You have to be kidding.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

storm51

You have to be kidding.

Saints, you've become a laughing stock and a massive disappointment to your adoring fans.
Is anybody asking questions of Scott Watters, Mark Neeld took over a rubbish team and was sacked because they were rubbish, Scott took over a team that had played in 3 GF's and has turned them into Melbourne.
We have Roo, Lenny, Joey, Fish, Milney and Dal, recent Superstars and we are being flogged.
We criticised Ross for not playing the kids, how many of the kids that Scott has played have kicked on, they are soft.
How on earth is the Nettlefold regime able to continue, the appalling decisions that have been made in recent years, yet no-one takes responsibility.
All clubs need a champion halfback / midfielder, we had one. he's starring at the Bombers,
We need a tough in and under player, we had one. he's playing at Collingwood.

Saints, hang your heads in shame. When you next negotiate your contracts, ask yourselves: what have I done to deserve this?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: You have to be kidding.

Excellent stuff.

oh when the
Club Player

the wrong structure still exists at the Club

spert
Saintsational Legend

It's frustrating to see this year going down the football drain. The club has under-achieved badly and like any other major business organisation which goes into a downward spiral, heads should roll at the top come season's end. I'm not interested in endless excuses.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

It"s a long road back!

PADDLEPOP1000
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Management record since 2009 has been the demise of a great era....

The handling of great players is the hallmark of a great club
How were the following contracts, exits handled by the club
M.Hudghton, L.Ball, M.Maguire, S.Baker, M.Gardiner, R.Lyon, B.Goddard???

And
Cyclical bulls*** doesn't cut it for me, we played a side last night a year earlier in the cycle

Harley, Ablett, King, Scarlett, Mooney, Ablett, Ling, Thompson.... All gone... We're is their rebuild??
Injuries also....

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Agree with some of the sentiments here. Have said recently that with some of the players we have 3 wins is simply not good enough. IMO we should have won the games against West Coast, The Bulldogs, Port and the game against Gold Coast. We should have won seven matches up to this point. When we were in winning positions in all of those games Watters and his team were out coached. At least he could have put numbers behind the ball to save matches. Until last night I beleived we would win next week against the Brions, the home games aginst both the Gold Coast and Freo. Now I believe only the Gold Coast game is winnable, and maybe only if Ablett is missing. We have too many good players to go through a season winning only three games out of 22. A lot of the assistant coaching positions need to be reviewed and the player development team (does it exist?) needs to be completely restructured. Awful stuff.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Management record since 2009 has been the demise of a great era....

The handling of great players is the hallmark of a great club
How were the following contracts, exits handled by the club
M.Hudghton, L.Ball, M.Maguire, S.Baker, M.Gardiner, R.Lyon, B.Goddard???

And
Cyclical bulls*** doesn't cut it for me, we played a side last night a year earlier in the cycle

Harley, Ablett, King, Scarlett, Mooney, Ablett, Ling, Thompson.... All gone... We're is their rebuild??
Injuries also....
That's another wonderful moan, full of stuff that we already know…

How about offering up some positive suggestions on what the club should be doing to improve?

Stamping your foot and screaming unacceptable like a 3 year old does nothing…

It appears we are trying to build a new side, what else was Watters supposed to do, we know all about the draft and trade fails of the past… so stop frigging moaning about it like you knew better all along.

The cats have had essentially 2 first round picks half of the past decade - that is why they don't need a complete rebuild. Caddy another gift from a player they took at pick 40.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

What a crock
Superstars .... Fisher was woeful in 2011 and 2012 and injured in 2013.
Lenny has played what 3 games this year?
Milney is 33 over the hill and up on rape charges.
Get real.
On every measure our recruitment and trading performance from 2006 to 2010 was abysmal.
We were always going to pay hard for that.
Screamingly for.people to be sacked and.talking about how good we were 4 years ago.

The OP seems to advocating a time machine and thinks we can go back to 2009.

Our youngsters are not soft. Our problem is we have no good players in their core peak age of 23 to 28.
Our list is hollow to the core. We then attempted to get short cut fix to that problem with tdl saad and milera. Another major stuff up
. Why recruit 3 mid aged blokes who all play the same position and are a bit soft ?
Shocking decision.
We need a new president asap.
We need to formally separate the coach to the recruitment decisions.
We need a thorough professional and I would say external list review report done asap or before the trade period starts.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 28 Jul 2013 11:29am, edited 1 time in total.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

storm51 wrote:We have Roo, Lenny, Joey, Fish, Milney and Dal, recent Superstars and we are being flogged.
Seriously? Are you a troll or just a flog?

How many games has Lenny played? How many has Fish played?

You understand that these are champions in or approaching their twilight years, not at their peak? Or is that too much honesty and reality for your ridiculous little rant??

