Kicking is a disgrace...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kicking is a disgrace...

perfectionist wrote:
satchmo wrote:...Of course. Otherwise you could quote the post and not look like a dill!
satchmo wrote:ball is filth. EOS
Remember that?
No I don't. Link please.
And I'll guarantee it's not about a Saints player.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Kicking a DISGRACE???????

I thought that when Vardy drop-punted Geary in the back (when Gears was laying on the ground) was all class..NOT !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Again its good stuff.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

A lot to do with Geelong's pressure (or that perceived), and generally outnumbering us everywhere, no targets forward of the ball.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
satchmo wrote:...Of course. Otherwise you could quote the post and not look like a dill!

Remember that?[/

<edited by MODS>

Please note that this quote is under investigation by MODS as a possible fabrication. If found to be untrue ... it will constitute a breach for baiting. Whether a warning is issued or a friendly reminder PM to perfectionist is yet to be decided. No more comment on this issue is required.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
satchmo wrote:

<edited by MODS>

Please note that this quote is under investigation by MODS as a possible fabrication. If found to be untrue ... it will constitute a breach for baiting. Whether a warning is issued or a friendly reminder PM to perfectionist is yet to be decided. No more comment on this issue is required.

Not a fan of perfectionist but im not sure why he would get a warning.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

It's been a pet hate of mine towards the Saints recruiters for a long time now.

It's called "foot"ball. Why do we continually recruit poor kicks :roll: Kicking is the first and easiest signal of a player's ability, yet our recruiters "continually" overlook it......... or is it that other Clubs are just plain "lucky" - particularly Hawthorn?

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:It's been a pet hate of mine towards the Saints recruiters for a long time now.

It's called "foot"ball. Why do we continually recruit poor kicks :roll: Kicking is the first and easiest signal of a player's ability, yet our recruiters "continually" overlook it......... or is it that other Clubs are just plain "lucky" - particularly Hawthorn?
Is it a reflection of the compromised drafts with GWS and Gold Coast only leaving the dregs over the last 5 years? Watters has said we need to get quality into the team - meaning the players recruited don't necessarily have A-grade skills but more blue collar.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
perfectionist wrote:

Remember that?
<edited by MODS>

Hi to all emotionally involved in this dispute - and other observers!

I have now investigated fully.

I believe that Perfectionist has quoted Satchmo out of context.

Satchmo did post those words but in answer to the thread topic of what the crowd had said to Ball that upset Luke Ball.

However I believe that the quote was used to prove that Satchmo had said bad / negative things about a St Kilda player as was the topic in the thread ... In response to whether BigMart was a Fan or not because he posts negative comments on players.

No official warning for baiting- but a reminder to ALL TO quote in context ... Because misrepresentation of a quote by changing context can be construed as baiting another poster.

For this time I am assuming it was an innocent mistake where in haste Perfectionist forgot to check the context of the quote.

Fair enough?

Simon

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Simon.
My issue was that I thought that I had not said that, as the search did not find it. However, clearly I did say it.
I apologise unreservedly for the assertion that perfectionist made the quote up.

And I am sure that perfectionist will quote a post where I have bagged/abused a Saints player in order to demonstrate his point was not completely incorrect.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Moorabbin Man
Club Player

BigMart wrote:The pace his is at when he kicks, is the issue.... Said it many times... He has only two technical issues.....

Sort them, and he shifts from burgeoning A Grade.... Straight to elite

And correct redeemer.... They sit on Dal for a reason, and BJs loss hurt Dal even more
Absolutely spot on.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Nick Riewoldt should be judged by the abysmal delivery he has to put up with from the midfield group.... In particular one player... Who has had 20 disposals and more than half have not even been to a team mate..

You are not quality, if you can't use the ball effectively....

Clint Jones is scared to kick the footy, and because of that Armitage got smashed....

As we speak, Jack has just booted the ball off the ground, from 1 metre from the boundary line straight OOF.... Not sure how he could or would make that decision??
I do agree here BM.... kicking last night was bad... The goals on turnovers for the Cats was high... if i heard that stat right.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
70s sainter
Club Player

Junction Oval wrote:It's been a pet hate of mine towards the Saints recruiters for a long time now.

And then you get someone like sipposs who can be a gun kick ,but doesnt get his hands on the ball for whatever reason. i get the feeling that when he was given a new contract he believed hes made it and is happy to settle for mediocrity. ............ anyway , going off track.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
satchmo wrote:

<edited by MODS>

Not a fan of perfectionist but im not sure why he would get a warning.
It was investigated and Perfectionist did not get an official warning. Instead he was asked to be more careful regarding quoting out of context to support an argument. I believe in this instance it was a misunderstanding only. Thus no warning.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Kicking a DISGRACE???????

I thought that when Vardy drop-punted Geary in the back (when Gears was laying on the ground) was all class..NOT !!
If you're going to have a go at the opposition, at least get their name right, it was Varcoe not Vardy. There's a fair amount of difference, considering Varcoe's a foot shorter than Vardy and aboriginal.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone think we've gained anything this season by persevering with CJ.

We've won 3 games and Curren, Ledger, Siposs and Dunnel have played a handfull of games between them.

Granted not all of them are a like for like replacement but still

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Does anyone think we've gained anything this season by persevering with CJ.

We've won 3 games and Curren, Ledger, Siposs and Dunnel have played a handfull of games between them.

Granted not all of them are a like for like replacement but still

Of those four only Siposs and Dunell can kick, oh and Ledger hasn't played a game.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell