Saints in the paper again!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints in the paper again!

I'm hearing TDL... ah we'll ... thems the breaks..

It could be Clint Jones legs which appear to have been banned from kicking for some time??

Kidding.

“Yeah….nah””
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

All I can say is thank God.

For a while there I thought there was going to be a massive AFL scandal and the Saints weren't going to be part of it.

Well my fears have been allayed now, even though in typical St.Kilda style it is only a half arsed scandal involving one player.

How pathetic Saints. You blokes have nothing on Essendon when it comes to running a scandal professionally.

Just us accepting mediocrity again :D

If the player is eventually found to have tested positive for a banned substance, he will be banned.

Not like it will wreck our flag aspirations, hopefully it was Raph :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

[quote][quote="dragit"][quote="dals_da_bomb"]
I havent actually figured out how to edit a topic heading! But once i do I can edit it.
[/quote]
I don't think you should be changing the names of threads unless it breaks rules or the author has asked you to change it.[/quote][/quote]

I wouldnt just change it without asking the OP for those reasons.
I was replying to a comment.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:I'm hearing TDL... ah we'll ... thems the breaks..

It could be Clint Jones legs which appear to have been banned from kicking for some time??

Kidding.
Where did you hear that?

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Fortunately, it is not a "Club initiative." Let's wait for the next test and see who it is, what was taken, how it was taken (accidently or not), and the likely intent of it's use (injury repair or performance enhancing).

As others have said, the player takes his penalty and we move on as a Club. So, so stupid in today's environment.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote: I wouldnt just change it without asking the OP for those reasons.
I was replying to a comment.
No worries mate, was just saying'

dragit
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Teflon wrote:I'm hearing TDL... ah we'll ... thems the breaks..

Kidding.
Where did you hear that?
He said - 'kidding' K

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Imagine if it's Kosi.... was always going to find a comical way to miss his 200th
Last edited by jonesy on Wed 31 Jul 2013 10:27am, edited 1 time in total.

Bring back the Lockett era
gringo
Saintsational Legend

We are going to be the only club with a player suspended to placate the media on drug cheating. The system works. Finnd some kid who took a codein tablet on game day and roast him for 32 years then no one will notice essendon sneaking out the back door.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:All I can say is thank God.

For a while there I thought there was going to be a massive AFL scandal and the Saints weren't going to be part of it.

Well my fears have been allayed now, even though in typical St.Kilda style it is only a half arsed scandal involving one player.

How pathetic Saints. You blokes have nothing on Essendon when it comes to running a scandal professionally.

If the player is eventually found to have tested positive for a banned substance, he will be banned.

Essendon Drugs Scandal = Black Ops

St Kilda Drugs Scandal = Black Comedy

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if we will get one of the Bombers' directors to advise us on this matter. They clearly have the experience to do so.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
joffaboy wrote:All I can say is thank God.

Essendon Drugs Scandal = Black Ops

St Kilda Drugs Scandal = Black Comedy
In a nutshell, Doc.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
gringo
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:I wonder if we will get one of the Bombers' directors to advise us on this matter. They clearly have the experience to do so.

Shame Essendon has every dodgy PR guy in Australia right now.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:We are going to be the only club with a player suspended to placate the media on drug cheating. The system works. Finnd some kid who took a codein tablet on game day and roast him for 32 years then no one will notice essendon sneaking out the back door.

No Essendon player has tested positive in samples or so I believe.

Different case altogether. If a player has taken something, even inadvertantly, that was not sanctioned by the club, well, I feel sorry but no sympathy for him.

Every player is warned and educated on their responsibilities.

Sad for the player if they have breached the code, but the WADA code is the WADA code.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:We are going to be the only club with a player suspended to placate the media on drug cheating. The system works. Finnd some kid who took a codein tablet on game day and roast him for 32 years then no one will notice essendon sneaking out the back door.
Read B & M today, gringo - that ain't gonna happen. AOD, they knew, they've lied - it's the conspiracy, it's the fraud, it's all of 'em, it's the money. And, it's DOCUMENTS.

It's the story and this was always where it was going. Pay careful attention to the word "Gyms" in the B & M piece - it's THE key word (recall my previous mentions).

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Darth Vader
Club Player

"Performance enhancing". Based on this year's performance, whoever it is should be suing his pharmacist.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Darth Vader wrote:"Performance enhancing". Based on this year's performance, whoever it is should be suing his pharmacist.

may have won us three games and cost us the #1 pick :wink:

Lance or James??

stinger
Saintsational Legend

another leak by the afl to caro...this one meant to take some of the heat of essendon....yeah....good one caro... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: not..

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:another leak by the afl to caro...this one meant to take some of the heat of essendon....yeah....good one caro... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: not..
Why would Wilson want to take any heat off Essendon? She has been their biggest critic…

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

maverick
Saintsational Legend

The leaking of this is disgraceful.
It now puts suspicion on the whole club instead of the one individual where it belongs.
Whatever and whoever it is should be dealt with privately and briefed publicly when appropriate.
Given how its reported does it mean the player concerned definitely can't be playing at the moment?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

#RushBackJackRush :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
stinger wrote:another leak by the afl to caro...this one meant to take some of the heat of essendon....yeah....good one caro... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: not..
Why would Wilson want to take any heat off Essendon? She has been their biggest critic…

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

where did you go to school..????....the afl leaked the story to caro.....they wanted to take some of the heat of essendon....not caro...for pity's sake..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If positive.

2 year ban, and rightly so.

Struct Liability applies, just as it will for Essendon.
"Unwittingly" is no excuse. Players need to check, and check again.

So unless he was unconscious and given with his fore knowledge he is gone.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

this bloke will get more games suspension than the entire essendon list

you know, being st kilda n all

and now that its out in the media the club better hurry up and make some kind of statement at the least
dont expect a name but cricky lets get on the front foot here and at least say something

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:article say player took something unknowingly
it would be something stupid like a cold n flu tablet
No excuse. That is why the club has Doctors etc.

Players KNOW that they must check first.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....