Tom Ledger??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tom Ledger??

I dont think he's not being played for no good reason but i find the coaches inability to address whatever the issue is extremely frustrating

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

After watching Hutchings at WC and Lynch at the Crows redirect their careers after being given the boot by the saints maybe we should have one more look at Ledge!

PADDLEPOP1000
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Paddlepop1001 said :
After watching Hutchings at WC and Lynch at the Crows redirect their careers after being given the boot by the saints maybe we should have one more look at Ledge!
Good point. From a ladder peespective, we can certainly afford to take a look at Ledger over a few consecutive games. That will be a "real world" indicator.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

But we really need CJ to keep guys like Rich to only 3 goals in a half… no room for a young mid who is getting 30 touches every week.

Kickit
Club Player

Even if we don't want him going forward, give him a run in the AFL, let him rack up some dream team points and maybe we can get something for him in trade.
If its only a late pick it can still be worth something bundled with other trades.
At the moment it looks like we'll delist him for nothing.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Jack Steven ..... Ball winner, terrible kick

Tom Ledger ..... Ball winner, Terrible kick

Albeit at different levels, but can they be compared.... I would suggest Tom is the VFL version of Jack.... In fact the gamevs Geelong you are talking about, was almost mirrored By Tom the next day vs Geelong in the VFL.... When Sandy got beat by 100

So can you can compare them.... I would think so?

Is Jack playing at a higher standard..... I would think so?

I didn't compare the as footballers, I pointed out that kicking is not a great excuse because we have butchers in the seniors... Of which Jack is one.... They have similar playing styles

Is Tom 2 & 1/2 years younger than Jack..... Yes

Do I HATE Jack Steven?
No, I reckon he's a good player, as his B&F finish will suggest..... The hero worshipping does astound me, especially to the point where his OBVIOUS issues are refuted.... Are we that devoid of young talent that when we get an OK youngish player we are smitten by him??
He wins lots of ball, He turns it over a lot, he thinks defence is what's around the ground.... But he has great work rate...

So good player.... Yes

My idol...... No

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Jack Steven ..... Ball winner, terrible kick

Albeit at different levels, but can they be compared.... I would suggest Tom is the VFL version of Jack.... In fact the gamevs Geelong you are talking about, was almost mirrored By Tom the next day vs Geelong in the VFL.... When Sandy got beat by 100

I didn't compare the as footballers, I pointed out that kicking is not a great excuse because we have butchers in the seniors... Of which Jack is one.... They have similar playing styles

Do I HATE Jack Steven?
No, I reckon he's a good player, as his B&F finish will suggest..... The hero worshipping does astound me, especially to the point where his OBVIOUS issues are refuted.... Are we that devoid of young talent that when we get an OK youngish player we are smitten by him??
He wins lots of ball, He turns it over a lot, he thinks defence is what's around the ground.... But he has great work rate...

So good player.... Yes

My idol...... No

Jack Steven. Terrible kick. What a lot of rubbish. he has improved so much this year but because you cant say the word wrrr you will keep going on about it. Afterall just 2 weeks ago you only rated him a fair player. Now that is a real lack of footy knowledge. I notice he went at 88% efficenty last game and that was his worst game for about 6 weeks. That really proves that efficenty isnt the be all and end all of a very good player. I also noticed that 2 weeks after rating him a fair player you now rate him a good player.

And im sure he is happy to hear you dont HATE him. probably as happy as Shenton and Staley.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hmm...

Can only wonder, let me guess

Some unsubstantiated comments, untruths and ridiculous statements.... A bit of redirection in a attempt to discredit??

How did I go?
Or perhaps it wasn't even referring to me, considering your a 'foe' ..... But some how I doubt it....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Hmm...

Can only wonder, let me guess

Some unsubstantiated comments, untruths and ridiculous statements.... A bit of redirection in a attempt to discredit??

How did I go?
Or perhaps it wasn't even referring to me, considering your a 'foe' ..... But some how I doubt it....

For a person who has me on ignore you really struggle to ignore me. Its so strange. For others I was just pointing out how silly you post was. i think people are allowed to do that.

defacto
Club Player

Do I HATE Jack Steven?

So good player.... Yes

My idol...... No
lol so were comparing jack steven to tom ledger now

tom ledger doesnt have anywhere near the potential that jack had showed early on

jack also follows the coaches instruction

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:

Do I HATE Jack Steven?

So good player.... Yes

My idol...... No
lol so were comparing jack steven to tom ledger now

tom ledger doesnt have anywhere near the potential that jack had showed early on

jack also follows the coaches instruction
See this i dont like. Jack was never a world beater in the VFL either... In fact, of the 2, Tom VFL form is better than Jack's was. Jack earnt his shot and developed. He has weaknesses but has worked on them.

Apparently Tom hasn't earnt a shot n wont get that chance.

And we're all cool with it.

But our player development isnt the issue, the drafting is

Middo
Club Player

Lets hope the coach finally backs in Ledger and gives him a shot this week.
Think he may prove a few experts wrong...

