Khan Haretuku?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Khan Haretuku?

I notice the big fella's named at CHF for Franga this weekend.

How's he gone this year? At 198cm and 98kg he's a good size, any chance he can play key back as well as key forward? If so he could drop in for a couple of years and fill a hole for us.

Thoughts?

manoffewwords
Club Player

Re: Khan Haretuku?

Had a good year.

Was talk of him being re drafted again, not by us as he said he wouldn't go back to the saints.

Having said that his attitude is still soft, when given the choice takes the easy option. Pity, he could be a good prospect for someone.

Say something once why say it again?
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:I notice the big fella's named at CHF for Franga this weekend.

How's he gone this year? At 198cm and 98kg he's a good size, any chance he can play key back as well as key forward? If so he could drop in for a couple of years and fill a hole for us.

Thoughts?
It would be a good story if he could fill the gaping hole in the Saints backline..

However, it will probably pan out that he's found his level. Most of those NSW Scholarship kids didn't quite cut it .

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Tex Walker made it...

Khan is too slow... Good last year, ok this year... Big heavy bloke in the VFL

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Tex Walker made it...

Khan is too slow... Good last year, ok this year... Big heavy bloke in the VFL
That'd be one example of why I said most and not all..

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yes it is one example....

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

why did we chuka khan ?

In red white and black from 73
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

manoffewwords wrote:Had a good year.

Was talk of him being re drafted again, not by us as he said he wouldn't go back to the saints.

Having said that his attitude is still soft, when given the choice takes the easy option. Pity, he could be a good prospect for someone.
What did we do to him?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
manoffewwords wrote:Had a good year.

What did we do to him?
No idea. Not aware of his comments about us.

But I'm not sure he's really in a position to knock back an offer from any AFL club. :shock:

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

We didn't give him an opportunity and then dumped him.... After getting him down?

Not sure he would make it..... Poor mans Tom Hawkins...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:We didn't give him an opportunity and then dumped him.... After getting him down?

So is that called having a bit each way? seems to me you just have to get in the bit about bagging the club and then say he may not have been good enough anyway. its pretty simple. Some guys are drafted and the get it wrong and dont deserve a game. Every single club has players like that. Did LJ Conners deserve a game because we got him down. No he just wasnt good enough. As good as the current recruits are there will be players we got down who wont play because they just arent good enough.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:We didn't give him an opportunity and then dumped him.... After getting him down?

So is that called having a bit each way? seems to me you just have to get in the bit about bagging the club and then say he may not have been good enough anyway. its pretty simple. Some guys are drafted and the get it wrong and dont deserve a game. Every single club has players like that. Did LJ Conners deserve a game because we got him down. No he just wasnt good enough. As good as the current recruits are there will be players we got down who wont play because they just arent good enough.
Goes even further in the case of NSW Scholarship players. Totally speculative project players. It's a far bigger story if they do make it rather than if they don't.

Same thing will apply with the NZ kids.

Kickit
Club Player

I don't think he was a player who was ever going to be ready in 2 seasons.
I hate it when we take on long term project players and then get rid of them. Waste of a draft pick, and sure as hell not what Mr Development Lyon would make use of.

http://www.footballnation.com.au/afl/af ... -haretuku/

I think I'd prefer Weribee's Ben Brown ( Fwd/Ruck) but he can't play full back either I assume.
It would be silly to draft a player who plays forward in the hope that they can be an effective back.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

don't think big mart criticised the club there

seems to me that you have to get in the bit about bagging bigmart

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

don't think big mart criticised the club there

seems to me that you have to get in the bit about bagging bigmart

Seems to me you hardly ever thinks he bags the club so we both have biased opinions. That first line is having a go at the club IMO. By the way why would you care? Are you a mate or something. Im sure BM can stick up for himself.

If you think a line that says we did give him an opportunity and then dumped him isnt bagging then I am confused so you need to explain to me why it isnt bagging the club. Its bagging pure and simple.

savatage
SS Life Member

Laughable that he wouldn't come back to saints. If saints wanted him back he'd be back here in a heartbeat.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

There was a massive SA mature player last year who could play as a forward and back who's name I have forgotten and Tippett's little brother who actually would fill the FB role for us.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

We didn't give him an opportunity and dumped him - is stating what we did.

He then follows up by saying that he doubts KH would have made it anyway which implies that he thinks the club's decision was the correct one.
The question is about why KH may not want to play for us again and BM suggests an opinion as to why he may feel hard done by.

Not bagging.

I'm no huge Big M fan. I agree with some things he posts and not others. For example, I think he is lacking objectivity RE Hickey and writing him off so quickly. That being said, the guy posts threads and gives opinions about football.

Take this thread for example. Two posts relating specifically to the topic.

You don't post about football so much. A couple of forumites like yourself have got a bee in the bonnet about something he said and consistently follow him from topic to topic trying to insight pi$$ing matches. It's getting very old.

Most people at least have the sense to attack a post or an opinion, others mostly contain the banter to a specific thread.

That's all I have to say about that

luc1966
Club Player

Didn't want to make another thread wonder how Sikora been travelling

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:We didn't give him an opportunity and dumped him - is stating what we did.

He then follows up by saying that he doubts KH would have made it anyway which implies that he thinks the club's decision was the correct one.
The question is about why KH may not want to play for us again and BM suggests an opinion as to why he may feel hard done by.

Not bagging.

I'm no huge Big M fan. I agree with some things he posts and not others. For example, I think he is lacking objectivity RE Hickey and writing him off so quickly. That being said, the guy posts threads and gives opinions about football.

You don't post about football so much. A couple of forumites like yourself have got a bee in the bonnet about something he said and consistently follow him from topic to topic trying to insight pi$$ing matches. It's getting very old.

Most people at least have the sense to attack a post or an opinion, others mostly contain the banter to a specific thread.

Thank god because you are making an excuse for a person he bagged the club. My blind Daughter in law could see that. AndI post about footy more than anyone here. No doubt. % wise I may not but numbers wise I do. And again you are another person who because the guy doesnt have the courage to quote doesnt realise how he follows others aroung. very gutless. You really arent that quick on picking things up only sometimes. I think this maybe an example. All forgiven because of your feelings for BM.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
skeptic wrote:We didn't give him an opportunity and dumped him - is stating what we did.

Not bagging.

Thank god because you are making an excuse for a person he bagged the club. My blind Daughter in law could see that. AndI post about footy more than anyone here. No doubt. % wise I may not but numbers wise I do. And again you are another person who because the guy doesnt have the courage to quote doesnt realise how he follows others aroung. very gutless. You really arent that quick on picking things up only sometimes. I think this maybe an example. All forgiven because of your feelings for BM.
I thought I was the one who pots fellow posters, oh well, my bad

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Not bagging.

I thought I was the one who pots fellow posters, oh well, my bad

The difference is that is all you do. It would be interesting one day if we could find out if you knew anything about footy. We know you dont get common sense. please stop following me around.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I don't follow you around, the thing is, you never leave. And you know everything, I am trying to learn.

If I copy your style I get accused of knowing nothing or giving it to our fellow posters, I will soldier on, you are still the one I will copy.

evo
Club Player

Some Real Qwality posts here folks.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

evo wrote:Some Real Qwality posts here folks.
Yep, my bad, I shouldn't have challenged the much admired P66, the site oracle, the football guru, the thread wrecker, ooops, there I go again...

I will try harder to be a fan and to worship and I will try to post an opinion that is football related...

I can't promise that if I do it will be acknowledged, however, it might be copied or expanded on, but, the origin will hold no relevance, such is life on a footy forum that is clique driven...
oops, Britney, I did it again.

lol: