Trio Re-sign For Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Trio Re-sign For Saints

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Trio Re-sign For Saints

"ST KILDA trio Farren Ray, Beau Maister and Terry Milera have given the Saints a show of faith by agreeing to contract extensions...."

There's quite a few posts floating around the forum suggesting the latter two may have been given, or should be given, the flick at the end of 2013.

Interesting.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:"ST KILDA trio Farren Ray, Beau Maister and Terry Milera have given the Saints a show of faith by agreeing to contract extensions...."

There's quite a few posts floating around the forum suggesting the latter two may have been given, or should be given, the flick at the end of 2013.

Interesting.
Clearly, those at the club DON'T know as much as some on here :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I reckon Milera has the ability to become a very good player for us. Needs to work hard on his rehab and strength.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Milera is the interesting one for mine. Beau was always staying, purely as a mature KP player, we need him. Not a superstar but the type we need during a list transition.

Milera could be anything. Good pace and great natural skills, has a LOT of scope for further development. The "go home" factor for his partner has been mentioned a few times, and that has now obvioiusly been resolved as an issue. The bloke can seriously play, and given that Milne will probably go at years end, Schneider's body has been notoriously fragile in recent times, and there is a cloud is hanging over Saad, Milera has became more important structurally for us next year.

I think Minchington also has a future as a small forward that can go through the midfield, but Milera is much further along in his development.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Not happy re the virus getting two years.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
savatage
SS Life Member

I'm happy with all of that.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Faz coming good helps our list age enormously

busso mick
Club Player

True Believer wrote:Milera is the interesting one for mine. Beau was always staying, purely as a mature KP player, we need him. Not a superstar but the type we need during a list transition.

Milera could be anything. Good pace and great natural skills, has a LOT of scope for further development. The "go home" factor for his partner has been mentioned a few times, and that has now obvioiusly been resolved as an issue. The bloke can seriously play, and given that Milne will probably go at years end, Schneider's body has been notoriously fragile in recent times, and there is a cloud is hanging over Saad, Milera has became more important structurally for us next year.

I think Minchington also has a future as a small forward that can go through the midfield, but Milera is much further along in his development.
I agree there TB about Milera. I think the "go home" factor affected his form this year, and in light of the Milne and Saad issues his value to us has escalated. If he can recapture his first year form where he was very committed to the contest he will be very useful to us. Maybe getting the full support of the club while he is rehab has been a factor as well.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Really happy for Terry. Hope he proves a few experts wrong. Well done to the other 2 boys as well.

A nice bit of positive news. I think T Milera can still be a good player for us. Farren Ray staying put is also excellent news. Beau Maister likewise can become an important part of our side moving forward. Good onya Saints!!! :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Jarred
Club Player

Great news.... Glad the list managers didnt take this forums advice on the contracts of these guys!

:lol: :P :wink:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

you know folks, I've a feeling that the list management at the club during this next couple of seasons is going to see us becoming MUCH improved!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=77725
The list of uncontracted is shrinking
Lenny Hayes
Stephen Milne
Nick Dal Santo _ clause for 2014
Tom Simpkin
Clint Jones

Sean Dempster - Could have got 3 years as was talk of 2 or 3 year deal
Jay Lever
Jason Blake - signed for 2013
Kosi - believed contract extension kicked in
Adam Schneider
Tom Ledger - re signed for 2013

Retained Category A Rookies

Tom Curren
-upgraded for LTI July 2013
Darren Minchington
Cameron Shenton

Jordan Staley

Retained Category B Rookie

Jackson Ferguson - upgraded for LTI in May 2013- Injured June 2013

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
dragit
Saintsational Legend

busso mick wrote:
True Believer wrote:Milera is the interesting one for mine. Beau was always staying, purely as a mature KP player, we need him. Not a superstar but the type we need during a list transition.

