Rhys on the table

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rhys on the table

Give him 50 games before writing him off. He needs a position not getting slammed for having to do a role he isn't suited to.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Kiedis wrote:In all seriousness though, what do people actually expect we'd get in return for the likes of a Stanley or a Siposs?

Is this 'perceived potential' everyone's banging on about purely just our twisted perception?

Who actually believes we'd get much better than the #75 we picked up Arryn with? Has he risen up the ranks with his showing thus far?
Siposs so far is definitely pick 75

he will always be pick 75 regardless of form or ability.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
sainter104
Club Player

stanleys best position is with anothrer club and he can take sippos and simpkin with him

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Never seen him dominate at any level...

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I like Stanley as a ruckman. He doesnt get to contest many bounces etc with Ben and Hickey in the team, but when he does he usualy does better than either of them.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Disappointing....

I remember two separate occasions forumites had him pencilled in as the 'next big thing'

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

sainter104 wrote:stanleys best position is with anothrer club and he can take sippos and simpkin with him
Simpkin really?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Simpkin

The smallest big defender in the AFL..... He's not much bigger than Farren Ray

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Simpkin

The smallest big defender in the AFL..... He's not much bigger than Farren Ray

Yep good one. Is Stanley off the table yet? This is actually what happens. We say we have good young players but reallY stanley is not a good player at all. He is young. But so is Clinton.

Skildir
Club Player

Last edited by Skildir on Sat 17 Jun 2017 11:54am, edited 1 time in total.

paddy
Club Player

he is certainly no defender....

we would get squat for him, if we offered him up....

needs to be a backup ruckman/forward... as he falls down as a defensive backman, and as an offensive backman beecause his skills by foot are quite poor

southernsaint
Club Player

Cant believe how negitive some posters are on here. The wheel will turn and i believe we have good people at the club that will turn our fortunes around. we just need a little patience :) :) :) :)

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

The thing is if we think he's performed so poorly who else would take him?

Will it be a Semi-Pro (The Will Ferrell movie) situation of trading him for a washing machine?

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:The thing is if we think he's performed so poorly who else would take him?

Will it be a Semi-Pro (The Will Ferrell movie) situation of trading him for a washing machine?

BANG BANG
He wouldn't have much currency, but why not burn him into the ground in defence for another 5 games this year? :roll:

Better that than playing Blake who was kept on the list this year by our marvelous staff as backup :roll:

Do they have any idea what's going on???

(And change your sig pls - that swear word comes to mind a lot when I think of Geelong!).

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Can't say I'm thrilled with how he's been used this season.

Started ok as a defender... has been left to flounder as he's struggled and we've seen little of him in the ruck and up forward

ljpoyz
Club Player

Absolute best case scenario you'd get a pick in the 50s for either of them.
Kiedis wrote:In all seriousness though, what do people actually expect we'd get in return for the likes of a Stanley or a Siposs?

Is this 'perceived potential' everyone's banging on about purely just our twisted perception?

Who actually believes we'd get much better than the #75 we picked up Arryn with? Has he risen up the ranks with his showing thus far?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Has been a terrible year by stanley........contributed by his use by the match committee

all over the place.......contributing to his lack of confidence

big discussions over summer .................he needs to find his POSITION

I think Leigh Matthews has said the same thing about 4 times. Needs to settle in a spot and learn it. Even if it hurts us short term we will kill him long term.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

ljpoyz wrote:Absolute best case scenario you'd get a pick in the 50s for either of them.

Well he is an SA boy, and Adelaide don't have early picks. So a player swap with Adelaide? I love L Thompson, but I'd want something else, not sure what they can offer though?

On another note, whats to say Buddy White isnt going to go down this potential potential potential road? This is why its so important to put our hat in the ring for big Boyd

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
ljpoyz wrote:Absolute best case scenario you'd get a pick in the 50s for either of them.

Well he is an SA boy, and Adelaide don't have early picks. So a player swap with Adelaide? I love L Thompson, but I'd want something else, not sure what they can offer though?

