Lee & Hickey-SIZE?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Lee & Hickey-SIZE?

It be that it was on TV. It might be my failing eyesight (old age) but I thought both Tom Lee & Tom Hickey looked to have put on a bit of muscle over the past month or two. Has anyone else noticed this? or Am I barking up the wrong tree ..................again? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

savatage
SS Life Member

Re: Lee & Hickey-SIZE?

Tom Lee has definitely put on some size - but also he is noticeably carrying "puppy fat".

This next pre-season, if attacked right - he should be able to carve out a stronger, fitter body in general. He kind of looks like he's "just going" physically at the minute.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Lee's going to be a very good full forward and Hickey an exceptional ruckman

wolfpup
Club Player

Eastern wrote:It be that it was on TV. It might be my failing eyesight (old age) but I thought both Tom Lee & Tom Hickey looked to have put on a bit of muscle over the past month or two. Has anyone else noticed this? or Am I barking up the wrong tree ..................again? !!
Yep i agree, Lee looked much bigger was pleasantly surprised. That mcevoy tap to jack and mark and goal from 50 by Lee (2nd quarter i think) reminded of the gehrig days.

-----------

St.Kilda Forever!
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

a good pre season of Danks supplements will heed some great results... 4 or 5 kg of lean muscle...

Why not? Essendon will get off scott free

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Based on a bit of experience i have never heard of any fit player puting on size during the season. Most young players will lose weight from about Febuary until just about the end of the year because they dont do as many weights as pre season and due to the running they do usually lose a little during the season. A guy like Markworth should put on weight during the year.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I saw them both up near an Essendon botox clinic last month.

THought they were getting their crows feet done :shock: :shock:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:A guy like Markworth should put on weight during the year.
Yes & I think that is why they were holding him back from VFL games last year, so he could a) bulk up and b) not lose it all in games…

I do wonder though whether adding a lot of bulk like that increases the chances of a joint injury like he did in the summer.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Both the same as they were at the start of the season. Back in May, after a Sandy game, I said that Lee looks like a footballer and he still does.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Thought that Saunders had put on some size too.

He was looking fit.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

One of the commentators on SEN during the game who seemed to know a fair bit about Lee was putting Lee in the mid 90kg range and reckon he had put on size since leaving the WAFL. We could have our next power forward.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Forget all these special diets and banned substances- just feed the boys up on meat and 3 veg every meal, and the trainers should carry a packet of Twisties and a 2lt bottle of coke (not the Essendon variety of coke) to take out to players on the field..the guys would all bulk up nicely- even TDL and Milera

FQF
SS Life Member

Lee seems to be to be a forward in the mould of Kennedy.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Funny, one week to the next Lee is a superstar or a dud?
Which is it?

IMO he will play 150 games and be very serviceable, exactly what we need in our development phase.
Neither a star nor a dud, but worth the pick swap we did.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:Funny, one week to the next Lee is a superstar or a dud?
Which is it?

IMO he will play 150 games and be very serviceable, exactly what we need in our development phase.
I tend to agree. A bit of a Meister - but hopefully slightly better. I cannot see Lee being a star, but if he plays 100 to 150 games that'd be a fair result.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Which is it?

I tend to agree. A bit of a Meister - but hopefully slightly better. I cannot see Lee being a star, but if he plays 100 to 150 games that'd be a fair result.
Different player obviously, but in the Blake category for mine.
Watching the replay he hardly looks like he's carrying anything, except for a bit too much hair, needs a cut...

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The SEN commentator was was saying Lee is massive compared to the last season. He looked noticeably skinny at Claremont against port melbourne but was really slippery and elusive. i was a bit worried they might try to play him away from his strengths. He looked like an over grown Milney to me- snuck goals and created with his evasiveness and clean one touch handling of the ball but still a nice lead up chest marker. He has real potential to be a star forward if he can play like he did at WAFL- he looks like with better delivery and structure he could be very good.

Much more natural star potential than Maister who is a work horse type he has x factor Lee.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think Lee is more athletic and agile than Maister.
Will be good for us.

We got Maister for nothing and he has been a good workhorse for us. Cant knock the bloke at all. Was going well when he got injured.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Which is it?

Different player obviously, but in the Blake category for mine.
Watching the replay he hardly looks like he's carrying anything, except for a bit too much hair, needs a cut...
Lee is a footballer and former WAFL player with a future.
Wilkes is a WAFL player with no future.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

god I wish me putting on the weight got such good posts, I just get the nagging saying I am getting fat

jimmy_slats
Club Player

defiantly putting on size I've been to alot of vfl games this year and you have to remember he has missed a fair few games this year through injury

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

It is true players are at their biggest after the pre season when a lot of weight training has been done over the off season however that doesn't mean player specific diets (eating in a caloric surplus) and weight training is not continued for those who require addition strength / size. Lee has spent the year with a dodgy foot so fair chance he's spent more time under the iron while having a limited running program. He definitely looks bigger than when I saw him in the NAB Cup.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:It is true players are at their biggest after the pre season when a lot of weight training has been done over the off season however that doesn't mean player specific diets (eating in a caloric surplus) and weight training is not continued for those who require addition strength / size. Lee has spent the year with a dodgy foot so fair chance he's spent more time under the iron while having a limited running program. He definitely looks bigger than when I saw him in the NAB Cup.
the geelong players all bulked up suddenly when robinson and his mate dank were about......i think it was reported that a few of them put on 5 ks ..in a hurry......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Old Mate wrote:It is true players are at their biggest after the pre season when a lot of weight training has been done over the off season however that doesn't mean player specific diets (eating in a caloric surplus) and weight training is not continued for those who require addition strength / size. Lee has spent the year with a dodgy foot so fair chance he's spent more time under the iron while having a limited running program. He definitely looks bigger than when I saw him in the NAB Cup.
the geelong players all bulked up suddenly when robinson and his mate dank were about......i think it was reported that a few of them put on 5 ks ..in a hurry......
Well that's another topic. 5 kegs is not difficult to put on over a period covering an off season however maintaining speed, agility, endurance and gaining that sort of significant size and strength in an off season is extremely difficult and Geelong's program certainly has question marks. Watching the replay of the Dons/Port game I couldn't help but notice the size of guys like Hibberd, Howlett and Heppell. These players are young kids who look like they've seen a decade of training in a professional environment. A lot of similarities between the Bombers players and Geelong's aesthetically speaking.

paddy
Club Player

i do remember seeing Lee and Stanely walking beside each other and thinking that they almost looked the same height...

so he may have grown a little?!