Ledger must be kept!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ledger must be kept!

It will be a travesty if he is delisted. A mob like Collingwood will pick him up for free and make him a huge star.

He has an AFL ready physique and seems to have good skills and an ability to find the ball. Not to mention the couple of years we've put into developing him. I can only hope that he is retained and becomes an integral part of our side in years to come...............or is used as part of a trade to lure a big backman to the club.

Just please for the love of god dont let him go for nothing

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
SuperDuper
Club Player

should step up next year as a 22 year old....
Could see him being good.

Certainly should not be cut lose right now! Needs at least 1 more season

I recon there are 5 players (outside the retirees) I would rather see delisted before Ledger

defacto
Club Player

SuperDuper wrote:should step up next year as a 22 year old....
Could see him being good.

Certainly should not be cut lose right now! Needs at least 1 more season

I recon there are 5 players (outside the retirees) I would rather see delisted before Ledger
can you name them?

noob
Club Player

Problem is the list manager has literally contracted everyone else but Ledger. Not great signs really even though he has done well in the last 2 matches.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

We all know Ledger had some things to work on - but isn't that what development is all about?

At least he is a midfielder (both inside and outside, at that) who can win his own ball - not another small forward pocket - so he brings something different to the table.

He combines well and has quick hands - and he doesn't appear to be just kicking and hoping; he seems to be making an effort to look for someone every time he kicks.
So he's on the right track.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I'll say upfront that my observations of Tom are from the not necessarily ideal location of the boundary fence at TBBO, so you miss what happens on the far side of the ground in a pack. What I had seen this year was a kid that was hard at the contest with the innate ability to find the ball in a pack. A lot. Having said that, his disposal appeared deplorable, and you would see him stationery or at walking pace immediately after nearly every contest.

He has looked a different player in the past two AFL games. The area of greatest difference is disposal. I don't know if he has been working on it (one would assume so), but he appeared to be making a conscious effort to identify a target and hit that target. I only observed on instance yesterday where he seemed to simply fire a random handpass out a pack to no-one in particular.

Given how much he can find the pill, I would keep him another year minimum, purely based on his age and the development we have already put in. If he takes his training seriously (apparently an issue) I think his improvement could be dramatic.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:We all know Ledger had some things to work on - but isn't that what development is all about?
correct. And if Pelcan is to be taken at his word, these games aren't junk time games, as all of next year will be a development year and possibly worse than this year.

If the club didn't want to develop Ledger why waste the spot on him and use it for one of the other players. Only other reason would be value for trade, but if he looks good enough to be on a list why not the Saints?
samoht wrote:At least he is a midfielder (both inside and outside, at that) who can win his own ball - not another small forward pocket - so he brings something different to the table.
For what I had seen thought it blazed away a bit with poor kicking and disposal. As Eastern says, seems to be more comfortable in the AFL, but as noted by others, better playing surface and better conditions helps
samoht wrote:He combines well and has quick hands - and he doesn't appear to be just kicking and hoping; he seems to be making an effort to look for someone every time he kicks.

As above better conditions, higher quality players making better positions, GC poor, Freo or Peel Thunder bruise free and guarding zones made it easier for everyone. Not taking anything away, but would be interesting to see him against half decent opposition.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Superboot
SS Life Member

samoht wrote: He combines well and has quick hands - and he doesn't appear to be just kicking and hoping; he seems to be making an effort to look for someone every time he kicks.
Agreed.

And he makes good decisions. Has a footy brain.