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Not my job.....my job is to pay money and support, and leave important decisions to those getting paid a lot of money to make good decisions.... They have failed again, that much is obvious....

A part of being a fan, is the ability to make comment, and discuss the club.... Not to find solutions...

Dragit, when I (and others) dared mention problems in 2009/2010/2011 We were shot down, ridiculed, and taken to task by cronies.... Who wouldn't even allow a suggestion that StK was not looking forward.... That is now lost on the same cronies and apologists who are spooking, because there has been some unwanted vindication.... I am still hopeless of a turn around, but am afraid the end is nigh....

lloyd21
Club Player

Looking forward to seeing red faces from you guys when SW says to all the knockers in 3 years you were wrong.
Question to all the guys knocking are you financial members of Stkfc do you actually go to games and support the club.

I do
Before you say anything further I ain't special but I accepted the club is acting as a professional operation, hence I will commit
$$$ and go to games whilst the club goes forward.

How about for once your lives look forward "every club " makes mistakes in recruitment.

The negative results in not winning games will be rewarded with opportunities to improve list that is the system.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

I've never read so much diarrhea in my life. Obvious troll. If not a troll it has no idea of what is going on at our club.

BigMart wrote:Not my job.....my job is to pay money and support, and leave important decisions to those getting paid a lot of money to make good decisions.... They have failed again, that much is obvious....

A part of being a fan, is the ability to make comment, and discuss the club.... Not to find solutions...

Dragit, when I (and others) dared mention problems in 2009/2010/2011 We were shot down, ridiculed, and taken to task by cronies.... Who wouldn't even allow a suggestion that StK was not looking forward.... That is now lost on the same cronies and apologists who are spooking, because there has been some unwanted vindication.... I am still hopeless of a turn around, but am afraid the end is nigh....

Keep going on about it. lets face it you only mention all this for 2 reasons. One to bag the club at every opportunity and secondly to tell us how right you got it and how wrong the rest of us where. Yes we can see it is that obvious.

As you accidently put but probably meant. "I am still hopeless of a turn around, but am afraid the end is nigh" Hopeless of a turn around. We know thats how you actually think. And what the hell does the end is nigh mean? So you are know forcasting the end of the club. yep you really are a saints person.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

BigMart wrote:
Agree 100%.

Too often people confuse criticism of the club with not supporting the club. You can criticise the club and still support it wholeheartedly.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:
BigMart wrote:
Agree 100%.

Too often people confuse criticism of the club with not supporting the club. You can criticise the club and still support it wholeheartedly.

True but what about when you seem to enjoy losing so you can post more stuff about how the club stuffed up over the last few years and how I said that would happen and what about when you triple your post count for the week when we lose. It is possible to actually have some positive things to say occassionally.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Blind loyalty is stupid but so is negativity for the sake of it.

Criticisms have to be valid and should have a point.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Are the current and previous criticisms not warranted?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Are the current and previous criticisms not warranted?

Whats the point of previous criticisms?

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:but am afraid the end is nigh....
I assume this post somehow makes me an apologist, or a crony.
Whatever.

By the way, of the eight sides that played finals in 2009, only four are currently in the top eight.
These things go in cycles, and hit the poorer clubs hardest.

BM I think your posts would be less annoying to read if you just stuck to the football opinions, and didn't include the "look at moi" drama queen grandiosity. Everyone is free to have an opinion and to criticise, but when you bang on about how you knew best and no one believed you it diminishes the credibility of your posts.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I will just say what I feel..... You say what you feel....

I made the comment about StK and you made one about me.... I think perhaps you're credibility would be better served debating the issue....

Honestly,

We could afford to make shocking decisions in 2009, because we landed a draft bonanza and had a star studded team....

Gone from powerhouse to basket case

We don't have stars anymore and are still making poor decisions....

Where do you go from basket case.... We went up in 2002, but with 5 other basket cases to compete with.... Something will give

paddy
Club Player

just hurts harder on the downward slope, because its not guarunteed that we will ever be on the upward slope again

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

paddy wrote:just hurts harder on the downward slope, because its not guarunteed that we will ever be on the upward slope again
A bit dramatic. Look at Richmond, they're sloping upwards. Only took them 30 years. Be patient (or maybe die waiting!).

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Hey BigMouth would have loved this one.

(EDITED BY MODS)

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Are the current and previous criticisms not warranted?
I haven't been happy about some of the decisions the club has made over the years either and wrote about it at the time.

However, I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about the professionalism and standard set by players at the club like Harves, Roo, Lenny, BJ (when he was there), Sean Dempster, Dal, Joey and even Milney which saw the club have a very successful period over ten years.

Unfortunately, we ended up with diddly squat. Sh!t happens.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.