Changes to the list...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

citywest

Changes to the list...

Delist
Clint Jones.

Retire
Lenny Hayes.
Nick Riewoldt.
Justin Koschitzke.
Jason Blake.
Stephen Milne.

Trade Nick Dal Santo for pick 25 or better. (Maybe Essendon)
Trade Leigh Montagna for pick 30 or better. (Maybe Hawthorn)

It is time to clear the decks and start again. Don't worry about what other people say. We may not have won a flag but we have been an awesome club since 2003. We did everything imaginable except win the dam thing. Lady luck did not smile on us because if she did we could have ended up winning 4 cups.

The reason I would make these changes is that we are going to be bottom 4 for the next 3 years anyway so better to play the new guys now. Don't waste any more games on players that are shot, except for Kosi, he deserves to get his 200th.

From this years Draft and for the next 3 we should just pick the best available youth possible. FFS, don't do any trades at all. Lets put our faith in our recruiters and just keep picking the best youngsters in the land and then develop them.

PS. I love Dal and Monty but no player is bigger than the club.

PPS. No need to worry about getting rid of too much experience. Offer Rooey and Kosi assistant roles.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes to the list...

That's 8, yes EIGHT players you want us to turn over at the end of the year. I think 5 is normally ideal and we will be around that mark this year !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

citywest

Eastern wrote:That's 8, yes EIGHT players you want us to turn over at the end of the year. I think 5 is normally ideal and we will be around that mark this year !!
Have you seen the post by Calais, he wants to get rid of....

Big Mac - Good player, Personally I don't ever think he'll be great.
Stanley - Struggling. Would rather keep him but why not test the waters
Gilbert - Best days behind him.. His cons outweigh his pro's.
Ray - Tries but might be better suited an another club.
Gwilt - (Although trading him will leave us extremely depleted down back)

If we did what he is suggesting we would be stuffed for the next decade.

Jarred
Club Player

have to keep Rooey and Lenny... but i'm open to a trade for any other player on our list if the powers that be think it will be a win for us.

citywest

Jarred wrote:have to keep Rooey and Lenny... but i'm open to a trade for any other player on our list if the powers that be think it will be a win for us.
Rooey and Lenny are finished. Their bodies have given up.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

The city west fool is back

(EDITED BY MOD)

I love this club
Jarred
Club Player

citywest wrote:
Jarred wrote:have to keep Rooey and Lenny... but i'm open to a trade for any other player on our list if the powers that be think it will be a win for us.
Yeah Roo has had a terrible year :roll:

citywest

Stillwaiting wrote:The city west fool is back, (EDITED BY MOD)
Give it a break Stillwaiting. Why do you always have to resort to name calling? I wonder if this is how you always speak in 'real life' or is it just a case of 'keyboard warrior'?

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Jarred wrote:
citywest wrote:
Yeah Roo has had a terrible year :roll:
Jarrad, this fool is a troll don't respond to it

I love this club
citywest

If you read my post properly, his body has given up. Which part of that didn't you understand 'Stillwaiting'?

Jarred
Club Player

Yeah Roo has had a terrible year :roll:[/quote]

Jarrad, this fool is a troll don't respond to it[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up stillwaiting

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:Delist
Clint Jones.

Retire
Lenny Hayes.
Nick Riewoldt.
Justin Koschitzke.
Jason Blake.
Stephen Milne.

It is time to clear the decks and start again. Don't worry about what other people say. We may not have won a flag but we have been an awesome club since 2003. We did everything imaginable except win the dam thing. Lady luck did not smile on us because if she did we could have ended up winning 4 cups.

The reason I would make these changes is that we are going to be bottom 4 for the next 3 years anyway so better to play the new guys now. Don't waste any more games on players that are shot, except for Kosi, he deserves to get his 200th.

From this years Draft and for the next 3 we should just pick the best available youth possible. FFS, don't do any trades at all. Lets put our faith in our recruiters and just keep picking the best youngsters in the land and then develop them.

PPS. No need to worry about getting rid of too much experience. Offer Rooey and Kosi assistant roles.

Now instead of saying this is a stupid posts lets prove how stupid it is. Firstly if we did lose all those players we would lose every single game and most by 80 points or more. We would lose that many members and a heap of sponsorship that we would need that much help from the AFL. And this would happen for maybe 3 to 4 years. Imagine our membership then. Secondly how do we pay 95% of the salary cap? Give players who dont deserve extra money, extra. Again that is plain silly. The whole thing is just plain silly and will not ever be happening.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Jarred wrote:Yeah Roo has had a terrible year :roll:
Jarrad, this fool is a troll don't respond to it[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up stillwaiting[/quote]

No probs

I love this club
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

In 2001 we turned over 13

5 is the ideal if you are happy with state of the list

StK needs to be overhauled..... Not to that extent of seniority but I'd change 13

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:In 2001 we turned over 13

StK needs to be overhauled..... Not to that extent of seniority but I'd change 13
Is that you citywest?

noob
Club Player

There's a quite a few players on the list that I believe won't be apart of a premiership young or old, but you can't drastically cut a third of a list in one year to do so.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Can't drop the F word but this <edited by MOD> is allowed to keep posting.

What a <edited by MOD>.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I have a hard enough time stopping the lunatic fans wanting heads to roll- I don't need to have some Essendon person wanting a watered down version. Go work out what Essendon will do to field a team.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Can you explain how you replace 13 players and what about giving us names?

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Can't drop the F word but this <edited by MOD> is allowed to keep posting.

What a <edited by MOD>.
SaintPav

I can't see where citywest has breached rules in this post or other recent ones ... but you have ... twice in this post. I am turning a blind eye but have edited.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
citywest wrote:Delist
Clint Jones.

Retire
Lenny Hayes.
Nick Riewoldt.
Justin Koschitzke.
Jason Blake.
Stephen Milne.

Now instead of saying this is a stupid posts lets prove how stupid it is. Firstly if we did lose all those players we would lose every single game and most by 80 points or more. We would lose that many members and a heap of sponsorship that we would need that much help from the AFL. And this would happen for maybe 3 to 4 years. Imagine our membership then. Secondly how do we pay 95% of the salary cap? Give players who dont deserve extra money, extra. Again that is plain silly. The whole thing is just plain silly and will not ever be happening.
I totally agree Plugger66. citywest has an opinion but I totally disagree with it. We need to keep top class senior players in for as long as they can meaningfully contribute and while we have a look at the potential of all those under 23. Otherwise the kids will be beaten up week after week and we shall lose by 60+ weekly.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Just this last year we introduced 8 players to the club. Count them. Lee, Hickey, Wright and WHite, Murdoch, Saunders. Pierce. Roberton.

I dont agree that we should retire of of the players listed, although I would suggest that Kosi, Blakey,Milney should retire this year, and we will probably delist a few more, promote some rookies, and get some more rookies. It is going to be an interesting and exciting trade and draft period for us. I hope we use it wisely.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

We don't have to bring in 13 untrieds...
List management has four or five avenues now...... Why not use them??

2001/2002 nearly half our list was churned.... We lost seniority.... Burke, Loewe and A Grade Talent Hall and Everitt

Drafted many
Traded for Hamill, Black, Gehrig, Gram, Penny and a few others
Used the Pre Season DP to use on uncontracted gap fillers..... Powell and Voss

I think that period was list management at its best.... A number of misses, but many hits and a core of a finals team was born...

Put all your eggs in the Draftkids basket, we end up like Melbourne....

Use Free Agency, Pre Season, National and Rookie Drafts, Trade in needs, scour the state leagues.

I would bring in 12
6 18yo
6 21-27..... 5 of which would have AFL experience.... 2 A Grade, 2 B grade, and another in need of an opportunity

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Who would you turn over?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

How about a situation where the forum decides on whether user:citywest stays or goes?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!