PLATINUM Members Event !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: PLATINUM Members Event !!

Eastern wrote:There were about 80 people there. Shane Wakelin opened the meeting. Michael Nettlefold is on his way to NZ to negotiate/finalize a deal to play 1 (ONE) game per year for the next 5 (FIVE) years. There could be some pre-season games over there too.

The deal with Centrebet will finish at the end of this season. Expect some announcements over summer.

Negotiations are well under way to develop Moorabbin as a Community Hub. There are also plans to use Moorabbin for our STAND ALONE VFL side from 2016.

Shane then took questions about fixture and other stuff before handing over to Chris Pelchen. Chris presented what he presented to the Board about 1 month ago. ALL of the Saints names were xxxxxxxxxxx'd out for privacy & confidentiality reasons.

Now, there were a bloody lot of figures and comparisons in what he presented and I can't remember too many of them. One area that did stick out was that there will be 4 players retire at the end of the season.

He did say that the pain of this year will continue (or could be even worse) next year. After that we will see the improvement ON the field, with 2018 being the beginning of a Golden Era.

He also said that the top 5 in this years draft will be Boyd, Aish, Scharenberg, Kelly & Billings (not in any particular order) but he does expect Boyd to go No 1 and he doesn't think that GWS are serious about trading #1. He thinks that all they are trying to do is de-stabilize other clubs

He also touched on the Ahmed Saad situation by saying that it is completely out of the clubs hands and if suspended Ahmed will not be permitted at the club during any suspension other than to give and/or receive drug councelling

I have probably missed some stuff. Others might be able to fill in the gaps and/or I might remember some more !!
Thanks Eastern

Happy to hear about Centrebet.

Someone else alluded to the fact the club is concerned about saady, and will do what they can?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
maverick wrote:Just on the unpopular decision, what could it be?

Would trading Dal definitely be that unpopular?
Could it be Chips?
Is it Milney forced into retirement?
Could Raph be coming back?

It is a bit intriguing....

For mine, I reckon it's Milney forced into retirement.....
I don't think Milney being forced into retirement will be that unpopular.

He didn't say Dal will stay... he said his extra year trigger point has been met, new contract details will be submitted to the AFL in Nov (after FA period) & that he couldn't guarantee anyone will 100% be on the list in 2014 (except for pick #3 & a tall defender!).

There were 3 or 4 names on the trade/delist column... & he stated that they will be gone no matter what- if they can't be traded, they'll be delisted. At the start of the preso he mentioned that there had been over 20 depart the club in the last 2 off seasons & there will be another 8-10 this year. 4 retirements, 4 delistings... 2 traded out?

I got the feeling that it may be Dal who leaves to find us the additional 1st round pick that is required in the 2013-2015 List Management Plan.
I expect Milne to retire personally.

He sounds quite the harsh operator.

When I apply "he stated that they will be gone no matter what- if they can't be traded, they'll be delisted" to Lenny I get irritable.

I'm hoping that it's not the case.

He is still best 22, maybe not as good as he was, but I still think good enough and he's hair ruffles to other young mids after a job well done are priceless.

Pre injury this year, he didn't miss a beat.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
stinger wrote:
Eastern wrote:
He also said that the top 5 in this years draft will be Boyd, Aish, Scharenberg, Kelly & Billings (not in any particular order) but he does expect Boyd to go No 1 and he doesn't think that GWS are serious about trading #1. He thinks that all they are trying to do is de-stabilize other clubs

!

...which is exactly what i have posted about 5 times....just sheedy being well sheedy......

..i guess the 4 retirees will be kossi, milney, blake and lenny then......
Don't be surprised if Lenny goes on and CJ retires !!

yes, ...that would be an option......also i suppose roo could pull the pin....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Hey K,

CP wasn't talking about the retirees (4 of them). He was talking about another 3 or 4 who will be traded or de-listed. On Lenny, I think it will be Lenny's call either way and I suspect that the club will want him go around again next year. I just hope that it is announced (either way) this week so that if he "calls it a day" the fans get to thank him for his service to the club !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

GoSaintersGo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:So fellow Sainters we've endured 34478 of comments from this person and he's NOT EVEN A PAID UP MEMBER !!!!!!!!!!!!

God give me strength.

As I say to a fellow employee who wants to talk Essendon (ok not so much more) and the response was "until you a fully paid up member of EFC don't even talk o me"

Ditto to you P66!

I said i will try and join next year. i had to give it up 6 years ago because of all the take away food i eat and I just couldnt afford the membership especially on top of my MCC membership and my slab of beer i buy weekly. I am certaintly going to buy the most basic membership next year. the one where you dont get into games but give them a donation. I think its about $50 a year which is a dollar a week. I will give up one can of coke a week and should be able to afford it.
Plugger66, you are the lowest type of individual to contribute to this site who thinks nothing more than your own excrement (in case you don't know, that is useless matter discharged from animals or if you like, just plain SH1T) and therefore please don't join the StKFC next year because : 1 - we members don't want our standards lowered to your level thanks, and 2 - in fact, go join Essendope as you fit their criteria.
You got reeled in like a fish swallowing the bait. :)

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Sainter K.... Thats definitely not the case with Lenny... the delist/trade list would be reasonably easy to work out (4 names).

They want Lenny to continue as far as I can ascertain.

CP came across as a lot warmer than his public persona... some great anecdotes, laughs & a very entertaining presenter. He is without doubt an outstanding operator but I loved his mantra that he learnt from Yabby "we are mere custodians of this club & no person is more important than the club".

