Jack Steven's last qrt

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jack Steven's last qrt

Who labelled him, just a fair player??

Lets not let the truth get in the way of a good negative spin eh.....

He is indeed a player who has developed another level.... And would be easily in the top 3 in th B&F right now...

Point of the reply P66 was that some person said Jack could not be compared to the Joey, Dal because of age or experience? This obsession with Age being a barrier to performance is ridiculous......
Some examples of <23yo players being stars is so abundant it's not worth listing... Brownlows, B&Fs, AAs ....... Even at StK, even in recent history....

Question
Why did he Play VFL constantly and at times AFL in his first three seasons with OP, and why was it not reported/where was it reported ......Did the club not learn their lesson with crippling another young champion?
Why did Jack warm up Grand Final day, if he suffered from OP??

To me it seems, he just went away post season, got fit and smashed pre season and elevated his output as a result... This is what he said on game day also??.....

gringo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Who labelled him, just a fair player??

He is indeed a player who has developed another level.... And would be easily in the top 3 in th B&F right now...

Point of the reply P66 was that some person said Jack could not be compared to the Joey, Dal because of age or experience? This obsession with Age being a barrier to performance is ridiculous......
Some examples of <23yo players being stars is so abundant it's not worth listing... Brownlows, B&Fs, AAs ....... Even at StK, even in recent history....

Question
Why did he Play VFL constantly and at times AFL in his first three seasons with OP, and why was it not reported/where was it reported ......Did the club not learn their lesson with crippling another young champion?

To me it seems, he just went away post season, got fit and smashed pre season and elevated his output as a result... This is what he said on game day also??.....

There was an OP diagnosis early on but he still could have played more than he did.

Greg T
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:Raph was better than TDL.
Jesus , don't go there.....
Boy Raph was frustrating ....

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why did he play with OP in 09 and 2010... He played heaps (and well) considering he had OP.... And his pace and explosiveness was his hallmark (even evident in his AFL games) .... Strange for someone with OP to play, to run as quick as he did and be as agile as he was???

I'm confused
I saw him and Geary get nearly 40 each... Jack kicked 3 also I think?? All of this injured??

And why was he even playing???

Greg T
Club Player

Busted the game wide open , left them in their tracks.
He's getting better and better and looks far more dangerous.
No one can ever replace Lenny,
Credit where credits due for the lad, he's trying hard .
I'd rate him far better than a fair player, should always be in the starting line up now...

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Third Quarter the game turned.....

Dal, Gwilt were the architects IMO.... Armo's defensive pressure in the middle... We controlled the game back and Midfield

Jack took it to the extreme in the last when he got off the chain....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Third Quarter the game turned.....

Dal, Gwilt were the architects IMO.... Armo's defensive pressure in the middle... We controlled the game back and Midfield

Did you notice our coach gave jack best on the ground. That was his opinion.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:...Did you notice our coach gave jack best on the ground...
Yes, and I am confident both will be equally successful in the long run.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Why the obsession with Gwilt on this site. Everyone thinks he has elite kicking and is a star, it just hasn't been like that for years.

I noticed Simpkin stepped it up in RObbos absence and made a lot more of a difference than Gwilt. Funny though, Robbo was easily our best in the first half and yet, we turned it on we he went off. Nothing to read out of it, just peculiar.

Re Jacky boy, what a gun!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:

Not about age at all. About comparing apples and oranges. Two are established and wont get any better, one is young and still developing. How can you compare them, talking about AA selection of two 30 year old almost finished, compared to a 23 y.o. who has hardly started.

You complain about some fictitious age obsession, then talk about 23 y.o. champions like every single player develops at the exact same rate. Some 23 y.o.'s are quite underdevelped and dont come on until 25 or so. Andrew Thompson didn't become a player until he was 24.

BigMart wrote:Question
Didn't Luke Ball play with OP for seasons on end? Didn't P66 mention he was getting small operations once every four weeks to relieve the pain? This would suggest he was playing through the pain, wouldn't you think?

Maybe he warmed up on GF day because his Op was sore? Did he play? TDL was emergency for the GF last year. Did he warm up?
BigMart wrote:To me it seems, he just went away post season, got fit and smashed pre season and elevated his output as a result... This is what he said on game day also??.....
So because you never heard he had an issue with OP, he just never had it? It is all made up? He was never fit before last preseason? Is that what youa re saying? because i dont understand your logic.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

yep.....gwilts best game since he did his knee...imho.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Who labelled him, just a fair player??

Question

You labelled him a fair player. Are you actually going to say you didnt. Are you know embarressed by the silly comment and are denying it? Have no idea what that last line means. he hasnt got OP now. Who said he did. it was completely controlled about 3 years ago. Also no idea about the reporting of the OP. Does that matter?

Also did you notice our coach gave Jack best on the ground so he rated his game better than Dals.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BM these are you exact words in this thread and then you get upset that i said that you said he was only a fair player. Seriously are fair dinkum.

Jack has turned into a fair player.

Then you asked this question.

Who labelled him, just a fair player??

You now have the answer so please dont ask that question again.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So he were were giving an operation to relieve OP every month, and he played through the pain?! He wasn't missing, so he must have been playing a few days after a groin OP?! I'm baffled??!!

Is there anyone silly enough to argue that doing this to a 20yo midfielder, so he can play VFL is a good idea? <edited by MOD>Would you risk an OP condition with a 20 mid with a future??

We put Siposs and Webster in moth ball with shin splints... Yet continued playing a mid with OP

Yeah right,

This has never been reported or confirmed, an IMO the club would be out of their mind (negligent) to do this, after what they did with Luke Ball!!!

Hopefully it's wrong <edited by MOD> .... Because if true, OMG <edited by MOD> !!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:So he were were giving an operation to relieve OP every month, and he played through the pain?! He wasn't missing, so he must have been playing a few days after a groin OP?! I'm baffled??!!

Is there anyone silly enough to argue that doing this to a 20yo midfielder, so he can play VFL is a good idea? WTF would you risk an OP condition with a 20 mid with a future??

We put Siposs and Webster in moth ball with shin splints... Yet continued playing a mid with OP

Yeah right,

This has never been reported or confirmed, an IMO the club would be out of their mind (negligent) to do this, after what they did with Luke Ball!!!

Hopefully it's bulls**t .... Because if true, OMG WTF!!!!

The Doctors said it wouldnt make one bit of difference to him in the long run and the operations were so small he could train the next week. And as doesnt have OP the doctors and the club were correct in their decision to do what they did. And he didnt have the operations for every year. i think it was only in about his third year and not for the whole season.

Who would have thought that the doctors know more than us?