Murdoch ??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Murdoch ??

It's always hard to find positives after a shellacking like yesterday. But there again, I can remember that god-almighty pasting we got in round four or five in 2002 at Kardinia Park from the Catters and we had "youngsters" like Montagna, Dal Santo, and Riewoldt in the side, it was hard to tell then how good these players would be over a long period of time. I think we have several good prospects to build on and the future is not quite as black as some want to paint it.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
busso mick
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:It's always hard to find positives after a shellacking like yesterday. But there again, I can remember that god-almighty pasting we got in round four or five in 2002 at Kardinia Park from the Catters and we had "youngsters" like Montagna, Dal Santo, and Riewoldt in the side, it was hard to tell then how good these players would be over a long period of time. I think we have several good prospects to build on and the future is not quite as black as some want to paint it.
My thoughts exactly TJS, you don't have to go back too far when we were struggling 10 years ago to see what experience will bring to our side in a few years. Some astute drafting at the end of this year in combination with some of our existing young blokes will see us start our march back to the top. A lot of people who have got used to our success will just have to get used to the opposite for the next few years. I see it as a very exciting time for our club.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

You know Mick, I'm not so bothered about some posters having a different view to mine, I'm always prepared to be "happy to disagree and lets stay pals" What I find so mind-boggling is the unholy haste with which some posters get on here to spread/start negativity. At times I'm almost tempted to think that these folk are never happier than when they have something to complain about. THAT IS THEIR RIGHT, I'm just saying it's not MY way to support the club, is all.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
southernsaint
Club Player

At last a positive thread. If we can nail this draft as good as last years we will be ok. And dont forget markworth

Buckets
SS Life Member

Mick and Jiggster I couldn't agree more. Positives are there we just need to be patient.

The young guys blooded this year look good. And SouthernSaint your not wrong there, cant wait to have Markworth back on the field!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Seb definitely a keeper.
Just needs a rest I think.

Ross Newnes Wright Saunders and The Bull are all keepers.

And Jimmy!

So Webster Newnes Wright Bull Ross and Roberton.

Thats 6 players to build on.
don't know about newnes yet....mr stop and prop faics......hasn't the kid heard about playing on once he gets the ball.......frustrates me no end watching him......nice to see him developing a bit of mongrel though......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

stinger wrote:don't know about newnes yet....mr stop and prop faics......hasn't the kid heard about playing on once he gets the ball.......frustrates me no end watching him......nice to see him developing a bit of mongrel though......
All can be worked on - love that he seems to be finding plenty of it - that's a good start, and he's got a hard edge to him I reckon.

Would love to know what Perfectionist thinks of Murdoch..... :shock: :wink: :lol:

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
Would love to know what Perfectionist thinks of Murdoch..... :shock: :wink: :lol:
He blames him for taking out the Bulldogs full forward, but I don't think he even played that game :wink:

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

True Believer wrote:
Second worst player to ever play for the Saints apparently :wink:

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
loris
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:Mick and Jiggster I couldn't agree more. Positives are there we just need to be patient.

The young guys blooded this year look good. And SouthernSaint your not wrong there, cant wait to have Markworth back on the field!
+1

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

All of the above will be handy players, will prolly play 100 games plus but none IMO will be the cream and silk you need to challenge Top 4

Can anyone see any of them winning a Rising Star nomination this year? . Like it or not its a gauge of how your kids are going against other teams kids

Oh and please dont use the "none of them are high picks" argument. Plenty of nominees arent, plenty.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:All of the above will be handy players, will prolly play 100 games plus but none IMO will be the cream and silk you need to challenge Top 4

Can anyone see any of them winning a Rising Star nomination this year? . Like it or not its a gauge of how your kids are going against other teams kids

Oh and please dont use the "none of them are high picks" argument. Plenty of nominees arent, plenty.
Agree
They are all good players - but we all know we need another 3 or 4 young absolute guns if we want to get ahead.