Will Kosi play against GC or Freo?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Will Kosi play against GC or Freo?

Bernard Shakey wrote:
desertsaint wrote:Hope we give Kosi, Milney, Blake, and Lenny a win to send them off. So play them all next week as a goodbye. If we lose we'll do it all again the next week!
And lose again!
not if we can find where the dockers eat dinner (worked for the springboks).

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Cotton wool until round 23. Same goes with Lenny. I think the wrecking ball has taken its toll. If he does play on we'd be lucky to get half a season from him.
Milne and Blake too. I'd expect after the GC match there will be some announcements, and four greats will be chaired off in round 23. Over 1000 games of blood, sweat and tears (mainly muscle tears with Kosi ;) .

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
desertsaint wrote:Hope we give Kosi, Milney, Blake, and Lenny a win to send them off. So play them all next week as a goodbye. If we lose we'll do it all again the next week!
And lose again!
That wouldn't stop them. Freo could play in wheelchairs with 14 in the side and still potentially knock us of.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
spert
Saintsational Legend

Kosi might find it hard to break into a team which has benn clobbered by a total of 18 goals in its last two games?

Kickit
Club Player

Gee it would be bad if he accidently knocked the living s*** out of Ballantyne.
The club would be obliged to dump him for the 2014 season if he performed such an act.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
desertsaint wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
And lose again!
That wouldn't stop them. Freo could play in wheelchairs with 14 in the side and still potentially knock us of.
We would be competitive for a half though. :wink:

Play him against Freo, let him loose with nothing to worry about from the MRP.
As I said in another post, how much would it be worth for him to accidently knock RL over at quarter or 3 quarter time.
Other benefit, might get a few of Fremantle's hot heads reported and rubbed out for their finals campaign.
Not that I am the vindictive type.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

...if they don't play him this week....do we still have a grandstand somewhere that i can burn down....???? :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Play him against Freo, let him loose with nothing to worry about from the MRP.
As I said in another post, how much would it be worth for him to accidently knock RL over at quarter or 3 quarter time.
Other benefit, might get a few of Fremantle's hot heads reported and rubbed out for their finals campaign.

Unlike some here im pretty sure kosi still rates RL and would be very happy if they won the flag. Anyway back on topic. Kosi has to play the moment he is fit enough and if its this week then he plays. no point in him not playing this week if fit as he will probably injure himself at training and then wont play 200 games.

Kickit
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:Play him against Freo, let him loose with nothing to worry about from the MRP.

Unlike some here im pretty sure kosi still rates RL and would be very happy if they won the flag. Anyway back on topic. Kosi has to play the moment he is fit enough and if its this week then he plays. no point in him not playing this week if fit as he will probably injure himself at training and then wont play 200 games.
Lets tell him to run up to Lyon and give him a big Hi5 then. :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
And lose again!
in the mid sixties, when i was living in tassie, i flew over to melbourne to watch a saints match......i was staying at the hotel london in elizabeth street...........a group of very large drunk men kept me awake all night...running up and down the corridors......they tried to get me to have a drink with them.......i was still a teenager and wary of such unruly people.. i declined...still i didn't get any sleep and was very tired watching the saints play.....to say i was pissed off with those guys would be an understatement.....someone told me they were a team of seth african footballers called the springboks...i had never heard of them...and knew even less about rugby union.....

a few years later i was in canberra when someone asked me about the standard of union in victoria...i said i didn't know if or where it was ever played.......the guys i was with thought that i was joking stating that a couple of years before the victorian rugby union side had beaten the best rugby union side in the world.......i asked what were they called....on being told the springboks and the year victoria defeated them, a light suddenly shown in my brain.......those guys were not amused when i told them ..no wonder...those guys didn't go to bed all night and would have been either hung over or still pissed during the game......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Stinger - that is a pretty funny story.
Well worth telling.

Am i missing something relating to the big Kos?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I hope so...

mordi
Club Player

in the mid sixties, when i was living in tassie, i flew over to melbourne to watch a saints match......i was staying at the hotel london in elizabeth street...........a group of very large drunk men kept me awake all night...running up and down the corridors......they tried to get me to have a drink with them.......i was still a teenager and wary of such unruly people.. i declined...still i didn't get any sleep and was very tired watching the saints play.....to say i was pissed off with those guys would be an understatement.....someone told me they were a team of seth african footballers called the springboks...i had never heard of them...and knew even less about rugby union.....

a few years later i was in canberra when someone asked me about the standard of union in victoria...i said i didn't know if or where it was ever played.......the guys i was with thought that i was joking stating that a couple of years before the victorian rugby union side had beaten the best rugby union side in the world.......i asked what were they called....on being told the springboks and the year victoria defeated them, a light suddenly shown in my brain.......those guys were not amused when i told them ..no wonder...those guys didn't go to bed all night and would have been either hung over or still pissed during the game......[/quote]

Interesting tour, belted by the regional teams, then win the games that count;

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1965_Sou ... ustralasia

What's the Point of it All?
darylcowie
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:If he is fit, he should be given one game to reach 200. We have a chance of beating GC but not Freo, so I would make it against GC. It's remarkable how these milestone games can lift the team.
More intriguing than when Kosi will play (probably against Freo) is where he will play, perhaps as a sub in the ruck to give McEvoy or Hickey a break once the heat has gone out of the game (probably after half time, perhaps sooner!).

He is more likely to reinjure his calf if he plays as a forward than a ruckman due to the nature of repeated explosive leading as a forward vs endurance running as a ruckman.

That way if he gets injured again we can just sub him on and off again, oh bugger, you can't sub off the sub can you? :shock:

its time to make a name for yourself like you've never made before!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

darylcowie wrote: He is more likely to reinjure his calf if he plays as a forward than a ruckman due to the nature of repeated explosive leading as a forward vs endurance running as a ruckman.
I thought we were talking about Kosi? Surely you're talking about Roo!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Freo

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Freo

I would say so considering the club said one more week.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Kosi is not the sort of Giy who goes the knuckle.... Besides a clumsy elbow, he's always been pretty much a ball player with courage. Often hurts himself, or Nick more than opponents. He's no wild man, but he is indeed courageous....

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Kosi "has to" be picked for the Freo match :!:

We are too far down to be worried about form. With his contribution to the Club over the years, he deserves to be carried over the line. Geelong did it for Sam Newman (300th) many years ago - he sat on the bench, when they didn't have rotations.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I say it'll be against Freo :lol: :lol:

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.