Well said Caro

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

karnaby
Club Player

Re: Well said Caro

Just quickly, re 2009 - 2010. There were definitely people on here who were calling out for youngsters to get a run and to be developed. I do acknowledge that injuries impacted on lyon's ability to give more kids a game but he seemed to think, and the prevailing mantra on here was '..don't flirt with form...'

Whilst I'm sure that we all enjoyed getting to those grand finals there were people at that time who were thinking about what the future might hold.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Agree Karnaby.

I wasn't one of them, but there were some.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Ross Lyon is a great coach and Luke Ball is a quallity player - sometimes players and coaches dont see eye to eye history is littered with storys like that , to me Caro is flinging mud at RL (wonder who her tigers are playing this week) digging up an old story with little relevance ... my feel on the lyon situation is he was not shying away from the rebuild (his last draft saw us grab kids and also play them on a more regular occasion) he was settleing in for the years we are currently having yeah his nose was prob out of joint by the appointment of Pelch to "oversee" it all but hey thats life , i think the thing was Freo saw an opportunity to become a big time player in the hunt for the flag , i know for a fact there was a heated board meeting in 2011 where the questions were raised that if they dont make the g/f in the era of Sandi Pav and McPharlin while the likes of GC and GWS are still minows there was a strong likelyhood that Freo will be the only club without a flag ... this made Freo become more ruthless they set their sights on the best coach in the comp and got him ... so i dont buy this Ross Lyon left us in the lerch or the "he destroyed our list" conspiricy ... natural progression was showing we were due to head down the ladder and rebuild under Lyon i reckon we prob would not have slipped so quickly but then the bounce back would prob take longer ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

karnaby wrote:Just quickly, re 2009 - 2010. There were definitely people on here who were calling out for youngsters to get a run and to be developed. I do acknowledge that injuries impacted on lyon's ability to give more kids a game but he seemed to think, and the prevailing mantra on here was '..don't flirt with form...'

Whilst I'm sure that we all enjoyed getting to those grand finals there were people at that time who were thinking about what the future might hold.
fact remains the kids we had were just not up to it ... you can say well we never tried them but lets be honest what kids were beating down the door for a go? Howard ? Miles? Hutchings? Smith?
we had late picks in shallow drafts ... hence why we picked recycled players ... our drafting was bad make no mistake but lets be honest we didnt really have any cream picks to work with

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Ross Lyon is a great coach and Luke Ball is a quallity player - sometimes players and coaches dont see eye to eye history is littered with storys like that , to me Caro is flinging mud at RL (wonder who her tigers are playing this week) digging up an old story with little relevance ... my feel on the lyon situation is he was not shying away from the rebuild (his last draft saw us grab kids and also play them on a more regular occasion) he was settleing in for the years we are currently having yeah his nose was prob out of joint by the appointment of Pelch to "oversee" it all but hey thats life , i think the thing was Freo saw an opportunity to become a big time player in the hunt for the flag , i know for a fact there was a heated board meeting in 2011 where the questions were raised that if they dont make the g/f in the era of Sandi Pav and McPharlin while the likes of GC and GWS are still minows there was a strong likelyhood that Freo will be the only club without a flag ... this made Freo become more ruthless they set their sights on the best coach in the comp and got him ... so i dont buy this Ross Lyon left us in the lerch or the "he destroyed our list" conspiricy ... natural progression was showing we were due to head down the ladder and rebuild under Lyon i reckon we prob would not have slipped so quickly but then the bounce back would prob take longer ...

not much i would agree with there mate....sorry...stick by what i have already said...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Viking3 wrote:We are all harsh with the luxury of hindsight.
Whilst most of what is being said is probably true, he did take us to 2 consecutive Grand Finals.
Allan Jeans was the only other coach to have achieved that with a club that shoots itself in the foot more often than not.
I for one enjoyed the ride.
Interestingly Yabby shipped one of our best 5 players of all time (IMHO), dual Brownlow medallist Ian Stewart, off to Richmond for a 'star' player Billy Barrot who stayed about 3 minutes before being shipped off to Carlton.
Stewart also went on to win a premiership and another Brownlow medal with Richmond as well as making their team of the century.

In hindsight I reckon Stewart would have been handy to have in the team in the 1971 losing grand final.