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Andreous
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:St Ick, everything you say above is probably correct.

However, given where we lie this season and given we are giving games to kids who are having only 2 or 3 kicks, I reckon the Ledge deserves a run in the seniors. If he butchers it; if he's delisted at the end if the year, so be it.

I fully agree. What is there to lose. Give him a chance to earn his spot on the list next year.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:[
See this i dont like. Jack was never a world beater in the VFL either... In fact, of the 2, Tom VFL form is better than Jack's was. Jack earnt his shot and developed. He has weaknesses but has worked on them.

Apparently Tom hasn't earnt a shot n wont get that chance.

And we're all cool with it.

But our player development isnt the issue, the drafting is
So Skeptic,
Let's pretend you are the Senior Coach and when it comes to picking this week's side Ledger's name is thrown up.
You ask the question of the Sandringham coach
'Has he improved in the area(s) we asked/told him to work on'?
Sandringahma coach replies 'No, he refuses to work on it'.

Do you pick him to p[lay?????

Before everybody gets up in arms over this, it is just a hypothetical from me to Skeptic because I've gotten the impression from his posts that he wants Ledger picked immaterial of any reason.
(I may have misunderstood Skeptic's posts)

westcoast
Club Player

Urgh watch the game from the weekend, hits targets both feet fine.. Probably blazes a bit much sometimes but technically is a good kick... Kicked a goal from 65 on his non preferred. Watch the game, yes some poor kicks but the majority are fine. Always been a good kick at afl just robbed of opportunity by Watters

rexy
SS Life Member

Tom Ledger must be picked this week, regardless of any of the suggestions otherwise on here, to prove that he's not good enough if not to give him a chance to be good enough!
Selections of Sippos and Saad in the last 2 weeks devalue what it means to be selected by a 100+ year old footy club!

Maybe this year?
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:Tom Ledger must be picked this week, regardless of any of the suggestions otherwise on here, to prove that he's not good enough if not to give him a chance to be good enough!
Selections of Sippos and Saad in the last 2 weeks devalue what it means to be selected by a 100+ year old footy club!

So we gift games to a bloke that is an absolute selfish butcher?

And again BM comparing Ledger to Jack Steven.

My God. Absolutely unbelievable.

Maybe Ledger can goa nd join the other gereat white hope of the desperate Saints support, Tommy Walsh up in Sydney.

I am sure he would kill it at North Shore or St.Ives.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rexy
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
rexy wrote:Tom Ledger must be picked this week, regardless of any of the suggestions otherwise on here, to prove that he's not good enough if not to give him a chance to be good enough!

So we gift games to a bloke that is an absolute selfish butcher?

And again BM comparing Ledger to Jack Steven.

My God. Absolutely unbelievable.

Maybe Ledger can goa nd join the other gereat white hope of the desperate Saints support, Tommy Walsh up in Sydney.

I am sure he would kill it at North Shore or St.Ives.
Not sure how you can gift games to a bloke averaging 30?

Not sure where I mentioned Jack?

I'm not desperate, I believe form should be rewarded!

The club seems desperate for Sipposs to succeed without working hard though, I hope he succeeds the correct way personally!

Maybe this year?
Greg T
Club Player

westcoast wrote:Urgh watch the game from the weekend, hits targets both feet fine.. Probably blazes a bit much sometimes but technically is a good kick... Kicked a goal from 65 on his non preferred. Watch the game, yes some poor kicks but the majority are fine. Always been a good kick at afl just robbed of opportunity by Watters
Maybe will handle him like he did BJ .....Hopefully not ....

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:But we really need CJ to keep guys like Rich to only 3 goals in a half… no room for a young mid who is getting 30 touches every week.

CJ was very good on Rich no player would have stopped two of those goals.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
dragit
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
dragit wrote:But we really need CJ to keep guys like Rich to only 3 goals in a half… no room for a young mid who is getting 30 touches every week.

CJ was very good on Rich no player would have stopped two of those goals.
Pffft… Rich had 19 touches… his average for the year… plus kicked 3 goals. That's a loss.

Here's hoping CJ can keep Mitchell to 38 and 2 goals this week… in another shut down epic.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

A two on one situation where Jones was blocked and Rich converted from 60 and the other a kick from the middle. Jones did what he could.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So we're absolutely certain Tom L REFUSES to work on aspects of his game.... Of which Simon McPhee is a huge wrap!!

That's just making stuff up??

How do we know he's selfish?? I'd like to have a source???

Really, just apologists trying to justify selection comedy..... He deserves a game, can't even mount a reasonable case otherwise.... Except for the fact, he's out of favour with stamped papers...

And why just mention Tom Walsh, why not Tom Lynch also??

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Unless he's got an attitude problem we don't know about, I'm stumped.

Bad management is bad management
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

A few posters on here seem to know??

Apparently
He refuses to improve areas and is a selfish prick

Or

they think they know, and really have no idea and are just trying to justify his lack of selection opportunity??

I wonder which is true