The time has come

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

On the Ball
Club Player

The time has come

As of Rnd 1, we were lucky Melbourne got smashed. That got us off the hook for losing to GC Suns. Then Essendon imploded. Port were playing well and StKFC slipped under the radar as the 2013 underachievers. The Dogs havent helped themselves either. Now Port are back on track, Melbourne won a match and everyone is bored by the Bombers saga, so now the burners will be turned up on the Saints (and the Dogs). In an era where the media are sub-standard bullies, it wont stop them going to town on WTF is going on in downtown Seaford. Im not sure what the club stands for now. Who is running it - Watters or Pelchen? Whoever it is should put themselves on the line, cut the ego, and start managing the place in a better manner - on and off the field.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: The time has come

On the Ball wrote:As of Rnd 1, we were lucky Melbourne got smashed. That got us off the hook for losing to GC Suns. Then Essendon imploded. Port were playing well and StKFC slipped under the radar as the 2013 underachievers. The Dogs havent helped themselves either. Now Port are back on track, Melbourne won a match and everyone is bored by the Bombers saga, so now the burners will be turned up on the Saints (and the Dogs). In an era where the media are sub-standard bullies, it wont stop them going to town on WTF is going on in downtown Seaford. Im not sure what the club stands for now. Who is running it - Watters or Pelchen? Whoever it is should put themselves on the line, cut the ego, and start managing the place in a better manner - on and off the field.
317 posts in 9 years.
Guess with quality such as this you don't need much quantity!

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

On the Ball wrote:As of Rnd 1, we were lucky Melbourne got smashed. That got us off the hook for losing to GC Suns. Then Essendon imploded. Port were playing well and StKFC slipped under the radar as the 2013 underachievers. The Dogs havent helped themselves either. Now Port are back on track, Melbourne won a match and everyone is bored by the Bombers saga, so now the burners will be turned up on the Saints (and the Dogs). In an era where the media are sub-standard bullies, it wont stop them going to town on WTF is going on in downtown Seaford. Im not sure what the club stands for now. Who is running it - Watters or Pelchen? Whoever it is should put themselves on the line, cut the ego, and start managing the place in a better manner - on and off the field.
fair post...

But imo it's the guys that are the issue... list really is unbalanced and in poor shape. Disposal tonight was sooooo bad i just gave up getting mad when we turned it over. There’s a mass of work to be done just there.

Mids, all out of sorts, a real mess. I expected to be creamed by the Tiger mids tonight but i wanted to see a fight from ours. we showed some in the 1st but it dried up. I’m over getting upset now... that famous saints footy presure we had is gone. we have real effort problems..... i am not directing the blame at the coach it's our skills that a shot atm. he just don't have the ready class we used to have.

sorry to be negative but it hit me in the face tonight, how is the tiger took it off us and passed it round til they were ready to enter forward 50.

our defence is manpower down so not going to start on that, thought under the circumstances they did a good job tonight... could have been 100 pts tonight if they just gave up like our mids.

guys it's back to the drawing board 0102 styles so just enjoy the ride till we pick up some decent picks and build a team again.
sad to say but i think Joey will walk and think other might as well as where going to get worse before we get better.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

We had 10 guys playing tonight who were 23 or under in age - 5 guys guys were 20 or under in age

The average amount of games between these 10 players is 27.2 games (upper reach is McEvoy on 82 games and lower reach is Murdoch on 4 games)

Throw in 6 battle weary players 29 years in age or over and couple it with a decent injury list full of other experienced players and coach left with a big hole in his adopted playing list who is still trying to find his feet and this is whty we are currently struggling - Albiet that we are only really being blown away over the period of one quarter in any one particular game when we lose.

Take it that we are most likely to finish in the bottom 4 his season which will guarantee us 2 picks in the Top 23 (one in the top 5) and the likelihood that we will finish most likely bottom 5 again next year and the year after guaranteeing a couple more top 5 picks and couple this with our young playing list getting plenty of experience in over the next 3 years and some nice salary cap apsce to draft in some major middle age talent in the nexct year or so and the future is looking bright.

Whilst I hate losing I will relish watching our young squad develop over the next few years as should we all however it seems some cant see past the windscreen that is littered with the remains of dead dreams from a past decade - I say turn on your wipers and clear the debris and hopefully you might just get to see the road ahead.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

You just have to enjoy watching development and incremental improvement when it gets like this. Who knows how long we will be down but it isn't going to change with a new coach. i was speaking with a Melbourne supporter mate today and he said the fans wanted Bailey gone because they wanted a scape goat and it just compounded their problems. There is no magic formula just good drafting and development.

With the same list Ross had he got 12 wins minus a FB. Usually would have made finals with that. Attrition and age have dropped us away quickly after that.

Watts the Buzz
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:We had 10 guys playing tonight who were 23 or under in age - 5 guys guys were 20 or under in age

The average amount of games between these 10 players is 27.2 games (upper reach is McEvoy on 82 games and lower reach is Murdoch on 4 games)

Throw in 6 battle weary players 29 years in age or over and couple it with a decent injury list full of other experienced players and coach left with a big hole in his adopted playing list who is still trying to find his feet and this is whty we are currently struggling - Albiet that we are only really being blown away over the period of one quarter in any one particular game when we lose.

Take it that we are most likely to finish in the bottom 4 his season which will guarantee us 2 picks in the Top 23 (one in the top 5) and the likelihood that we will finish most likely bottom 5 again next year and the year after guaranteeing a couple more top 5 picks and couple this with our young playing list getting plenty of experience in over the next 3 years and some nice salary cap apsce to draft in some major middle age talent in the nexct year or so and the future is looking bright.

Whilst I hate losing I will relish watching our young squad develop over the next few years as should we all however it seems some cant see past the windscreen that is littered with the remains of dead dreams from a past decade - I say turn on your wipers and clear the debris and hopefully you might just get to see the road ahead.
Could not have said it better myself......we've been spoilt over the past 10 years playing finals I think every year bar one - this is the new normal now, we just have to wait till our kids develop, there's no easy way out. Supplement our current good batch of kids with a couple of guns hopefully in the next draft and we're off and running......patience my friends, patience.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Watts the Buzz wrote:
Devilhead wrote:We had 10 guys playing tonight who were 23 or under in age - 5 guys guys were 20 or under in age

Could not have said it better myself......we've been spoilt over the past 10 years playing finals I think every year bar one - this is the new normal now, we just have to wait till our kids develop, there's no easy way out. Supplement our current good batch of kids with a couple of guns hopefully in the next draft and we're off and running......patience my friends, patience.
good post

Fortius Quo Fidelius
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Watts the Buzz wrote:

Dont use the word Supplement

sasaint
Club Player

gringo wrote:You just have to enjoy watching development and incremental improvement when it gets like this.
Agree. Watched and enjoyed the rebuild after Timid but it does take time and certainly will not happen in one year. We so need some great recruiting. Faith in Pelchen!

Patience young grasshopper
Greg T
Club Player

Was brought up today on AW and SEN to the problems the saints are having at Seaford.
Won't be long

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key