None of us are privy to the conversations that took place between Ball and Lyon but it does suit some agendas to portray what happened in a specific way.
Again IMHO the biggest failure of that period was the recruiting of Lovett, not the loss of Ball.
But even that can be viewed as 'understandable' if you buy into the notion that we found ourselves agonizingly short in 2009 and believed we needed an injection of midfield pace to rectify that problem.

Unfortunately history will show that Lovett never played a game for us and Ball ultimately won his premiership medal the following season playing for the Club he insisted on being traded to.

No question that Lyon coached us for the present with scant regard for the future.
But was that not his job?
Wasn't he brought in to 'finish the job' after GT brought us as far as he could (according to the Board)?
So one could argue that Lyon actually did what he was supposed to do (without actually winning a flag) and then left when he foresaw his role had changed - from finishing the job to redeveloping the list.
you're trying to repaint history there mate.....or show judas in a much better light than he deserves...the creep left for the money and the glory ...simple as that......

jeans, a copper.. couldn't stand having stewart...a flasher ...around the club.....and we got conned by the tigers....we would also have won the 97 grannie if the afl hadn't bent us over and helped the swine steal plugger from us.......hall would have also been an attribute in all our final series in the early 2000s........shame...but that is our cross to bear....
I don't think Lyon ever cven considered taking control of a necessary rebuild. I think he wanted/needed a big money/long term contract and when the Dockers offered he jumped as quickly as he could.

BUT
it doesn't change my opinion on what his brief probably was when handed the coaching role at St Kilda. Take us to the next level and win a flag (or 2) with this list that we've assembled over the last 6 years.
His method was to fill the holes he perceived in the team, not the list.
And he went mightily close to achieving the plan.
And had he achieved the ultimate, we would still be in the same position list wise as the one we find ourselves today.
The only difference is that the supporters and wider football community would not care about how the list was because we had won a premiership (or 2).

The fact that an errant toe, some woeful kicking at goal and a shocking bounce robbed us of winning means that every decision he and the Club made are now under the hindsight microscope.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Do you still believe he left cause it was "untenable" plugger66, or the fact he must of had a fair idea of what he could do with the freo list has changed your mind?

I reckon he wanted to go, and looked for an out.

Because he went against everything he preached in leaving.

I cant remember ever saying he left because its untenable. What I find amazing is some seem happy he went because he stuffed up the club but in the same breath are pissed off he left. I think you will find that when there were rumours he was leaving I said i couldnt give a stuff.

I honestly think both parties were happy with the end result and i have never ever been annoyed at a players or coaches leaving. Disappointed or devistated but not annoyed with the people leaving. have been upset with the club sometimes though. i also have no doubt many now blaming RL for how we are must have had their heads in the sand if they couldnt see it was going to happen. i also think some are that upset with him leaving they are rewriting history on how their thoughts were about RL back in 2009 and 10. Just go back and read some old posts and sit back and laugh.
I didn't say you said that...I was more asking if you believed his reasons.

I'm saying he said that is why he left.

I think it isn't why he left.

That was more my point.

I really dont care why he left or if he told lies about why he left. I rarely get upset with anyone leaving a club. People take it to personally. i dont care if he preached loyalty and then left. couldnt give a tinkers to be honest. I certainly dont change my mind about him as a coach like many seem to have done because the person left our club. Big deal. havent changed my mind about Ball or Bj as players because they left our club. Even in this thread a couple have suggested he stuffed up our clubs list but also say he is a pig because he left for money. If I thought he wasnt a good coach I wouldnt be getting upset he left for money. i would be happy he left.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:a shocking bounce robbed us of winning
Still makes me sick.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Ross Lyon is a great coach and Luke Ball is a quallity player - sometimes players and coaches dont see eye to eye history is littered with storys like that , to me Caro is flinging mud at RL (wonder who her tigers are playing this week) digging up an old story with little relevance ... my feel on the lyon situation is he was not shying away from the rebuild (his last draft saw us grab kids and also play them on a more regular occasion) he was settleing in for the years we are currently having yeah his nose was prob out of joint by the appointment of Pelch to "oversee" it all but hey thats life , i think the thing was Freo saw an opportunity to become a big time player in the hunt for the flag , i know for a fact there was a heated board meeting in 2011 where the questions were raised that if they dont make the g/f in the era of Sandi Pav and McPharlin while the likes of GC and GWS are still minows there was a strong likelyhood that Freo will be the only club without a flag ... this made Freo become more ruthless they set their sights on the best coach in the comp and got him ... so i dont buy this Ross Lyon left us in the lerch or the "he destroyed our list" conspiricy ... natural progression was showing we were due to head down the ladder and rebuild under Lyon i reckon we prob would not have slipped so quickly but then the bounce back would prob take longer ...

