Dees eye Laidley

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dees eye Laidley

PJ wrote:Wow love the negative bitch comments. I'll have a crack, Yes Laidley has set our midfield on fire - can we get him to replace Watters please? And Melbourne interested in Laidley jeez we'd better follow their example coz they're carving it up at present. If your going to reply in the negative don't be a smartarse f#ckhead.
Standby for a rules lesson... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'd be prepared to leave Dean Laidley where he is. As for Harves? why bring him back AGAIN after he took off after not getting the top job? How would that help in the coaches box? I LOVED Harves as a saints player, but as a senior/assistant coach? Nah!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

The "inside" perceptions will tell the story. Laidley seems to be a good tactician, but you need to have good personal communication skills to succeed. I'll leave this one to Watters and Co.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:The "inside" perceptions will tell the story. Laidley seems to be a good tactician, but you need to have good personal communication skills to succeed. I'll leave this one to Watters and Co.
Good. I'm sure they would appreciate that.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:There is a bit of contradictory info re. Laidley.

Was a respected assistant under Malthouse at Collingwood in the early 00ies.

Got the North job between 2003-9. Did an ok job - got them to finals 3 times in 7 seasons. In all fairness to him he didn't have outstanding players and he largely led them to mid-table finishes. Pretty much par.

Went to Port when they were horrible. Left there after the 2011 season. In retrospect did he help to develop what is now looking like a terrific crop of young mids in particular?

Came to us in Nov 2011. Has managed the midfield group whilst BJ left and Lenny, Dal and Joey have aged. Armo has improved a bit, Jack Steven is becoming a star, and it's too early to call on the likes of Ross, Murdoch, Saunders - all 3 have shown something though. However, the big negative is that the midfield have consistently run out of legs in the last quarter of matches this year. We have been in most games at 3/4 time but fallen away in the last quarter. To me that has been due to not having enough mids to rotate through - i.e. team selection and lack of midfield depth. Both aspects that Laidley has a fair amount to do with.
I agree.

Armo IMHO has stalled so only Steven has come on and while we are retrospectively awarding Laidley with Ports kid development why not previous assistants at Saints with Jacks? - anyway, think we all know Jack wouldve come on regardless...

Melb can have him.

“Yeah….nah””