Watters "Clear headed"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Watters "Clear headed"

Who are you writing to? And never seen Staley take any marks up forward. Not sure about White but if we are talking sandy which I gather you are then Hickey has taken contested marks up forward.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Watters probably has close family in Perth watching the WAFL games.
Forget Boyd or the others, SW will be looking for one-dimensional non-tackling small forwards from WA. Not enough in the team.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Richter wrote:I don't really see the point in us having a crack for the number 1 pick this year. We have Tom Lee and Spencer White who we picked up last year as up and coming key forwards. Sure we don't know that they will make it but I don't see the point in narrowing our options at this stage by gunning for Boyd at #1. Better we grab a top quality mid like Aish or Kelly this year. Next year we'll have a bit more of a sense of how Tom Lee at the least is going and we can decide then whether we aim for another KPP at our first pick.
I agree with that in principal, HOWEVER it all comes down to how amazing a talent Boyd is. If he is a once in a generation type forward then you have to weigh that up - tall forward, exceptional draft prospects like Riewoldt, Buddy don't come along very often at all.

Kiedis
Club Player

I'm happy that we're at least having a think about all avenues..

Doesn't mean we'll do it. But I'm glad we're being proactive & feeling things out.

As Scott said; there wouldn't be a club in Australia who wouldn't like Tom Boyd there.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:
Richter wrote:I don't really see the point in us having a crack for the number 1 pick this year. We have Tom Lee and Spencer White who we picked up last year as up and coming key forwards. Sure we don't know that they will make it but I don't see the point in narrowing our options at this stage by gunning for Boyd at #1. Better we grab a top quality mid like Aish or Kelly this year. Next year we'll have a bit more of a sense of how Tom Lee at the least is going and we can decide then whether we aim for another KPP at our first pick.
I agree with that in principal, HOWEVER it all comes down to how amazing a talent Boyd is. If he is a once in a generation type forward then you have to weigh that up - tall forward, exceptional draft prospects like Riewoldt, Buddy don't come along very often at all.

Essendon got a free one last year. i don't think we really need another forward either tall or small- surely two or three of the forwards we have on our list will be players. We have Maister, White, Stanley, Milera, TDL, Saad, Minchington, Shenton, Siposs etc. And We should get a couple more seasons out of Riewoldt probably not Milne.

A key back is what we need more than anything and a couple of outstanding mids would be extremely handy.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Any trade for pick 1 that includes pick 3 or whatever our puck is would be lunacy. Happy to trade for pick 1 but u only do it if you can hold onto your top 5 pick. That probably rules it out for us

#1 Ryder fan