not much i would agree with there mate....sorry...stick by what i have already said...
i wouldnt expect you too stinger ... you make it pretty clear you dont hold Ross in anything but a negative light and hey thats fair enough but the fact still remains it took Freo to activley persue him for him to leave , the way he left and the bitterness of it all has been spoken about at lenght every where and i think we all agree we felt somewhat betrayed by Lyon... but the real story is more about how Freo saw what we had and wanted it , they were swift and direct they made the call that Ross is who they wanted and they went out and got him until that point Ross was staying with us , there was even a press conferance sheduled for that week to announce he had resigned , Freo slipped in with their cant refuse offer and Ross didnt refuse it , im sure there were many reasons that made the freo offer more appealing , Money, spat with the club, closing premiership window, Freo in their prime....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
stinger wrote:

i wouldnt expect you too stinger ... you make it pretty clear you dont hold Ross in anything but a negative light and hey thats fair enough but the fact still remains it took Freo to activley persue him for him to leave , the way he left and the bitterness of it all has been spoken about at lenght every where and i think we all agree we felt somewhat betrayed by Lyon... but the real story is more about how Freo saw what we had and wanted it , they were swift and direct they made the call that Ross is who they wanted and they went out and got him until that point Ross was staying with us , there was even a press conferance sheduled for that week to announce he had resigned , Freo slipped in with their cant refuse offer and Ross didnt refuse it , im sure there were many reasons that made the freo offer more appealing , Money, spat with the club, closing premiership window, Freo in their prime....

he still left us in the lurch...showed no loyalty to his players and ran for the money knowing that he had screwed our future....

...look ...it's easy to be wise after the event.....and believe me i was a critic of lyons long before he left.....but i think we were sold a pup by lyon's friends....roo who clearly still loves the swannies...was intent on looking after his mate...lyon...and the swans and their future...we could have signed longmire...he wanted the job....but roo, walls and others said...no...go for lyon......we did..leaving the better coach to go on and win a premiership for the bloods...with a possible second one highly likely..

if we had signed longmire, he would still be at the club....so would ball and bj......plus some experienced ...by now... kids...maybe a flag as well........no.... we were sold down the river and we are now suffering the consequences.......

agree about freo though....for 140 odd years other clubs have looked at us...and then taken what they wanted......we have always been to piss weak to stop them......unfortunately.... :cry:

Richter
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:fact remains the kids we had were just not up to it ... you can say well we never tried them but lets be honest what kids were beating down the door for a go? Howard ? Miles? Hutchings? Smith?
we had late picks in shallow drafts ... hence why we picked recycled players ... our drafting was bad make no mistake but lets be honest we didnt really have any cream picks to work with
Not true Trav. For starters...

David Armitage - drafted in 2006 - played 12 games in '09-'10
Jack Steven - drafted in 2007 - played 9 games in '09-'10

Meanwhile...

Robert Eddy - drafted in 2006 - played 20 games in '09-'10 - delisted after GF2
Andrew McQualter - drafted in 2004 - played 49 games in '09-'10 - delisted after 2011 season

Lyon preferred to play role-players in Eddy and McQualter who have not proved to be longer term AFL players rather than to pump games in to Armo and Steven who have. On the other hand, Clinton Jones was played who has turned out to be a 100 game player for us.

I understood at the time why Lyon went this route (particularly in McQ's case) but history suggests that some wrong decisions were made.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:fact remains the kids we had were just not up to it ... you can say well we never tried them but lets be honest what kids were beating down the door for a go? Howard ? Miles? Hutchings? Smith?
Not true Trav. For starters...

David Armitage - drafted in 2006 - played 12 games in '09-'10
Jack Steven - drafted in 2007 - played 9 games in '09-'10

Meanwhile...

