Match simulation training

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintlester
Club Player

Match simulation training

Just a thought I have had and wondered if anybody had any thoghts on this. Do other clubs such as Filth perform better or develop young players better because they have tougher opponents in match simulation drills. My example would be Filth key backs lining up on Trav Cloke and having to learn how to play on monster forwards. Cannot see where our key backs would get that experience, have seen Kosi play and he gets brushed aside by opponents so can't see him being a great learning tool. Maybe our defenders think they can use their bodies well because of who they line up on in this type of drill. I know they have line coaches but learning by experience to me would be so much better. Guess the same can be said for forwards too.

Does anyone think this is a possibility? If so, is there any way to get outside people in to use in match drills or do we just wait for our list to hopefully improve.

Any thoughts would be welcome.