On another note, whats to say Buddy White isnt going to go down this potential potential potential road? This is why its so important to put our hat in the ring for big Boyd

Rooy is one of the greatest forwards to ever play the game and has struggled to kick big goals this year because we dont get it down to him often enough. We are going to get even worse through the midfield before we get better. Boyd could eventually be the next Tony Lockett but he wont see the ball because our mids arent good enough and the way the game is played these days he isnt going to be a huge goal kicker anyway. the game is moving to the best midfield will win the game. And who is to say Boyd will be a star. Patton was supposed to be a the next star and yes he isinjured but he want set the worl alight. He may eventually but most big guys take years to come on.

And the other thing is for us to get pick one we need to lose a better player. One that could be as good as Boyd.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Can't say I'm thrilled with how he's been used this season.

Started ok as a defender... has been left to flounder as he's struggled and we've seen little of him in the ruck and up forward
No, he didn't - unless you count one NAB pre-season game on Reid as evidence.

Agreed he should probably go back to Sandy, but who do we replace hime with at the moment?

Dawson - gone to Freo with Lyin'
Gram - sacked
Goddard - defected from the frying pan into the fire
Fisher - out for the year
Gilbert - out for the season probably
Kosi - injured - may be back round 22 if we and he are lucky
Blake - okay, a possibility, but how does that help us to build for 2014?
Luke Penny - retired in 2006.

I think he should continue to get games in the seniors as injuries. dearth of defenders and his height demands it. However, I would change a few things; play him on the wing, and then rotate Hickey and McEvoy through the backline. The games against Sydney and Hawthorn could get especially ugly if last night is anything to go by.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:
skeptic wrote:Can't say I'm thrilled with how he's been used this season.

No, he didn't - unless you count one NAB pre-season game on Reid as evidence.

Agreed he should probably go back to Sandy, but who do we replace hime with at the moment?

Dawson - gone to Freo with Lyin'
Gram - sacked
Goddard - defected from the frying pan into the fire
Fisher - out for the year
Gilbert - out for the season probably
Kosi - injured - may be back round 22 if we and he are lucky
Blake - okay, a possibility, but how does that help us to build for 2014?
Luke Penny - retired in 2006.

I think he should continue to get games in the seniors as injuries. dearth of defenders and his height demands it. However, I would change a few things; play him on the wing, and then rotate Hickey and McEvoy through the backline. The games against Sydney and Hawthorn could get especially ugly if last night is anything to go by.

Stanley cant play on the wing. he isnt quick enough in finding the ball and isnt good enough below his knees. Imagine him at ball ups trying to pick the ballup off the ground or have quick hands in packs. Also how would Hickey or McEvoy possibly play on a tall forward. they are way to slow for that.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

What else would you recommend? It only gets uglier from here as the kids get tired and the injuries mount Plugger. I don"t know about you, but I don"t fancy a return to the first three rounds of 1985. Do you?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:What else would you recommend? It only gets uglier from here as the kids get tired and the injuries mount Plugger. I don"t know about you, but I don"t fancy a return to the first three rounds of 1985. Do you?

Not really. Well actually i was on the fairstar for 2 of those rounds so yes maybe that would be good. I have no answers as to what we can do but i do know one thing and that is what ever happens for the rest of this year it will only get worse before it gets better. Stanley actually need to be dropped to see if he can get some confidence back. We dont have much in the seconds but playing him the way he is playing must be doing his head in.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Stanley makes me laugh, seems to have no footy sense what so ever. His attempts to defend are hilarious. Can't really ruck... is weak around the contest... can't defend and is a mediocre forward, Had his chances and will def. be on the table.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:Stanley makes me laugh, seems to have no footy sense what so ever. His attempts to defend are hilarious. Can't really ruck... is weak around the contest... can't defend and is a mediocre forward, Had his chances and will def. be on the table.

Well from the sound of that we will have to give a club a pick to take him.