Be Prepared For Saturday Night

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Be Prepared For Saturday Night

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
saintbrat wrote:AFL‏@AFL22s
Etihad Stadium management has asked fans to "barrack responsibly" at #AFLBluesSaints on Saturday: http://afl.to/1dphwBF

and that will work

MUM: Boys play nice

Boys: punch pinch tap tap harder......
What a farce. The AFL have clearly stuffed up yet again. You'd think with all the previous players being charged over the years that they'd have a clear policy endorsed by the players and AFLPA that stated that players ate automatically stood down if charged for serious crime (eg rape, murder, manslaughter, GBH etc).

The AOC have one.

You just watch the AFL Hindsight Heroes wake up to themselves and at the end of the season they'll finally have a policy.

I fully blame the AFL - the Saints are probably running chickenshit away from getting sued by just playing him with the backing of the AFL as the AFL hasn't a leg to stand on either at the moment.

What are you on about. i have not one little doubt had they stood him down indefinately you would be saying the AFL are a disgrace for having this policy or many others would. Blaming the AFL for this. Surely you are joking?
No I'm not joking I'm serious. Why shouldn't they?

Have a look online there is an article I think in The Age about it.

If the Australian Olympic Committee have one why can't the AFL?

Or are you just playing the devil's advocate for the sake of it?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
What a farce. The AFL have clearly stuffed up yet again. You'd think with all the previous players being charged over the years that they'd have a clear policy endorsed by the players and AFLPA that stated that players ate automatically stood down if charged for serious crime (eg rape, murder, manslaughter, GBH etc).

The AOC have one.

You just watch the AFL Hindsight Heroes wake up to themselves and at the end of the season they'll finally have a policy.

I fully blame the AFL - the Saints are probably running chickenshit away from getting sued by just playing him with the backing of the AFL as the AFL hasn't a leg to stand on either at the moment.

What are you on about. i have not one little doubt had they stood him down indefinately you would be saying the AFL are a disgrace for having this policy or many others would. Blaming the AFL for this. Surely you are joking?
No I'm not joking I'm serious. Why shouldn't they?

Have a look online there is an article I think in The Age about it.

If the Australian Olympic Committee have one why can't the AFL?

Or are you just playing the devil's advocate for the sake of it?

No im saying you cant have a set policy. Every case must be treated on its own merits. Whilst you think they should have the policy many would think they shouldnt so can explain how the AFL can win in that situation. By the way even if they did have such a policy id be pretty sure it would still end up in court if the player wanted to really play. By the way how do you know the AOC have such a policy?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl ... 2pvpy.html

Here's the article plugs.

Well it seems the AOC broke their own rules because Nick Darcy was convicted of assult and still competed at the olympics last year so that policy has been broken at least once.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm going along to support my CLUB (as I always do, no change for me on that count)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I'm going along to support my CLUB (as I always do, no change for me on that count)
Me too!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I honestly think that apart from some ferals (from both sets of supporters) who are prepared to take tonight's fixture into realms beyond football, there will be little cause for concern. I'm taking my granddaughter and have every confidence that responsible adult behaviour from both sets of supporters will prevail.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

lounge, fire, combustion heater, jameson, maybe some chips

always_a_saint
Club Player

It's comments like this, which I've seen a few times on Facebook last couple of days, that make me sure he is going to cop abuse the whole game. (If I knew how to post a picture of it I would, but anyway)

'Etihad stadium management had asked fans to barrack responsibly at the Carlton v Saints game. Wouldn't have to ask if they didn't let rapists play AFL. I will be booing and saying my piece as loudly as I can from wherever I end up at the game!!'

As far as most other fans seem to be concerned, Milne may as well have been convicted. There is no innocence before proven guilty in their eyes. Will be tough to listen to tonight me thinks.

Although I assume the Ch 7 commentators will tell everyone how wrong they are when the abuse Milne, just like they stuck up for Jobe Watson. Right???

will always be a saint...no matter what.

bring home that premiership boys
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

always_a_saint wrote:It's comments like this, which I've seen a few times on Facebook last couple of days, that make me sure he is going to cop abuse the whole game. (If I knew how to post a picture of it I would, but anyway)

'Etihad stadium management had asked fans to barrack responsibly at the Carlton v Saints game. Wouldn't have to ask if they didn't let rapists play AFL. I will be booing and saying my piece as loudly as I can from wherever I end up at the game!!'

As far as most other fans seem to be concerned, Milne may as well have been convicted. There is no innocence before proven guilty in their eyes. Will be tough to listen to tonight me thinks.

Although I assume the Ch 7 commentators will tell everyone how wrong they are when the abuse Milne, just like they stuck up for Jobe Watson. Right???
Dont be too tough on Carlton supporters. Milne's situation is a complex one. Most of them struggle with the alphabet. Their club has treated us with contempt for over 100 years. You only had to spend an afternoon in the outer at that stinking brothel in Carlton called Princess Park back in the day to understand. My 11 year old sister was called an effen sl*t by an unshowered, unshaved, and pissed young lady with children at that tip. She sucked on can after can in between the abuse she and her sounder of Carlton swines gave St Kilda and it's supporters. Winning at that stage by close to 100 points wasn't even anough for them to slow up. This was a common occurence when visiting that cesspit at Carlton. Nothing will change tonight.

Apart from that I don't mind them. :D