I agree there TB about Milera. I think the "go home" factor affected his form this year, and in light of the Milne and Saad issues his value to us has escalated. If he can recapture his first year form where he was very committed to the contest he will be very useful to us. Maybe getting the full support of the club while he is rehab has been a factor as well.
Maybe neither of port or Adelaide were interested... Makes the decision to stay a lot easier. Hope he grows into his potential, obviously has some mad skills.

All three are good for our list right now.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Very strange move re-signing Milera for two years. He's got way too many holes in his game and hasn't improved in 18 months. Perhaps this means that the club is convinced both Milne and Saad are gone. Two years of ferocious tackling and consistent performances from Milera and TDL coming?

70s sainter
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:Very strange move re-signing Milera for two years. He's got way too many holes in his game and hasn't improved in 18 months. Perhaps this means that the club is convinced both Milne and Saad are gone. Two years of ferocious tackling and consistent performances from Milera and TDL coming?
I doupt it- I get the feeling saad has saved milera .

Richter
SS Life Member

mad saint guy wrote:Very strange move re-signing Milera for two years. He's got way too many holes in his game and hasn't improved in 18 months. Perhaps this means that the club is convinced both Milne and Saad are gone. Two years of ferocious tackling and consistent performances from Milera and TDL coming?
It's the only thing that could have saved him. I'm pretty staggered as I thought he was out of the door.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:"ST KILDA trio Farren Ray, Beau Maister and Terry Milera have given the Saints a show of faith by agreeing to contract extensions...."

Interesting.
Given the saints a show of faith?

Thats a little rich

I think they would all be counting their lucky stars that the Saints have a massive gap in their 23-28yo age group by not recruiting for 5 years.

If if wasnt for that these three guys would be playing wafl/sanfl.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
It's the only thing that could have saved him. I'm pretty staggered as I thought he was out of the door.

+ 1
I think Milney is gone and Saad could well be gone too.

Saved Milera's bacon.

Seriously Id lock TDL and Milera in the gym for 6 months with protein powder (wada compliant) and weights . they both need to bulk up. given they are both small fwds and cant play midfield they dont need to run that much anyway but they do need to be able to scrap and tackle and get in the way of defenders more often.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Con Gorozidis wrote:
+ 1

Saved Milera's bacon.

Seriously Id lock TDL and Milera in the gym for 6 months with protein powder (wada compliant) and weights . they both need to bulk up. given they are both small fwds and cant play midfield they dont need to run that much anyway but they do need to be able to scrap and tackle and get in the way of defenders more often.
I thikn you need to watch more footy. One thing that both Milera and TDL do reasonably well is get up and down the field. Generally via running. I would argue that Milera's burst speed is one of his biggest assets.
When he is on, he is offensively very good. His big issue is defensive pressure. If he can pick that up, he will be the best of them.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

One thing that both Milera and TDL do reasonably well is get up and down the field. Generally via running. I would argue that Milera's burst speed is one of his biggest assets.
When he is on, he is offensively very good. His big issue is defensive pressure. If he can pick that up, he will be the best of them.
I'd say his inability to win enough of the ball, his lack of strength to win contests, his lack of courage and his inconsistent execution of basic skills are equally concerning as his poor defensive pressure.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Milera needs a serious firecracker up his a$$ and grab this opportunity he has as a mature age player at the top level with both hands... The next 5/6 years of footy can set him up for life... Does he want that enough?

He has all the tools... His brain is what needs re-wiring.. He needs the urgency and aggression that Walters and Bellendtine show a small forwards.. Can that be taught into his game in the mid-20's... We'll see, but ability wise, he's on par with Walters and above Bellendtine.. I have the most hope for him out of the 3 we have including TDL and Saad... He's the only one who may make it...

Big show of faith, it's his turn now...

St Loxton
Club Player

good news, reckon ray is good value
with another solid pre-season maister could be even better, more stamina and strength in marking, could still be a 50 goal player for us.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
+ 1

Saved Milera's bacon.

I thikn you need to watch more footy. One thing that both Milera and TDL do reasonably well is get up and down the field. Generally via running. I would argue that Milera's burst speed is one of his biggest assets.
what?
didnt we both make the exact same point - about defensive pressure?