be surprised if they fall too far too fast.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
maverick wrote:Pies are just about to enter rebuilding stage, not far removed from us...

25 - 28: Pendlebury, Cloke, Shaw, D Thomas, Young, O'Brien, Goldsack, Dwyer, Toovey, Clarke, Macaffer
18 - 22: Seedsman, Fasolo, Elliott, Sinclair, Grundy, Paine, J Thomas, Williams, Kennedy, Witts

The old ones are Hudson, Johnson, Lynch, Maxwell, Swan, Ball. Some definite quality there but not irreplaceable. I'd be surprised if they fall too far too fast.
Pendlebury, Cloke are A grade, Beams & Sidebottom high B's.
Thomas will go.
The rest are average at best with Grundy the only one up for A grade for mine.
They might not fall as far as us as quickly, all depends on injury, but that could also prolong their mid ladder finishes.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
bergholt wrote:

Pendlebury, Cloke are A grade, Beams & Sidebottom high B's.
Thomas will go.
The rest are average at best with Grundy the only one up for A grade for mine.
They might not fall as far as us as quickly, all depends on injury, but that could also prolong their mid ladder finishes.
I reckon Brown is good, Shaw and Reid are decent, Keeffe could be anything still. All of Seedsman, Fasolo, Elliott, Sinclair and Williams have shown a bit and are still well below 50 games so have heaps of improvement left in them. Dwyer ran out of legs but was very good in the first half of the year.

I hope you're right - nothing better than Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon finishing mid-table and not going anywhere - but I'm way of underestimating them.