As Eastern & I mentioned before, Yabby's final request to CP that he "look after my Saints" & Chris' emotional re-telling of that exchange showed to me that this man has made a 2nd St Kilda Premiership a very personal quest... not merely a job to further grow his reputation.

I can't believe how lucky we are to have him on board.

I'm going to stick fat & back him to the hilt.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
I'm going to stick fat & back him to the hilt.
after last night, i'm with you there mate.....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thanks guys.

Sounds compelling listening.

Appreciate you sharing.

I hope CP has another wonder list in him, guess I was put off by a few of his initial decisions, but I certainly want him to succeed.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
There were 3 or 4 names on the trade/delist column... & he stated that they will be gone no matter what- if they can't be traded, they'll be delisted. At the start of the preso he mentioned that there had been over 20 depart the club in the last 2 off seasons & there will be another 8-10 this year. 4 retirements, 4 delistings... 2 traded out?
no way they would delist dal........reckon that ledger will be one of them though.....

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-20/s ... first-pick
Head of football Chris Pelchen addressed a small group of premium club members on Monday night, where it is understood he touched on a number of the Saints' key draft and trade plans.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
defacto
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:
no way they would delist dal........reckon that ledger will be one of them though.....
RETIRE:
Blake
Kozi
Milne
Hayes

DELIST
Ledger
Lever

having written that i wonder if that took into account the rookie list?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-20/s ... first-pick
Head of football Chris Pelchen addressed a small group of premium club members on Monday night, where it is understood he touched on a number of the Saints' key draft and trade plans.
I'm guessing that Nathan Schmook did ALL his research for that article in this thread !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

And a big shout out to all the journalists doing the hard yards by cruising fan forums on the net.

Give you all a free tip. Wedge your oversized arse out of the office chair and put some miles on the shoe leather. Maybe meet some people for coffee and a chat. You know, actually do your job.......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
evo
Club Player

maverick wrote:Just on the unpopular decision, what could it be?

Would trading Dal definitely be that unpopular?
Could it be Chips?
Is it Milney forced into retirement?
Could Raph be coming back?

It is a bit intriguing....

For mine, I reckon it's Milney forced into retirement.....
Could it be trading one of Armo/ Ben/ Geary, also on pick 3 not being traded other than for the "Godfather deal" would that preclude upgrading to pick 1 ??

southernsaint
Club Player

Thank you very much for the feedback

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so obviously kozi blake milne and lenny will retire

shame about lendog
heard a twinkling they might cap the rotations off the bench again next year
could this have something to do with it perhaps????

wouldnt mind getting over for the last home game this year but its not going to happen

im seriously spewing i wont see len dogs last game
even tried talking the misses into the straight there watch the game straight home routine in the car....wouldnt have a bar of it
:evil: :evil: :evil:

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Hearing CJ wanting to go on next year must mean one of the four retirements is Lenny.
Shame, but I suppose we will never be ready.....

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:Hearing CJ wanting to go on next year must mean one of the four retirements is Lenny.

Wanting to is differant to be being able to though.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:Hearing CJ wanting to go on next year must mean one of the four retirements is Lenny.

I wouldnt take the figures Pelchan mentioned to heart to much. I am pretty sure Lenny doesnt know what he wants to do yet but I do know the club want him to play on and that has come from someone I trust.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I wouldnt take the figures Pelchan mentioned to heart to much. I am pretty sure Lenny doesnt know what he wants to do yet but I do know the club want him to play on and that has come from someone I trust.
Good, one more year is required, he certainly is up to it ability wise....
Another year like this year is perfect for the club...hopefully for Lenny too....

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

What's a platinum member? I'm only a scummy gold member.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:What's a platinum member? I'm only a scummy gold member.
20-29 years !!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
SaintPav wrote:What's a platinum member? I'm only a scummy gold member.
20-29 years !!

Thanks Eastern.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Good, one more year is required, he certainly is up to it ability wise....
Another year like this year is perfect for the club...hopefully for Lenny too....

and Lenny rolls on again....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
chook23
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Eastern wrote:There were about 80 people there. Shane Wakelin opened the meeting. Michael Nettlefold is on his way to NZ to negotiate/finalize a deal to play 1 (ONE) game per year for the next 5 (FIVE) years. There could be some pre-season games over there too.

The deal with Centrebet will finish at the end of this season. Expect some announcements over summer.

Negotiations are well under way to develop Moorabbin as a Community Hub. There are also plans to use Moorabbin for our STAND ALONE VFL side from 2016.

Shane then took questions about fixture and other stuff before handing over to Chris Pelchen. Chris presented what he presented to the Board about 1 month ago. ALL of the Saints names were xxxxxxxxxxx'd out for privacy & confidentiality reasons.

Now, there were a bloody lot of figures and comparisons in what he presented and I can't remember too many of them. One area that did stick out was that there will be 4 players retire at the end of the season.

He did say that the pain of this year will continue (or could be even worse) next year. After that we will see the improvement ON the field, with 2018 being the beginning of a Golden Era.

He also touched on the Ahmed Saad situation by saying that it is completely out of the clubs hands and if suspended Ahmed will not be permitted at the club during any suspension other than to give and/or receive drug councelling

I have probably missed some stuff. Others might be able to fill in the gaps and/or I might remember some more !!
Thanks Eastern

Happy to hear about Centrebet.

Someone else alluded to the fact the club is concerned about saady, and will do what they can?
Confirming centrebet will finish

http://www.bandt.com.au/news/digital/wi ... ngbet-an-1

saint4life