Khan Haretuku?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

manoffewwords
Club Player

Re: Khan Haretuku?

savatage wrote:Laughable that he wouldn't come back to saints. If saints wanted him back he'd be back here in a heartbeat.
I agree it's laughable but that's what he said.

He was given the opportunity to,play the last few Vfl games with frankston firsts as it might put him in front of the afl talent scouts or play for the 2 s in the finals.

He chose the twos. Interesting though doesn't look like he got what he wanted.

Mofw

Say something once why say it again?
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Ooh BJ back at the Saints.. :shock:
Smacks of desperation on our part.. A club with one flag in an eon.

A successful club would , or should, tell him to Fu** Off

He made the choice, he told our club we couldn't meet his needs, now some want to bend over and take him back.

Maybe culture does have a lot to do with it, maybe i'm still learning, be careful what you wish for, we may end up with a swinging door for mercernaries :roll:

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
saintsdisco

I can guarantee you that he would be more than happy to be back at the saints, mind you he would be happy to be picked up by Melbourne. He was very close to be drafted by the swans last year and even told him that if they didn't get Tippet then they would pick him up. He is very focused on getting back to the AFL and is working incredibly hard to do so. When Khan came to the saints as a 18 yr old from Sydney, he had only been playing the game for two years after spending his early years playing rugby. The story goes, Ross Lyon called him in and told him he wasn't good enough and told him he was cut.
He is only 22 and he is getting better every year, and who knows, maybe his hard work will pay off.... I hope so for his sake.

saintsdisco

It wasn't his choice to play two's for Frankston, he had missed a game thru a shoulder injury and came back via the 2nds and also having played a few games in the 2nds earlier in the year, due to a hamstring injury which he got in pre season, Frankston thought that qualifying him for the twos might be a good idea, it certainly wasn't his idea. Why would he forsake match payments that he receives for playing in the firsts and gets $20 for playing in the seconds.
Not sure where your getting your info manoffewwords, but they are wide of the mark.

savatage
SS Life Member

manoffewwords wrote:
savatage wrote:Laughable that he wouldn't come back to saints. If saints wanted him back he'd be back here in a heartbeat.
I agree it's laughable but that's what he said.

He was given the opportunity to,play the last few Vfl games with frankston firsts as it might put him in front of the afl talent scouts or play for the 2 s in the finals.

He chose the twos. Interesting though doesn't look like he got what he wanted.

Mofw
Mate, just so it's clear I wasn't having a dig at you.

I just think its laughable that If you really wanted a crack at the AFl , that you would knock back any opportunity.

Not to mention his main issue was with Ross Lyon and obviously hes not at the club anymore.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Firstly p66

I was answering the question as to why I thought he left the club??.... Which was the question asked???

Instead of commenting on my reply, here's another tip.... Formulate your own? That'd be a change P66 having giving his opinion, rather than opposing other....why do you think Khan would say that? Would he make it?

I then gave my opinion as to whether he'd make it...

Any opportunity I suppose... You are completely obsessed by me, I think you need to let it go....

Really your replies to my posts have little credibility because of you're obvious agenda.... You and the cronies ....

Difference between you and me on SS
I support and challenge the club
You support and defend the club

I have both eyes wide open, you have only the one....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Firstly p66

I was answering the question as to why I thought he left the club??.... Which was the question asked???

Instead of commenting on my reply, here's another tip.... Formulate your own? That'd be a change P66 having giving his opinion, rather than opposing other....why do you think Khan would say that? Would he make it?

I then gave my opinion as to whether he'd make it...

Any opportunity I suppose... You are completely obsessed by me, I think you need to let it go....

Really your replies to my posts have little credibility because of you're obvious agenda.... You and the cronies ....

Difference between you and me on SS
I support and challenge the club
You support and defend the club

I have both eyes wide open, you have only the one....

Difference between you and me. You have me on the foe list but cant ignore me. I dont have you on the foe list and can see the constant knocking of the club by you on just about every post. Another thing is if I am on you foe list like you claim how would you know what I write about the club unless it is quoted.

I support the club about issues we on here would know nothing about. You knock the club on issues we on here know nothing about. You were knocking the club about this guy. You can dress it up anyway you like.

And I love the line you and your cronies. Poor BM he is getting opicked on. take it like a man. it happens to many on here. Dont sook about it. Dont worry you will get some on your cronies sticking up for you shortly.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

OBSESSED

Every reply proves my point...

Just ignore me ld chap...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:OBSESSED

Every reply proves my point...

Just ignore me ld chap...

You commented first or because you dont quote you think others may not see that. As I said many times. Its really weird but you have me on the foe list but cant ignore me but I have never said I will ingnore some of your posts. I only quote on the ones I think are crap. You give me little option but to comment most times.

Kickit
Club Player

saintsdisco wrote:I can guarantee you that he would be more than happy to be back at the saints, mind you he would be happy to be picked up by Melbourne. He was very close to be drafted by the swans last year and even told him that if they didn't get Tippet then they would pick him up. He is very focused on getting back to the AFL and is working incredibly hard to do so. When Khan came to the saints as a 18 yr old from Sydney, he had only been playing the game for two years after spending his early years playing rugby. The story goes, Ross Lyon called him in and told him he wasn't good enough and told him he was cut.
He is only 22 and he is getting better every year, and who knows, maybe his hard work will pay off.... I hope so for his sake.
He was drafted at the end of 2007 and next season is now its 2013? 22?

Here's the VFL goal stats.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info. ... sgstat=Gls

63rd in the VFL goal kicking.
Like I said, I'd prefer 18th place Ben Brown who missed the draft in 2010 after he did an ACL. He then had OP playing for Glenorchy , followed by successful seasons at Glenorchy and Weribee.

But he's still well under the likes of Daniher, Paine, and even McBean in the VFL goalkicking.
http://werribee.starcommunity.com.au/st ... ig-chance/

saintsdisco

Manoffewwords, If the swans were thinking of drafting him at the end of last season then he must have some commodity.
David Reece Jones said he was best on ground in last years Victorian VFL side. Once again I'll say that at 22-23 he still has a lot of upside to him. He will never be another Jonathon Brown but he may be able to fill a spot much like Leigh Brown did at Collingwood. Anyway all speculation, and nothing wrong with opinions but you shouldn't be making statements on things that you aren't privy too.

Kickit
Club Player

He was born in October 1989.
That means he's about to turn 24.

manoffewwords
Club Player

saintsdisco wrote:Manoffewwords, If the swans were thinking of drafting him at the end of last season then he must have some commodity.
David Reece Jones said he was best on ground in last years Victorian VFL side. Once again I'll say that at 22-23 he still has a lot of upside to him. He will never be another Jonathon Brown but he may be able to fill a spot much like Leigh Brown did at Collingwood. Anyway all speculation, and nothing wrong with opinions but you shouldn't be making statements on things that you aren't privy too.

Hey disco where did I say he was no good, I said he had a good season. He was asked if he would play in he twos this week or the ones he chose the twos, they ended up putting him in the ones.
I think he's worth another go,in a afl team.

In fact I wold have him back at the saints.

You need to read more carefully.

Mofw.

Say something once why say it again?
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I think the Irish recruits have proven to be better players than the NSW Scholarship recruits...

That's not a good stat, I can't explain it :?:

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
saintsdisco

Mofw, how do you know that he chose the two's?