Carlton

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlton

BakesFan wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SAAD wrote:We will win a flag before Carlton do

I hope you are young.

I hope you grow up to have as much faith in our club as SAAD does...

I happen to think we'll win a Flag before the Brown-baggers do, too.

I actually didnt say we wouldnt. And it was a bit of a joke but one flag in 140 years and 2 friggin impossibly unlucky loses suggests it could be a long time. very happy to be proved wrong.

SAAD
Club Player

LOL

I remember hearing Finey talking maybe last year or the year before saying that Carlton would win a flag before we do...after this year I think we will before they do...even though our next flag or chance of a flag is 5-7 years away...

I'm 27 by the way so I hope I can see at least one! That being said there would be Saints supporters aged 46 who have not seen one and Doggies supporters aged 58 who have not seen one!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SAAD wrote:LOL

I remember hearing Finey talking maybe last year or the year before saying that Carlton would win a flag before we do...after this year I think we will before they do...even though our next flag or chance of a flag is 5-7 years away...

I'm 27 by the way so I hope I can see at least one! That being said there would be Saints supporters aged 46 who have not seen one and Doggies supporters aged 58 who have not seen one!

Im 51 and havent seen one. I was alive but pretty hard to claim anything when you are 4 years old.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

No idea who will get there first out of us and blues but they look miles off it.
Can't see them getting one from here .
They are stuck in mediocrity.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SAAD wrote:LOL

Im 51 and havent seen one. I was alive but pretty hard to claim anything when you are 4 years old.
Same here

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I just want a premiership for us.

I derive some mild joy from their ineptitude at these dark times, however.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:No idea who will get there first out of us and blues but they look miles off it.
Agree,

The Blues have missed their window and their great Judd deal will have come to naught.

The way Kennedy is shaping up WCE will probably get the best of the deal.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:At the moment my pain at some of our losses is receiving salve in the form of Carlton's situation. In some respects that makes me sad :( ; to be finding positives in another's suffering, but then after some of the schitt I had to hear coming from Carlton supporters in 2000 & 2001 directed toward myself and my club, I'm taking the "treatment" with some relish! Seriously though folks, they have been underachieving for a decade or more now, and seem to get a smooth ride from the media etc. With a dual-premiership coach (Pagan) appointed in 2003 they were going to set the world on fire; he ended up a demoralized and broken man. Same story with Ratten, plenty of "promise" but ultimately sweet fanny adams for the "favourite son". Now we see Michael Malthouse enter the fray.....perhaps to be another member of the coaches graveyard that is currently Optus Schitthole!
Post of the year!

LET THEM ROT.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

"LET THEM ROT"? fair comment, but me? I say: Let them eat whatever it was they were "cooking" a season or two back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote: Im 51 and havent seen one. I was alive but pretty hard to claim anything when you are 4 years old.
Same here[/quote]

Me too. I remember my Dad standing in the garage listening to the radio crying, but I didn't understand it when I'd just turned 5.
And yep, long may Carlton suffer. They can shrink and die.

Kickit
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:No idea who will get there first out of us and blues but they look miles off it.
Agree,

The Blues have missed their window and their great Judd deal will have come to naught.

The way Kennedy is shaping up WCE will probably get the best of the deal.
Haha they probably could have pipped StKilda and offered pick 20 for Dempster and Schnieder. They could have got Masten for pick 3, or Dangerfield.

West Coast win even with Tony Notte ( pick 20 )crashing out. Masten + Kennedy 2013 > Judd 2013

Then the following year Freo got Nick Suban from the Warnock trade. Warnock missed a year, then played 2 seasons and now he's "depth".
Meanwhile Suban may well play his hundredth next year.

The following year they traded their first rounder on Brock McLean, still playing well, but he will be 28 next year.

The following year they swapped Grigg (Playing well at Richmond ) for Collins ( Delisted ).
Geelong got Tom McDonald with the pick that was part of the Laidler trade.

Scotland is 33. Waite is 30 Carazzo and Simpson are 29
Eddie Betts is asking for megabucks.

Will they top up and spud it up again, or will they start their rebuild somewhere behind StKilda?
I'm lovin it.

Its great that they are actually doing a worse job at list management than StKilda under Ross Lyon.