James Aish

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Re: James Aish

Jimmy O'Dea wrote:
This is a hard draft as there are no real stand out elite mids like an O'Meara so I am trying to reduce the risk of us getting a poor outcome with such a high draft pick. I can only judge on what I have seen so will take your lead on Aish being much better than his champs form. If we don't improve next year I hope we finish bottom as I have had a look at Patrick McCartin a few times and wow this kid is a powerhouse. A fit and healthy plugger just smashing the packs, clunking marks and kicking goals. I am sure he will be the talk of the 2014 draft.
There was one even better than O'Meara, but he is already on Gold Coasts list :( I know what you mean, there seems so be some sort of knock on most players in the top ten, whether its a Scharenberg/Billings type who may or may not be mids in the future, or whether they are one sided, or too light, or too short, I guess we can sleep easily knowing that Pelchin came out and said that our drafting process is the most advanced he has seen in his time in AFL (or words to that effect).

Where would you place McCartin? Would he be there at our third rounder? I have my heart set on a sliding mid with our second rounder.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:We will get pick 4 though.
We will get pick 3.
We are pretty bad.
Melbourne might get an extra pick. Im thinking 2 19 21 would be fair for them.

Then gws get 1 and 20 and we get 3 and 22.

Aish gun.

Im not convinced about Tom Boyd.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully can provide some spark and fire up. Maybe get him mentored by Greg Burns.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We will get pick 4 though.
We will get pick 3.
We are pretty bad.
Melbourne might get an extra pick. Im thinking 2 19 21 would be fair for them.

Then gws get 1 and 20 and we get 3 and 22.

Aish gun.

Im not convinced about Tom Boyd.
Wow, Con, I'm in agreeance. Somewhat...

Tom Boyd worries me a little, if they werent father sons, Cloke, Hawkins and Daniher were touted as #1 picks. Then you have Watts, Patton, Roo, Kosi, Kreuzer Niknat who are all top two talls.

Whilst its not an exact science, most of these guys can turn games but also provide huge amounts of frustration for their fans. Now I think someone like Hawkins would be a bust for Geelong if he had that #1 tag, end of the day, the wraps on Boyd are bigger than I've seen on anyone - but I still don't think he is a sure thing to be the greatest FF that ever lived, will Aish be a triple brownlow medalist, probably not, but we hopefully wont have to sell our soul for Aish

Strength through Loyalty
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote:Melbourne should not be participating in this draft at all, i.e. we should get pick 2, if the AFL was serious about tanking.
There is no way the AFL can justify giving them a priority after letting the tanking slide.
Do you want them to fold? I can guarantee that the AFL doesn't and neither do St Kilda, Collingwood or any of the other clubs. 17 teams means a lot less TV money for everyone. It's one in, all in - no matter how Melbourne got into this situation, they have to get back out of it.

Jimmy O'Dea
Club Player

St Ick wrote:
Jimmy O'Dea wrote:
This is a hard draft as there are no real stand out elite mids like an O'Meara so I am trying to reduce the risk of us getting a poor outcome with such a high draft pick. I can only judge on what I have seen so will take your lead on Aish being much better than his champs form. If we don't improve next year I hope we finish bottom as I have had a look at Patrick McCartin a few times and wow this kid is a powerhouse. A fit and healthy plugger just smashing the packs, clunking marks and kicking goals. I am sure he will be the talk of the 2014 draft.
There was one even better than O'Meara, but he is already on Gold Coasts list :( I know what you mean, there seems so be some sort of knock on most players in the top ten, whether its a Scharenberg/Billings type who may or may not be mids in the future, or whether they are one sided, or too light, or too short, I guess we can sleep easily knowing that Pelchin came out and said that our drafting process is the most advanced he has seen in his time in AFL (or words to that effect).

Where would you place McCartin? Would he be there at our third rounder? I have my heart set on a sliding mid with our second rounder.
Young McCartin will be number 1 in 2014 as he is underage. There is hype around Hugh Goddard for next year's draft but he does not have the power or xxxx of McCartin. McCartin was responsible for breaking Sheed's collarbone at the champs with a big hit. Remember this kid is only 16. See he kicked another 7 yesterday for the Falcons. AIS will no doubt round him off nicely.

Freeman from the Sandy Dragons is a big chance to be a bargain second round pick. A strong mid who breaks the line and is a see ball get ball player.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Ah, that's why I hadn't had him placed in this years draft, sounds like a likely type, maybe we can go winless next year, get a priority and gets this kid and Goddard. :wink:

Strength through Loyalty
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

After Dal's efforts this year He will have quite a bit of currency. Maybe a straight swap for Frawley?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Jimmy O'Dea wrote:

where has Pelchin been besides St Kilda and Hawthorn?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Pelchin built the Port Adelaide premiership side !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

There is a lot of hype about Kelly & Billings yet both were well & truly overshadowed at the National Carnival by Mitch Honeychurch who is smaller & skinnier than both of them !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Read Sheeds form guide. Left footer with NO right side ..and lack of pace. No thanks.
LOL

same as Gibbs then
you know that bloke from glenelg that went to carlton and played a couple of games
compared to him at the same age and possibly better

sheedy
lol

PJ
SS Life Member

What pick would we end up with if we lose every game for the rest of the year?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:What pick would we end up with if we lose every game for the rest of the year?

The same as us probably winning 2 games. Pick 3 if melbourne dont get a priorty pick.

PJ
SS Life Member

If Melbourne do get a priority pick you wouldn't think it would be a top 4 pick so I'll take it as pick 3 (or rather hope). Aish would be the best scenario but I doubt he'll still be there.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
SuperDuper
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
SuperDuper wrote:Melbourne should not be participating in this draft at all, i.e. we should get pick 2, if the AFL was serious about tanking.
There is no way the AFL can justify giving them a priority after letting the tanking slide.
Do you want them to fold? I can guarantee that the AFL doesn't and neither do St Kilda, Collingwood or any of the other clubs. 17 teams means a lot less TV money for everyone. It's one in, all in - no matter how Melbourne got into this situation, they have to get back out of it.
To be honest I would not care if they folded or merged or whatever..
There are too many teams which means diluted talent.
This is why we have such an uneven comp these days.

Fewer teams with higher quality would make a much better spectacle, IMO.
quality over quantity.
I would love to see just 2 teams with just the elite players taking each other on in a meaningful game.
In fact, I still have no idea why they scrapped state of origin. Rather than scrap it, they should have elevated it to rival the rugby league version..
Cut back on the regular season and make state of origin as important as the grand final itself...
4 teams (Vic, SA, WA, the rest) full of highly skilled players, in a round robin with a final....

the quality of football would be on a different level

sainter104
Club Player

we might yet get pick 2

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I hope we can get either Aish or Boyd with pick 3. Then if we could get our hand on GWS's pick 10, I would pick up Darcy Gardiner, so ending our big defender shortage. And I would pick up Dayle Garlett as well.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

And I agree with Superduper. Bring back the State of origin.

NOTTHATAWKWARD
Club Player

I am a South Australian Sainter and also a Norwood boy. Aishy is the real deal and nothing would make me happier than to see him at the Saints. So many of our lads have gone from singing Grand old Flag every week to not at all in the past few years via the Dees.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I would be happy with any of Aish, Boyd or Scharenberg all look the goods.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

melb would be stupid not to pick him up

hopefully boyd goes to gws (surely he will) and then melb lose the plot and pick anyone but aish

we can only wish

busso mick
Club Player

When I see the words James Aish they morph into Ja Messiah. He sounds like he will be a beauty.