Robert Eddy - drafted in 2006 - played 20 games in '09-'10 - delisted after GF2
Andrew McQualter - drafted in 2004 - played 49 games in '09-'10 - delisted after 2011 season

Lyon preferred to play role-players in Eddy and McQualter who have not proved to be longer term AFL players rather than to pump games in to Armo and Steven who have. On the other hand, Clinton Jones was played who has turned out to be a 100 game player for us.

I understood at the time why Lyon went this route (particularly in McQ's case) but history suggests that some wrong decisions were made.

The problem is RL coaching required role players. We definately didnt have the best side back then but because of his role players plus stars we won 19 in a row and couldn have won 2 GF's. Steven was injured with Op for a fair while in both those years. He was also given a few chances in 2010 and in his last game before he was dropped got only 4 possessions. hardly exciting stuff. Armo played 12 games in 2008 se we cant say he wouldnt play him. he obviously lacked something that needed fixing. Armo also got injured in 2010 and then missed games near the end of the season.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

he still left us in the lurch...showed no loyalty to his players and ran for the money knowing that he had screwed our future....

...look ...it's easy to be wise after the event.....and believe me i was a critic of lyons long before he left.....but i think we were sold a pup by lyon's friends....roo who clearly still loves the swannies...was intent on looking after his mate...lyon...and the swans and their future...we could have signed longmire...he wanted the job....but roo, walls and others said...no...go for lyon......we did..leaving the better coach to go on and win a premiership for the bloods...with a possible second one highly likely..

if we had signed longmire, he would still be at the club....so would ball and bj......plus some experienced ...by now... kids...maybe a flag as well........no.... we were sold down the river and we are now suffering the consequences.......

agree about freo though....for 140 odd years other clubs have looked at us...and then taken what they wanted......we have always been to piss weak to stop them......unfortunately.... :cry:
wow there is a lot of conspirisy stuff there Stinger only think missing was the dragons ... i really dont think Roos given he had just lost the 2006 g/f by a point was really that hell bent on screwing over St Kilda .... i reckon Lyon was prob ahead or Longmire in Roo's eyes at that time anyway so i think you are well off the mark with the comment that we were sold a dud ... Lyon came from nowhere and blew away the panel (note not just Wallsy but a group of interviewers) with his presentation ... he got the St Kilda job by his efforts not because Roos said "no go for Lyon" ...

as for Longmire its hard to really judge how good he really is against how Ross performed for us given the swans have a fair bit more to work with .. and second to that the belief that had we signed him that he Ball and BJ (that i find very strange we are blaming Ross for him leaving considering it was Scotty and co who were not to fussed to see him walk) would still be at the club is indeed speculative ... who is to say that in the same situation Longmire woldnt have chased the dollars ? whos to say that Longmire and Riewoldt may have had a falling out and we could have lost him for nothing but kept Ball ? whos to say Longmire instead of bringing Dempster and Shnides he wouldnt have taken Josh Willoughby and Ryan Brabazon ?... i could go on there are a billion varriables yet you are looking at the best case options only

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I used to get inside info through a mate who worked with a St Kilda board member's dad and this guy's dad is a former director and board member at Freo. He said there were concerns as far back as 09 but the GF appearance was buying him time. By 2010 he was again a concern but was getting results. People on here were moaning about the lack of development and his obsession with recycling players so I think that's not true either.

I feel it is a footy departments job to bring through youth to play at least a few games. The problem was Ross really did run an Autocracy down there where he told the reins of everything. Thommo did the same thing so was really just assuming control.

The appointment of Pelchen apparently was the point that Ross became pissed off with the board who he saw as usurping his control. He is a director of footy or a manager who controls how the football operations are run- not a recruiter.

Freo apparently acknowledged the development gulf that existed and have strict policies to combat it.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
stinger wrote:

wow there is a lot of conspirisy stuff there Stinger only think missing was the dragons ... i really dont think Roos given he had just lost the 2006 g/f by a point was really that hell bent on screwing over St Kilda .... i reckon Lyon was prob ahead or Longmire in Roo's eyes at that time anyway so i think you are well off the mark with the comment that we were sold a dud ... Lyon came from nowhere and blew away the panel (note not just Wallsy but a group of interviewers) with his presentation ... he got the St Kilda job by his efforts not because Roos said "no go for Lyon" ...

as for Longmire its hard to really judge how good he really is against how Ross performed for us given the swans have a fair bit more to work with .. and second to that the belief that had we signed him that he Ball and BJ (that i find very strange we are blaming Ross for him leaving considering it was Scotty and co who were not to fussed to see him walk) would still be at the club is indeed speculative ... who is to say that in the same situation Longmire woldnt have chased the dollars ? whos to say that Longmire and Riewoldt may have had a falling out and we could have lost him for nothing but kept Ball ? whos to say Longmire instead of bringing Dempster and Shnides he wouldnt have taken Josh Willoughby and Ryan Brabazon ?... i could go on there are a billion varriables yet you are looking at the best case options only

you put up alternative views...good for discussion...still think i may just be on the money....worked around lawyers and criminals for too long to actually trust anyone these days...... i certainly don't trust or like lyon......

lomgmire might have seen more value in bj than scott did...or maybe a flag won under longmire with ball still in the team might have the goal bj was seeking...and being more content....would have stayed.....

why the flower would any club give up no 1 or 2 draft picks with the career records that bj and ball had without a fight.....i will never understand or accept that....

thank you for the discussion though mate.... :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I used to get inside info through a mate who worked with a St Kilda board member's dad and this guy's dad is a former director and board member at Freo. He said there were concerns as far back as 09 but the GF appearance was buying him time. By 2010 he was again a concern but was getting results. People on here were moaning about the lack of development and his obsession with recycling players so I think that's not true either.

I feel it is a footy departments job to bring through youth to play at least a few games. The problem was Ross really did run an Autocracy down there where he told the reins of everything. Thommo did the same thing so was really just assuming control.

The appointment of Pelchen apparently was the point that Ross became pissed off with the board who he saw as usurping his control. He is a director of footy or a manager who controls how the football operations are run- not a recruiter.

Freo apparently acknowledged the development gulf that existed and have strict policies to combat it.
good post......valid points.......have a look at hawthorn, geelong, swans and the filth......all four have young kids continually coming through......the filth have played around 40 players this year......lyon neglected our future for short term gain....he could have played kids...he might even have won a flag ding it......

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I used to get inside info through a mate who worked with a St Kilda board member's dad and this guy's dad is a former director and board member at Freo. He said there were concerns as far back as 09 but the GF appearance was buying him time. By 2010 he was again a concern but was getting results. People on here were moaning about the lack of development and his obsession with recycling players so I think that's not true either.

My daughters boyfriends mother and father used to know someone who said the appointment of Pelchan had about 1% to do with RL leaving. it was more the money and the list at freo plus our club taking so long to sign him which in the end worked out well for all IMO. A mate of mines mate who was a board member at the saints said all coaches were consulted when decisions were made about players. he was good like that apparently. And yes there was about 3 people on here worried about development but if you read threads most mentioned have gone and as pointed out in threads at the time others mentioned were either injured or no where near ready at that stage like Stanley for example.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Newman wrote:On Footy Classifieds she aimed her arrow at Ross Lyon. She said Luke Ball should have been celebrating his 200th but wearing a jumper that had some red in it. Blasted 'Moneybags' for letting him go and also leaving the club in an ordinary playing list position. Good one Caroline.
It is absolutely f***ed that Luke Ball is not our current captain. Absolutely f***ed.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
Newman wrote:On Footy Classifieds she aimed her arrow at Ross Lyon. She said Luke Ball should have been celebrating his 200th but wearing a jumper that had some red in it. Blasted 'Moneybags' for letting him go and also leaving the club in an ordinary playing list position. Good one Caroline.
It is absolutely f***ed that Luke Ball is not our current captain. Absolutely f***ed.
+1

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

good post......valid points.......have a look at hawthorn, geelong, swans and the filth......all four have young kids continually coming through......the filth have played around 40 players this year......lyon neglected our future for short term gain....he could have played kids...he might even have won a flag ding it......

So why do care how he left if he stuffed up the club? Which should have been obvious to everyone especially out board but we know the board didnt tell RL that was what they wanted him to coach like because all of us attended the board meetings. Surely we did.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

My daughters boyfriends mother and father used to know someone who said the appointment of Pelchan had about 1% to do with RL leaving. it was more the money and the list at freo plus our club taking so long to sign him which in the end worked out well for all IMO. A mate of mines mate who was a board member at the saints said all coaches were consulted when decisions were made about players. he was good like that apparently. And yes there was about 3 people on here worried about development but if you read threads most mentioned have gone and as pointed out in threads at the time others mentioned were either injured or no where near ready at that stage like Stanley for example.

What ever ....believe what you want but this guy is always spot on with everything and this board member was an Ex Saints player. Can't say who but you could probably work it our. He works with a couple of ex Essendon players too but the board members old man has retired now. He's good for general footy stuff now but not so good on our internal stuff any more.

I don't need to justify anything to you you old flog.....I thought it might be interesting to other Saints fans.

I used to defend Lyon by the way until he left in inglorious circumstances. The way he left embarrassed the club and burnt bridges. I'm in business and would never do anything as embarrassing to a former employer or i would expect to make myself look an arsehole. They were about to go to a press conference to announce his re signing and he calls last minute to say "I'm f$#@ing off to Perth c^&$ suckers...see yas."

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I really dont care why he left or if he told lies about why he left. I rarely get upset with anyone leaving a club. People take it to personally. i dont care if he preached loyalty and then left. couldnt give a tinkers to be honest. I certainly dont change my mind about him as a coach like many seem to have done because the person left our club. Big deal. havent changed my mind about Ball or Bj as players because they left our club. Even in this thread a couple have suggested he stuffed up our clubs list but also say he is a pig because he left for money. If I thought he wasnt a good coach I wouldnt be getting upset he left for money. i would be happy he left.
This thread us about if Caro thinks he deserves a whack and why...

Reckon some out there believed he was hard done by, when clearly he is earning big money, has resources, has a great list...

Their just not buying it anymore, which is ok
Last edited by SainterK on Tue 16 Jul 2013 7:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote: They were about to go to a press conference to announce his re signing and he calls last minute to say "I'm f$#@ing off to Perth c^&$ suckers...see yas."
that they were gringo...and that he did......

should never be welcomed back at the club.......like to bump into him one day too......tell him what i thought...not that he would give a rats
Last edited by stinger on Tue 16 Jul 2013 7:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

What ever ....believe what you want but this guy is always spot on with everything and this board member was an Ex Saints player. Can't say who but you could probably work it our. He works with a couple of ex Essendon players too but the board members old man has retired now. He's good for general footy stuff now but not so good on our internal stuff any more.

I don't need to justify anything to you you old flog.....I thought it might be interesting to other Saints fans.

I used to defend Lyon by the way until he left in inglorious circumstances. The way he left embarrassed the club and burnt bridges. I'm in business and would never do anything as embarrassing to a former employer or i would expect to make myself look an arsehole. They were about to go to a press conference to announce his re signing and he calls last minute to say "I'm f$#@ing off to Perth c^&$ suckers...see yas."

I was just pointing out that heard differently. Should i not say that and let everyone just go with what you heard. The person i heard this off is someone everyone would know on here and i mean everyone. i dont know him personally but I trust the source. I have also heard other things from people at my footy club that i talk to when i watch my friends kids play footy but wouldnt mention them here unless someone said something that i though was wrong. Who said you had to justify anything. You heard things and I heard things. Old flog a bit tough. its like your Richmond mate with Spencer White saying how lucky we got him that late and my daughters boyfriend saying he hardly showed much till later in his last year and many were surprised he went so early. I suppose the difference with those is both are opinions where as the other thing i have been told is fact. By the way i wouldnt beleive they were about to do a press conference what ever you have heard. That isnt true. I was told that by someone very close to Nettlefold.

And how ever RL left our club shouldnt change your opinion of him as a coach. Surely he could or couldnt coach.
Last edited by plugger66 on Tue 16 Jul 2013 7:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
This thread us about if Caro thinks he deserves a whack and why...

Reckon some out there believed he was hard done by, when clearly he is earning big money, has resources, has a great list...

Their just not buying it anymore, which is ok

I just answered what you asked. i know a lot who thought RL was a great coach but I can honestly say I dont know one who thinks he was hard done by unless we are talking about people saying he couldnt coach.